Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Poonam BhatiaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 5 months old, she is taking formal milk. Past 10 days she is suffering from cold I gave coriminic drops 0.5 ml (her weight is 5.2 kg) and nasivion nasal drops. Still I notice that her cold has not been cured. Please suggest me a remedies for her cold. Can I follow the same syrup with same douse or should I change it. Please help me with correct medicine.
I have premature baby he takes powder milk when he was born his weigh was 900 gram now he is six month old his weight 4500 gram why his growth is average and please tell me how many ml of milk he should take after each 2 hours.
My baby boy is 9 month his inguinal hernia nd undescended testicle operation was last week, I want to know in future no problem his fertility.
My 8 year son has flat feet can he play badminton some time he say pain in foot he has three fracture in left and right foot and left foot also two years back doctor checked him and said that he has flat feet and also taken vitamin d test which is 12-13 we purchase arch support for him this is only for shoes playing time he use slipper what we purchase support for slipper in badminton ground sir do exercise and running then he say paining in his foot but he is very much interested in sport doctor said that we have to stop 1-2 month sports but badminton sir said that he will do only wall practising what we do pls help.
After DPT vaccination fever of my 3.5 months old baby weighing 5.9 kg raised to 101. Dr. Asked to give 2 ml of ibugesic plus as fever was not dropping with other paracetamol syrup Now I have read on internet Ibugesic plus is not safe for infants below 1 year. I am very much worried will it harm my baby?
She is of 4 month and she was fair when she born but now she is not fair her colour have been changed due to changing of place . So what to do to bring the fairness of baby.
Aagar baby ko loose motion lag jae to opium de sakte hai ya nahi. Agar dene k baad koi problem ho to kya kre.
Mera beta abhi 6th month ka hai. Usse pichle do month pehle wbc increase ho gaya tha jisse use fever, cough and cold, and loose motions ho rahe the. Hamne uska treatment karwaya tha tab wo thik ho gaya tha. But abhi 4-5 dino se use fir se bar bar fever ata jata hai. Doctor ko dikhaya wo bole baby ka wbc increase ho gaya hai. Abhi treatment chal raha hai. But me ye janna chahti hu ki uska wbc bar bar kyu increase ho jata hai, iska kya reason hai. please koi treatment ho to bataye. please suggest me, me kya karu. Mera baby bahut kamzor ho gaya hai. please sugest me. Answer hindi me de please,
My son is 11 years old , his one by one teeth are falling , he lost almost 4 teeth in last 3 months , is this serious ?
Hello My baby is 1 year 10 months old, I'm giving her homeopathy medicine for molluscum but from yesterday she had bad cough for cough I gave allopathy syrup. Can I continue both medicine homeopathy and allopathy.
My baby is 5 months 20 days old, I want to start solid to her. I want to know how much I should give her in a day at particular time.
I'm 27 year old mother if a nine month old baby girl from Bangalore. Baby has four teeth up and two teeth down, she almost bites me 3 of 5 times when breast feeding, it pains a lot and burns next time when fed. I'm afraid whether she will bite or feed, I tried in quiet room, properly latched her, but same us repeated. Please help me to solve this issue, when I reacted for it, she made a nursing strike for one day, which was more painful than that, please help me.
My 7 month girl is getting fever every 5-6 hours. She is on paracetamol from 3 days. Also she is getting teeth. Does she need antibiotics?
Hi Doctor, My baby boy on 13th completed his 3 month. Last week he suffered from serious issue, in his poo I saw blood so I consulted with my paediatric Dr. he said it's fresh blood and it's because of infection, and he gave him Taxim-O-O syrup for 5 days. But still issue is remain as it is. But blood may comes in every poo it comes in mostly morning poo. 1 or 2 times. Along with that he also have congenital heart disease it's because of that. He is on medication like calcium syrup and tonoferon. It's because of this medication. Is this a serious issue what can I do for this pls help me Dr. His weight is 4.24 n it's low so Dr. gave him simyl MCT OIL.
I have 1 years 9 days baby boy (10 kg) whose growth is delaying still he is unable to sit himself but with our support he can sit. Actually he is a 32 weeks premature baby born with 2.2 kg and was admitted in NICU for 24 days as he was suffering from anemia. For his delaying growth doctor suggested calcimax+ and Rapgrow drop for 2 months .should I use for my baby? Or any side effect.
He is only 9 months old. Few days ago he suffered from fever. But he has now no fever at all. Sometimes his head becomes warm but body temperature remain normal and not exceeds 100 F. I have done his urine test again and findings are as follows: Colour-Straw, Appearance-Clear, Odor-aromatic, Specific Gravity-QNS, Deposits-Nil, Reaction-Ph 6.0, Sugar-Nil, Protein-B.Trace, RBC-Nil, Pus Cells-Nil, Epithelial Cells-0-1/Hpf, Cast-Nil, Crystals-Nil, Yeast Cells-Nil, Others-NAD. So is their any problem in his urine test? Why protein is found B.Trace again. Is it normal or not? please reply.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.