Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I tested positive for pregnancy with home test kit. However upon blood test the hcg levels were very low only 13. Next day I bleed heavily with dark brown discharge. I thought it to be biochemical pregnancy which git aborted. I even had periods like cramps. However doctor got my beta hcg tested again after two days of bleeding and it has rose to level of 40. Scan is not possible with this level. A week later em still getting a positive result with home urine test. Are there any procedures or test which need to be done. Can I still be pregnant? If yes, is there any fate of such pregnancy with hormone levels of 40 at start of 5th week.
If I had any unprotected sex after 2 days when her periods got over then what is the chances of getting pregnant? I heard that before and after 4 days of periods its safe. What are the things to be taken care of while having unprotected sex if partner has safe health?
I am trying to conceive but it does not work. What are the precautions to be taken for a normal pregnancy?
I have infection on my genital organ. I have suffered for this please help me to solve this problem.
Sir I had undergone bartholin cyst operation one week before. What are the care should be taken now?
I have a small lump on the nipple of my left breast, on the down-left side, roughly for about 2 years. I also have sharp stinging pains in both the breasts, mostly left breast, roughly for about a year and a half. What do I do?
I want to be pregnant, but I don't know about the process that which time is suitable for sex after menses. And there is any medicine for conceive.
I did not like to do sex as I never get pleasure feeling while doing it. It also affects my hubby pleasure. What should I do so that I can also enjoy doing sex.
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain
Hi doctors, as I have discuss with you people of my delay periods every periods 10 days delay and I am planning for a baby as well but this time my periods is delay for 15 days so I checked today morning thinking 5 days are more delay and the result came negative, should I think I am not pregnant or shall I wait for 10 days more. I am feeling very sleepy all the time dono y and my vagina get kind of shock I mean kind of a pain for a mint and again it will b normal and my urine is yellow, why is it so?
Hi my age is 25 and my height is 5'4" and weight 80kgs before the time of periods my body was swelling is there any problem?
I also test my blood sugar but every test like chromosome analysis,karyotype and genetic test but every test normal. I have two cesarean. I want chance to take pregnancy but I want normal delivery it is possible or not. I have one girl baby that is OK. Please give me solution.
I have skipped my periods. My home pregnancy test turned negative. I'm getting small blood clots sometimes. Don't know what's the problem (I'm newly married)
I am a 32 year female from 3 months I have started eating a lot. I eat 6chapatis rice and stuff whatever I get. Then I vomit. I have gain lot of weight. What is going on with me please help.
Hello, I gave birth via c sec ; days back.I get breast milk but irrespective of how much time i give feed he is not satisfied and top feed needs to be given.Please help me?
M 22 years old, unmarried I feel little pain in the upper side of clitoris I used hair remover cream on th public hair when I did fingering for the first tym. Can it be the reason of the pain. Is it harmful to use the cream Please help. What should I do.
Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS
You are at greater risk of developing the following long-term health problems if you have PCOS:
1) Insulin resistance and diabetes
If your blood glucose does not stay normal, this can lead to diabetes. One or two in every ten women with PCOS go on to develop diabetes at some time. If you have PCOS, your risk of developing diabetes is increased further if you:
- Are over 40 years of age
- Have relatives with diabetes
- Developed diabetes during a pregnancy (known as gestational diabetes)
- Are obese (body mass index or BMI over 30).
2) High blood pressure
Women with PCOS tend to have high blood pressure, which may be related to insulin resistance and to being overweight, rather than the PCOS itself. High blood pressure can lead to heart problems and should be treated.
3) Heart disease in later life
Developing heart disease is linked to health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have a high cholesterol level you may be advised to take medication (statins) to reduce the risk of heart problems.
If you have less than three periods in a year), the endometrium (lining of the uterus) can thicken and this may lead to endometrial cancer in a small number of women.There are different ways to protect the lining of the womb using the hormone progesterone. You should visit your doctor if you are having lesser number of periods in a year. She will then prescribe a medicine to help you get the period. PCOS does not increase your chance of breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
5) Depression and mood swings
The symptoms of PCOS may affect how you see yourself and how you think others see you. It can lower your self-esteem.
6) Snoring and daytime drowsiness
PCOS can lead to fatigue or sleepiness during the day. It is also associated with snoring.