Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PoojaYour feedback matters!
My baby is premature 7 month. He was born on 18th july 2015. Baby is very active & growing properly. His weight is 3.5 kg. Baby is in AGRA UP. & I am living in Bangalore. I am planning to shift the baby in Bangalore. I am thinking to travelling by AIR to Bangalore. I having by Train option also. Please suggest which mode of transportation will be good for baby by Air or By Train.
Hi. My baby is 4yrs old. Taking iron[tonoferon] n multivitamin[glutanase] and osto-polibian syrups. I observed often foul smelling stool, color vary from green, dark green n sometimes dull black clay balls noncticky and sometimes sticky stool with normal brown color. I am worried. She doesn't eat food properly. Nor drink milk. Usually poops twice a day. One immediately after lunch. When she was born. Kept in icu for 4 days from 11th day of birth. As her billrubin count was very high and delivary doctor did not paid much attention:(. After 3 days in icu under some lightig treatment. Baby is good. Sometimes I feel some popping sound in he knees when I touch them. Can you please suggest in this regard also.
My girl baby 18 months old walks, runs, sits and gets up comfortably without showing any pain in her knee nor her legs. But the shape of her legs are a little bowed like a little curved From the knee part. And she usually trips over herself as though something is disturbing her while running. And runs with her legs being stiff and not bending also. Most of the time while she sits on her knee, she actually puts both her legs each next to her each thigh in a upside down V shape. She is very active and too sharp as well. But she being a girl, that curved legs of her does not look good. Please find an immediate remedy for me cause I'm afraid that this might turn even more worse. Few suggested me to do some massage, Ive Been doing it quite a while, but there is no improvement. Kindly suggest me the best remedy for this.
My baby is 3 and half months old now and has slight hairfall. Is this normal? What can I do reduce hair fall in my baby?
My 3 year old boy is troubled because of intestines. Sometimes his entanglement gets entangled, never sticks. Because of that I had to perform two operations. Doctors are not telling a solid regime. What should I do so that he has no problem in future?
My child 15 year male suffering from adhd disease he has not control his bathroom in bed at sleeping time every time please suggests to solve this problem he has doing bathroom in every 15 to 20 minute.
My son is 7 years old after 3 days of he had birth aphexia now he is a cp child he can't do any activity is it any treatment for him please guide me.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
My daughter is 15 years old. She is suffer from swelling and pain in a gland in neck below the right side jaw since 15 days. This is not tonsil. please advise.
My 3.5 years old daughter has always been very adamant and impatient. How can I make a positive change in her? Please suggest.
Dear Sir/Madam. I am from Arunachal Pradesh, Kanubari Block. I have a baby girl 11 months and in january she will attain in 1 year. My question is that why she is not sleep as other child as we know that sleeping is very much essential to every child to grow fast. And also she is feeling unfree while doing toilet (piss). Kindly give me some suggestion as there is only one Community Health Centre and no any other hospital in the place.
When babies graduate from liquids to semi-solids, their diet needs to be tasty as well as healthy. This is the time where immunities are built and how well they eat now will largely decide how fit they will be in the years to come. Selecting their diet is crucial. Papaya is one item which is highly recommended in a baby's diet. Here are the reasons why:
1)Eyesight - Papayas are good for eyesight as they have vitamin A. At a stage when your baby is developing his eyesight, a little help from what he eats will do wonders.
2)Blood Generation - Papayas are known to increase blood count.
3)Digestion - Papayas improve digestion. Since babies are mostly in sedentary position, digestion needs assistance. Mashed papayas are a good idea for this.
4)Skin Problems - Papayas control skin ulcers.
5)Brain - Papayas facilitate brain development which is very important for babies.
6)Bones - Papayas are good for bones. Apart from the oil massages and milk intake, this would also add to the benefit.
7)Muscles - Papayas strengthen the muscles as well.
8)Immunity Building - Papayas are a good source of vitamin C and folate. It strengthens your child’s immune system.
9)Intestinal Worms - Infants at times suffer with the problem of parasitic worms in their intestines. Small amounts of dried papaya seeds with honey can be useful in controlling these intestinal worms.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?
He is a 7 months kid and he was suffering from cold continuously for 1 month and got checked by doctor but it is coming again what are the precautions to be taken.
Hello! My son is 5 years old, he was very healthy at his early ages, but now he is becoming very thin. He is suffering from adenoids problem, due to which there is recurrence of cold and cough. Some time he tells pain in his leg also, after playing outdoor games. He is used to ask sweets 10-15 minutes. Please guide me his diet plans, so that I can manage proper nutrition in his food.
My son often gets chest congestion (once in a month). His nose won't be blocked, but mostly cough and then fast breathing within a day. What treatment is safe and suitable? Doctor gives nebulization of Levolin and that really helps and is effective but will it cause any side-effects?
Sugary foods should be consumed in limited quantities as the bacteria in dental plaque changes them into acids.