Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoojaYour feedback matters!
Gd eve. Last week our ivf treatment result-negative. But 3 stages is so good 1. Egg retrieval 2. 6-embryos so good for plasosyte-8 division 3. 2-embryos transferred success. Balance 3-embryos- still freezing. But our doctor says embryos not to set in uterus if tamil says (Karu ottala) what we do next pls consider for success next cycle. This week am try to another attempt above embryos freezing. Immediate make attempt in case any side effects in my wife. My wife age is 29. Any advice for this 4th stage what success we do? Pls doctor our family so suffered.
I am hypothyroid since before pregnancy. I am 19 weeks pregnant right now. When I came to know that I am pregnant I was 5 week pregnant. At 7 week pregnancy I checked my thyroid n it came 7.73 so my endocrinologist started me with mon to fri 100 mcg thyronorm and sat sun 200 mcg. After 1 mnth of taking this dose tsh came 0.4 which was normal so I was asked to continue same dose. After 1 mnth when checked it came low 0.1. So my endocrinologist changed dose to mon to sat 100 and only on sunday 200 mcg. Then last week my tsh came high 6.63.Now agn my endocrinologist asking to take same dose as before mon to fri 100 and sat sun 200. My gynaecologist asking me to taking 125 mcg daily. Whom shud I follow now? Gynaec or endo? Wudnt be 125 mcg daily a low dose as I heard that thyronorm is needed more as pregnancy progresses?
Premenstrual syndrome or PMS is a common phenomenon that happens to over 75% of menstruating women. It refers to a set of symptoms that a woman experiences 7 to 10 days within the onset of her monthly period. The symptoms often cause great discomfort to the woman, but disappear soon after the period gets over.
The symptoms include muscle cramps, headache, body ache, nausea, dizziness, fatigue, mood swings and a lot more. This is not a pathogen related disease. It is caused due to hormonal imbalance before the start of menses in women. The level of female hormones i.e. estrogen and progesterone fluctuate inside a woman’s body prior to the menses. They are believed to have an impact on certain chemicals released by the brain. Therefore, women experience these symptoms during this time of their monthly cycle.
You don’t need to depend on strict medication to get rid of these symptoms. They can vanish if you make some changes in your lifestyle. Here are some natural ways to get rid of these symptoms:
- Check your diet: In order to enjoy a healthy period, you need to avoid certain food items. Trans fats and hydrogenated fats can increase these symptoms. Cut down on the sugar content of your meal as high sugar level can give birth to some of these symptoms like mood swings, headache, nausea, etc. It is also important to check the water content in your body. It is advisable to avoid salt as too much water retention can be bad. Too much consumption of caffeine can cause depression and anxiety.
- Go for a holistic and balanced diet: Women must include sufficient amounts of minerals and vitamins in their diet to avoid PMS. Try eating foods that are rich in magnesium such as bananas and leafy green vegetables. Also consume Vitamin A rich foods, mainly yellow and orange vegetables.
- Take up some light exercises: Light aerobic exercises may help you in getting some relief from bloated stomach and pain. But, don’t exert yourself in doing stressful exercises.
- Try some heat: Applying a heat pad can provide relief from muscle cramps and abdominal pain. Heat dilates the blood vessels and improves flow of blood through them. This provides relief from any sort of pain.
- Drink right: It is true that too much retention of water in the body can worsen PMS. But it is advisable that you drink sufficient amount of water during the periods or before it starts. As experts say, water itself can hinder water retention in your body. Besides water, go for herbal drinks like a cup of hot ginger tea. Some herbal drinks can work wonders in preventing PMS.
- Sleep well: Adequate night sleep is a must for menstruating women.
- Oil message: Use lavender oil and cypress oil to avoid muscle cramps and tension. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
I am 20 years old. I had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend and soon after this I took I PILL within 4 hrs and now I am suffering from it's side effects. Tell me how to reduce the side effects. And one of it's side effect is delayed period then how will I confirm myself that I am not pregnant or is there any kind of abortion pill you suggest.
Hello doctor, I am 33 years old and my son is 8 years old but now I am single mother one year hogya husband se alag hue and intimate hue but last few months se mera white discharge hota rehta ha kabhi kabhi jisme smell b hoti ha so please btaye what should I do and q hota ha white discharge? Koi dar vali baat to nhi ha?
Hello, I want to ask you that when we do sex then my wife not enjoyed the sex because of my penis size is big that's why she is too me that it feel me more pain in vagina. I hope you will give you a advice to what to do.
Research suggests that this ayurvedic herb, also called holy basil, may help manage levels of the stress hormone cortisol, helping to boost your mood. Look for teas and supplements in health-food stores and follow package directions.
I want to do sex with my wife without condom. But we don't want baby now. Please advice a safe way to not get pregnant. But we want baby in our future.
Hii I am 24 and today I had seen water discharges from my both nipple after squeezing pls suggest it is normal or serious issue I m relay afraid please help me out.
I have a sever headache, and frequent urination, and sometime I get abdominal pain also. My last period is 23th Jan. I thought that it's symptoms of pregnancy. So check home test. But it's shown as negative.
We had sex twice – first time I used two condoms and second time I used only one. Do you think I should have used two condoms the second time?
She had a cold – is there any possibility of getting HIV that way?
She used an old cloth to clean my penis; could that cause HIV? She performed oral sex on me – is there any possibility of getting HIV?
Please help me. I am very worried. When should I get checked for HIV?
Here we try to answer the concerns expressed in the question in parts:
If two condoms are better than one: In case of condoms the phrase ‘two is better than one’ doesn’t hold true. In fact it’s more dangerous to use two since there’s added friction which can result in them tearing. And yes it’s possible to get HIV (if the aforementioned sex worker has HIV) even while using a condom if there’s a hole which is too minuscule to be visible to the naked eye. Here is all you should know about how not to use a condom.
If common cold could initiate transmission of HIV: HIV can’t be transmitted from one person to another the way the common cold or other flu spread. You can’t get HIV from someone if they have a cough or cold. The only way you can get HIV is through interchange of body fluids which can happen through sexual intercourse, blood transfusion, sharing injections (common among intravenous drug users) or similar methods where the blood or other fluids are transferred
If using an old cloth spread HIV: It’s impossible to get HIV from a cloth, because the virus can’t survive outside the body, it needs a temperature of 37 degree Celsius. Even if the cloth had HIV positive blood it’s a highly unlikely source of transmission.
If oral sex can lead to HIV infection: Yes it’s possible to get HIV through oral sex though the chances of transmission are fairly low.
When to go for a test: To find out when to get tested you can check out this article on testing for HIV. And finally a word of advice, not only are you risking sexually transmitted diseases like HIV but you’re also exploiting someone who’s probably been forced into that lifestyle because of circumstances beyond her control. Doesn’t that make you feel any sort of remorse? And let’s not forget it’s against our country’s laws. So stop visiting prostitutes and get a life. Read to find out if it is possible that we put an end to HIV/AIDS together.