Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam BhatiaYour feedback matters!
My daughter has weazing at night times. We were user homeopathy for 1 year but not cured later we went to childrens specialist and he has done all tests and come to know that infection and sugeested to use levoline, budecort and montralkid. When ever using that time no weazing and again its comes. We are taking thi treatment from 8 months. Her age is 8. Please advise.
What is the correct age for babies to stop breastfeed? does weaning increase weight? best solid food for babies?
Hello doctor My son now 14 month old He can not sit. Can not support his neck His birth on 7 month of pregnancy. And 1 month keep in nursery. His weight is 7 kg Please suggest me doctor.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
I have 2.5 years old baby boy. I am very worried for him as he continuously plays with his private part. As when he wakes he up he is banging his private part. please suggest.
My newborn son is 12 days old and he rarely burps after breast feeding and spills milk sometimes. I am really worried if its fine. He also has jaundice (8.9 when last checked on 8th day) and doc has said it will go on its own on 20th day. Shall I be avoiding certain foods or my daily massage that my midwife gives? Doc has also suggested not to apply nothing on his skin but he is having little pimples on his face.
Hi doc my son is 15 months old. His birth weight was 2. 75 and now he is 8. 8kg. Is this weight ok. He didn't like to drink any liquid fud except water. Eats other food normally but not sleeping properly. In day time he refuses to sleep. I manage him to sleep somehow for an hr else 2. Please help me in gaining his weight and to've a proper sleep.
My kid has tooth decay problem for 3 teeth. Pls help me to do permanent filling r temporary filling N present he don't have any pain.
My 13 year old son is overweight-67kg. Though he has cut down on junk and follows a strict diet his weight has not reduced. It has been so for the past 3 years. In fact, he was an underweight child till he was 3 years and later on till 10 years had no issues with body weight. Is there some problem I have to take care of?
My son 19 months old does not speak yet. He just says mam-mam and ish ishhh most of the time. Nothing more then that. I try to talk to him and show him things. But he does not speak anything else. Is there anything I must do for him?
I delivered my baby on Thursday 7th April, my nipples got sore feeding the baby. Can you please suggest any remedy.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.