Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja Singhal
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja SinghalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from diabetes, but my Pooja Singhal was able to handle it through herdiet. Pooja Singhal is really like god send person. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in a Shri Mahavir Clinic. On the very first day she identified my problem. The entire Shri Mahavir Clinic is very nicely designed. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Pooja Singhal is the reason.
Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing weight loss treatment was very relaxing. In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my weight loss, but she has helped me immensely. The overall cleanliness in the Shri Mahavir Clinic was amazing. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Pooja Singhal.
One of my colleague referred me to Dr Pooja Singhal. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. she has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. she gave me a treatment to lose weight.
Thanks to Dr Pooja for the underactive thyroid treatment. I am quite benefitted with her treatment. She is really a ptient listener. She asked me number of questions in order to know the problem and then started the treatment. Her treatment helped me in recovery and now I am not facing any such problem.
I was suffering from suger problem due to which I was really very tensed. I prefer to consult a dietician also in order to improve my diet which will be helpful in my sugar treatment. Dr Pooja helped me alot in this. Her guidance and treatment played an important role to improve my condition.
She is one of the best physicians in city. The lab in the Shri Mahavir Clinic was very clean and well managed. One of my cousin's referred to Pooja Singhal. On the very first day she identified my problem. Both Pooja Singhal and staff were very helpful. i took a gain weight treatment.
Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Our family physician personally recommended Dt. Pooja Singhal. Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Pooja Singhal has treated me completely with her weight loss counselling.
I was quite worried about my small penis size. With the ayurvedic treatment I chose to consult a dietician too. I visited Dr Pooja. She gave me a proper diet and with the help of this, I could see the satisfactory results. I am happy that I consulted a dietician too.
I was suffering from Hypocalcaemia for which I chose to consult a Dietician, Dr Pooja Singhal. she is quite knowledgeable in this field and her treatmnet benefitted me to great extent. I owe her a big thank for the treatment.
Dr. Pooja Singhal provides answers that are very helpful. Ok and thanks
Nutrition plays a great role in our daily life. A particular level of any particular nutrition is essential for our body and a healthy life. So its important to know what food we have to take, how much and what type of nutrition contain a particular food.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a good figure without compromising on their diet or going through rigorous exercise and gym sessions. Everyone wants to be in perfect shape. Obesity and the associated health complications are known to all. These days, people are very conscious about their health. They try to maintain a healthy weight as much as possible. From gyms to Zumba, healthy diet to cycling, they try out everything under the sun to shed off the unwanted, stubborn fats. A healthy and fit body has immense health benefits. However, an excess of anything is bad. Maintaining a healthy body weight is good, but achieving it through drastic steps is bad. This article emphasizes on the effects (both good and bad) of weight loss on the overall health.
Health benefits of weight loss:
When you shed off the extra kilos in a healthy way, your body too reacts positively.
- Endorphins are known to be great mood enhancers. They create a positive feeling, a feel-good factor throughout the body. During workouts and exercises, the body releases endorphins. Thus, most people feel good and fresh after a workout.
- Weight loss can work wonders for your sleep. Research suggest that people who lost weight enjoyed a good, sound sleep, compared to their obese counterparts.
- For the body to function properly, it is important to maintain the hormonal balance in the body. Obesity disturbs the hormonal balance in your body. Weight loss plays a pivotal role in restoring the hormonal balance.
- Weight loss gives your sex life a much-needed boost. Weight loss is directly related to an increased level of the testosterone hormone. Increased level of testosterone is known to increase the sexual desire (increased libido).
- Obesity can significantly reduce your brainpower, thereby affecting your overall performance. Weight loss helps you to achieve not only a perfect body but a sharper memory as well. You feel fit both physically and mentally.
- Weight loss also helps to keep stress and anxiety at bay.
- Weight loss helps to lower the incidences of diabetes (Type 2), hypertension, dermatological problems (acne, skin rashes, skin aging), cardiac problems, thyroid problems, and to some extent cancer.
Harmful effects of weight loss:
- Drastic steps to achieve a perfect figure can do you more harm than good. Follow a healthy diet, reduce your carbohydrate intake, but do not starve yourself.
- Weight loss through a very low-calorie diet can interfere with the ability of the gallbladder to contract and release the stored bile (into the duodenum). Eventually, this may elevate the probability of formation of gallstones.
- A very low-calorie diet can rob your diet of the soluble fibers and vitamins (especially vitamin C). A poor diet can make you prone to infections. Your bones will also become weak.
- Rapid weight loss may also result in sagging skin. In some cases, your skin might lose its radiance and natural glow.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Cancer has grown in prevalence and incidence to great heights. It has been estimated that cancer would affect 70% of the global population in the next 25 years. The major reason for this is the changing lifestyles food habits, lack of physical activity, pollution, exposure to toxins, etc.
Lung, stomach, and colorectal cancer is common in both males and females. Breast and cervical cancer in females and prostate and liver cancer in men are the other common conditions. Talking about foods, each item can either have a positive or negative effect. While some foods can be causative, others can help prevent onset and/or delay cancer progress. Read on to know the top five foods to avoid and consume to keep cancer at bay.
Five foods to avoid
- Refined sugars: With refined sugar consumption constantly on the rise, there is a direct correlation between incidence of cancer and sugar consumption. Use of organic honey, maple sugar, and jaggery has a more preventive role in cancer development.
- Canned food products: Whether cans or plastic, canned foods contain bisphenol-A (BPA) which introduces cancerous changes in animals. By using fresh foods and avoiding canned foods, the BPA-induced cancer can be avoided.
- Microwave popcorn: Diacetyl which is used to provide the artificial butter taste in microwave popcorn, coupled with the chemical packaging contributes to lung cancer in a big way. Using the traditional way to make popcorn helps you enjoy the popcorn at the same time avoid cancer.
- Carbonated beverages: Sodas and colas are filled with artificial dyes, flavors, and other bad chemicals which are all bad for health. These diet varieties have aspartame, which is also proven as carcinogenic.
- Refined flour: With pastas and pizzas is the rise of refined flour, which tastes great, but is devoid of all nutritional value. Some of the variants of flours may have chlorine that make them whiter and more appealing. It also pushes sugar levels up rapidly and induces insulin resistance.
Top foods to prevent cancer
- Eat healthy, organic, locally grown foods. They are more likely to be nutritious, have less harmful effects, and also economical. Each meal should have a good portion of fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains and cereals likewise are more beneficial to the health and also have a lesser risk of cancer.
- Include dairy products, dried fruits and nuts, sea food like fish, and poultry in your diet.
- Honey has antibacterial and antifungal properties, and can be used as a substitute for sugar.
- Foods rich in antioxidants help in controlling chronic inflammation help in controlling cancer.
As noted above, foods have both a positive and negative effect on cancer development and growth. A healthy lifestyle with good nutrition and an active lifestyle goes a long way in preventing cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Dry fruits undoubtedly are great energy foods that are loaded with vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins. Anjeer or fig is one of the most popularly used dry fruit, and has multiple benefits. So, it's essential to include this fruit in your diet. Anjeer or fig can be consumed in multiple ways.
First is, by sun drying it and having it raw. You can even store this dried fig throughout the year. People across the country love the milk shake of Kaju Anjeer. For which, you need to soak some figs and add them along with cashews to the milk. Alternatively, you can even roughly cut them and add to your salads. The most delicious way to have figs is by adding them in your desserts. You can also make sweets like barfi and peda (milk sweet) with this healthy ingredient.
Here are 9 health benefits of this super fruit:
- Controls blood pressure and ageing: Figs are rich in potassium, which negates the effect of sodium and helps in controlling blood pressure. They can also help in controlling ageing effects by providing you enough iron, estrogen, etc. This keeps your hormones in check and boosts your energy as well. Figs are also great for skin and hair and nails. Mashed figs applied on the face can prevent acne.
- Helps in weight management: Moderate amount of figs can help in controlling weight. They are rich in fiber, and therefore eating figs is a good way to keep junk and fried foods at bay. When in the mood for a light snack, pick figs and they will make you feel full, at the same time, but in a healthy way.
- Heart healthy food: Figs reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood. Triglycerides are the culprit for inducing heart disease as they are fat particles which accumulate along the blood vessel and cause heart attacks.
- Reduces chances of cancer: Figs are rich in antioxidants and therefore help in controlling release of free radicals and chronic inflammation. The free radicals are the ones responsible for chronic inflammation including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Figs are therefore believed to have a preventive effect on these chronic health conditions.
- Controls blood sugar: The chlorogenic acid present in figs helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetics. Potassium which is found in abundance in figs also plays a good role in control of blood sugar levels.
- Improves bone health: Calcium is the main ingredient required for healthy bones, and figs are a good natural source for this. While dairy products are a good source, they are not alone sufficient, and figs can be a good second-line supplement.
- Aids in constipation: Being rich in fiber, figs are good for intestinal motility and can prevent constipation. The fiber provides roughage, aiding in good bowel movements
- Keeps the reproductive system in check: Figs are rich in minerals like magnesium, zinc, and manganese which contribute to vitality and fertility. Figs can be soaked in milk and consumed or eaten in other forms as mentioned above. So, if you're pregnant or planning a baby, do include this super food in your diet.
- Prevent kidney stones: Boil some figs in water and once cool, this water can be consumed for a few days to prevent kidney stones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Anemia is a disease which occurs due to the lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in your body. The body transports oxygen and the nutrition you get from food, to various body parts through hemoglobin, and a deficiency can cause lower supply of these important elements to the body. Which is why, the patient may feel a lack of energy, dizziness and even exhaustion. Most people don't realize its existence, so it's important that you know the symptoms, causes and cures of this blood disease. And, the foods one should eat to avoid anemia.
- Lack of iron: There are various forms of this illness, and one of it is iron deficiency anemia. The red blood cells in the blood contain hemoglobin, which requires iron for formation. If the diet is not adequately loaded with iron, the person can have iron deficiency anemia. This is the most ordinary one that occurs to people, but with adequate care through food, exercise, and medicines, you can tackle it.
- The root cause: Faulty production of red cells (hereditary conditions like sickle cell anemia, bone marrow disorders, etc. is the common cause of anemia. Excessive destruction of red blood cells, which is not compensated by normal production (spleen disorders, thalassemia, etc.) can be another reason. People with blood loss conditions (ulcers, gastritis, internal bleeding, excessive menstruation, childbirth, etc. and the ones who consume a poor diet can also get this blood disease.
- Know the symptoms: There are essentially nonspecific symptoms of anemia, but overall fatigue with very low energy levels as the body does not receive enough nutrition to perform various functions can be one of them. Reduced heart rate, fainting, and pallor of skin and whites of the eye are common indicators of this illness. Check with your doctor if you face any of these issues.
- Foods for prevention: If you follow a healthy diet that is full of nutrients like iron, you can keep anemia at bay. Remember, weight is not an issue here. If you have a good diet intake, you need not worry about being slim. Often, women who are thin get labeled as anemic, which is far from truth. When it comes to nutrients, iron-rich foods should be eaten along with vitamin C to improve its absorption. Vitamin B12 also plays a significant role in absorption. Meat including red meat, lamb, pork, chicken, beet, ham, turkey, and seafood including salmon or tuna can be included in your diet. Other foods like legumes, soybeans, veggies (dark green leafy vegetables, spinach, peas, broccoli), dried fruits and nuts, tofu, pumpkin and eggs are rich sources of iron that can be consumed by vegetarians. Cereals like red rice, brown rice or fortified cereals with a good source of iron can also be included in the diet.
- Don't miss out on iron, ladies! Women are likely to be anemic (with symptoms like fatigue and paleness) and hence they should constantly monitor for iron levels and shift to a diet rich in iron. Furthermore, iron supplements can be consumed in the form of tablets, syrup, or tablets with the guidance of a doctor. In severe cases, where there is a significant blood loss, especially with childbirth or internal bleeding, the sufferer may require transfusion. All in all, anemia is definitely manageable with planning of diet, especially during times the like menstruation and pregnancy. So, taking care on time is a vital step. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.