Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja Mehta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja MehtaYour feedback matters!
I meet the eye Doctor yesterday he suggest me to operate the eye and change lens of my eye. He suggest me some lenses which are as follows:-1) Acryfold foldable 2) Optima acrylic foldable 3) Optima clear acrylic foldable (Aspheric optics) 4) Ultima foldable 5) a sense1 foldable 6) Ocuva foldable Please suggest which lens are the best for my eye and what is the difference in between them.
I have red eyes for over three days. Also not able see clearly. This is happening for last 3 days. What should I do?
When watching TV using system eyes are red. Any antireflection glasses helpful to over come this problem.
Sir, I am wearing specs of power 3 but my actual power is 3.5 should I change the specs or continue wear low power specs is this harm my eye?
15 Suprising things that your EYES can reveal about your HEALTH
During a comprehensive eye exam, your eye doctor does much more than just determine your prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses. Here is the list things which an experienced eye doctor (Ophthalmologist) can diagnose while examining your eyes:
2. Sjrogen syndrome
3. Vitamin A Deficiency
4. Brain Tumors and other space occupying lesions
5. Trigeminal Neuralgia
6. Wilson's Disease
7. Risk for Diabetes Mellitus
8. Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis
9. Risk of Hypertension
10.Diseases tranferred during pregnancy (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella, etc.)
11. Multiple Sclerosis
12. Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
13. Hereditary Disease (Marphan Syndrome, Homocysteinuria)
14. Bells (Facial Nerve) Palsy
Most of us take our eyes for granted. It has been often noticed that an individual splurges on expensive sunglasses for looking smarter. But, when it comes to the health of eyes, he or she is either ignorant or simply reluctant to do anything. This tendency is bad for the health of your precious eyes.
Remember, how you use them to stare at the screens of your gadgets all day long. Take out some time from your busy schedule and take care of your eyes. They are precious and vulnerable too.
Follow the tips below to keep your eyesight intact till your dying day:
- Eat right for a good vision: It is very important to provide the right and sufficient amounts of nutrients to your body for developing or maintaining a good eye sight. Include nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E in your regular diet to boost your eyesight. Food items like green and leafy vegetables, salmon, tuna, and other oily fish, eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources, oranges and other citrus fruits or juices and oysters and pork are excellent for the eye. The intake of a balanced diet keeps you away from diabetes, which causes blindness.
- Give up smoking: Cigarettes or other tobacco products are bad for your eyes. They make your eyes more vulnerable to diseases like cataracts, optic nerve damage, and macular degeneration.
- Guard your eyes from sunlight: It has been found that long exposure to sunlight leads to damage of the eyeballs. This happens as the UV rays in sunlight have an adverse impact on our eyes. You must put on sunglasses when you are outdoors for a longer period. You must choose sunglasses which give you 90 to 100 percent protection against sunlight. UV rays can cause cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid the screen: It is advisable to not spend long hours sitting in front of the computer screen or TV. Take breaks while working on the computer. Also, remember blinking your eyes while staring at the screen to avoid drying up of the eyes. Blinking increases tear production, keeping the eyes moist and healthy.
- Use safety devices: If you work with hazardous substances, it is advisable that you put on safety devices on your eyes for their protection.
- Hydrate your eyes: In order to have a good vision, you must hydrate your eyes by splashing water on your eyes wide open at specific intervals in a day. When you wash your face after returning from outside, don't forget to wash your eyes as well. As you splash water on the eyes, the dust particles on the surface of the eyelid, gathered from outside, gets washed away.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!