Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pooja
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PoojaYour feedback matters!
I had abortion last year since then I started having pain in lower left side it pains very badly I don't know why this pains this pain is getting harsh feeling sick please help me.
Which is the best time to intercourse/sex to avoid pregnancy, is there any birth control pills? Can you please tell how to use and side effects.
Hi, my last LMP date was 14.04.2018 I had 40 days cycle so next due date 24.05.2018 I missed my periods .then on 29.05.2018 I took pregnancy test is -ve then on 07.06.2018 it was weekly + ve .so Dr. Suggested me folic acid and sustain tab BD .when I got my ultrasound on 19.06.2018 I was 5 weeks pregnant. (i conceived 1 month Late i.e May 18) .on 20.06.18 bleeding started. Slowly.on 21.06.18 I bleeding like having my periods. Dr. Gave me shot of Sustain ask bed rest and conducted Beta HCG test its value 624 after 48 hrs its value reduced to 73.6 on 23.06.18. Why miscarriage happened? What diet should I follow now?
I am 25 year's female, I am in a relationship with my boyfriend from last 5 years. And some time we make sexual relation between each other, but by mistakenly I have got pregnant about 1.5 months right now through my previous relation with my boyfriend. We both are career seekers and can't think about baby on this stage, my family is also too rude to tell. So I want to abort this, please Dr. Help and tell me about some medicine, with help of I abort this pregnancy. Please help me. .
- If speech is delayed, not clear or dysfluent.
- If speech becomes less clear or someone acquires word finding difficulty after any neurogenic condition like stroke etc.
- If voice quality is not as per your age and gender.
- If you have difficulty in swallowing.
- After glossectomy or laryngectomy in condition of cancer related to tongue or larynx.
My wife got her periods last month 23rd. Again today she got periods. This is the first time she got periods with in 15 days. What is reason ? What to be done?
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition. Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Secrets to Orgasm Success - Help for Guys Who Cannot Climax With a Partner
For many people, masturbation and sex go hand-in-hand. They readily (and happily) engage in both acts as part of the full spectrum of the sexual experience. For others, sex and masturbation are mutually exclusive; if one is having sex, why the need to masturbate? While many people are lucky enough to be able to get the job done no matter what route they take, there are a good number of men, and especially women, who can only experience a sexual release through one of these techniques. People who struggle with climaxing typically find that orgasms can be reached during masturbation, but not sex. Individuals who fall into this category may find themselves frustrated with their sex lives, and they may even withdraw from sex, which can lead to relationship problems. In the following sections, some solutions to this problem are offered, as well as tips on how a healthy penis can keep one's sex life on the up-and-up.
Why does my partner orgasm during masturbation, but not sex?
That's simple: they know exactly what they like! Most people's first sexual experiences are of the solo variety, not the partnered kind; this means they learn exactly how to pleasure themselves from the get-go. They often become experts in using the pace, pressure, and technique needed to reach orgasm. When switching to a sexual relationship, things are not always so easy. Though our partners may mean well, let's be honest; they don't always have the best technique. Positions can be awkward and uncomfortable, and if each partner appreciates a different pace or pressure, they may not align sexually, which means one person may consistently fall flat when it comes to the big O.
What are some ways to change our sex life so both partners orgasm?
Talk! Unfortunately, for many couples, talking about sexual likes and dislikes falls under the category of embarrassing. Men and women alike may also be afraid that if they critique their partners, they will be hurt or think they are bad lovers. But the truth is, one can very much enjoy what is happening sexually, but still not reach climax. No one should be afraid to give suggestions and redirect one's partner - especially if a little tweak in the routine can help one to get there more often.
Sex-periment! That's right, if at first one doesn't succeed - try, try again! Try different positions, techniques and even locations to try to spice up the love life; after all, variety is the spice of life!
Does the health of the penis impact one's sex life?
Absolutely. The penis is a man's love organ; if it isn't healthy, how can the sex life be healthy? To keep the penis healthy, a man should focus on improving and maintaining his overall health. Circulation is key to a healthy erection, so a man should stop smoking, minimize alcohol intake, exercise regularly, keep his weight in check and eat a balanced diet to keep the blood pumping down south.Using a daily penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) is also important to the health of the penis. A penis cream containing L-Arginine can help maintain and improve a man's circulation to his love stick - keeping it in full blood supply for a healthier erection.