Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja Vadehra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja VadehraYour feedback matters!
Im 21 years old nd not getting my periods from last 3 month I had sex in jan but I got my periods in march. My lower abdomen is tight and bloated most off the time, I have done pregnancy test it was negative. And I do exercise regularly. What should I do to get my periods.
Hello doctor today I did home pregnancy test. When I was testing it shows negative.(less than one minute) But after drying the kit one more faint line is seen in my home pregnancy kit. Is this indicates am pregnant? Please reply asap.
I am not having periods this month. It was late last month too. But this time it s two weeks late. And I hv pain as it s about to happen.
Hi , Meri umar running 30 years. Meri period bauht dinse aa nhi rahi (last five years) maine Dr. Kiya lekin Dr. Medicine jab tak leti hoon tab tak to period month to month ati lekin uske bad vahi problem start hoti hai. Kya mujhe PCOD problems ho sakte hai. Mera thyroid abhi normal hai medicine chalu hai. please help me me mera weight se pershan hai. Ghar par problem bolti hoon to not understand any one. please help me.
Hello doctor. I am getting married in 15 days. I need birth control. So apart from tablets and injection I heard some loop birth control is available how safe it is can I go for it?
Hi, my age is 32. I just miscarried 4 months baby. After miscarriage I have been facing stomach ache due to gas. Before conceiving I never had gastric problem. I have been to doctor and have taken medicines but I don't want to depend on medicine. Please suggest the reason for this and remedy.
Crunchy, juicy, tasty and filled with goodness, fruits are nutrition powerhouses. There are a few statements doing the rounds on the internet that have scared people into believing that fruits can be eaten at certain times only. Let us separate the facts from the myths to put you at ease
- Should fruits be eaten on an empty stomach? The argument that myth mongering articles seem to put out there is that fruits are most beneficial if eaten on an empty stomach. This is partially true. There are no added benefits of eating fruits on an empty stomach per say. Contrary to claims that it can help aid weight loss, this can work if you fill yourself with fruits and hence consume lesser calories via your meal.
- Should fruits not be eaten with other foods? The big myth perpetrated out there is that if you mix fruits with your meals, it will make you bloat. The argument provided is that fruits digest faster than other food and mixing of the two can lead to unwanted side effects as the body has trouble digesting the carbohydrates in fruit when mixed with other foods. This is reality is not true. Think about it. If our stomach is incapable of digesting mixed meals, we would not be able to digest most foods as our meals are generally a combination of nutrients like vegetables, fibre, carbs and protein.
- Should fruits not be eaten after meals? This is a big one floating out there. Fruits are high in sugar content. When eaten after a meal, the sugar feeds the bacteria aiding the fermentation process in the stomach. The stomach produces high concentrations of hydrochloric acid to break down the food. This is a hostile environment that does not let the food stay long enough for bacteria to colonize or reproduce.
- Does eating fruits at the wrong time produce gas in the stomach? In reality, gas is produced by the colon and not the stomach. While certain fruits may cause a reaction resulting in feeling gassy, it has nothing to do with your food content.
- What is the science behind the false alarms: A lot of diets focus not only on what you eat but how you eat it in combination with other food. An Ayurvedic diet, for example, recommends that you eat fruits separately from other foods, especially proteins. Most myths have stemmed out from specific advice given in specific cases which have been generalized to increase the scare factor. According to the British Journal of Nutrition, combing citrus fruits with rice increases the body's absorption of iron. Other studies have shown that combining certain berries with legumes increases the antioxidant property in each food. Compared to traditional desserts like cakes and cookies, fruits instead add nutrition and fiber and fill your sweet tooth craving. So it all depends on what your dietitian advises you.
Fruits can be a great source of nutrition in our daily diet. To know which ones can give you the most benefit, consult a doctor today.