Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja GuptaYour feedback matters!
My girlfriend used to have menses on 5th of every month but on 12th we had sexual intercourse without condoms and we used preventive method of coitus interrupts. As she already had menses of that month we waited for next month's 3rd for menses to come but till 15th she didn't got menses so she took mifepristone n mifepristone. As someone told that after taking those pills bleeding starts but no such thing happened to her. Pregnancy detection kit shows negative result. She also has polycystic ovarian disorder but menses were regular. Is she pregnant.Please tell.
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar, sexologist
* hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
Hello, I need to know which all food and fruits should me avoided if planning for baby and also what to avoid during 0-8 weeks. Thanks and regards.
I am 27 years old. Got married since 3 yrs. I want to know what is the exact day for ovulation. Because all doctors are saying from 10 to18 days of cycle. But in regular periods what is the exact date I want ti know. My cycle is regular with 26 days. So please tell me the ovulation date.
My wife get pregnant after she get pregnant her hormones get up because before on our wedding night also she was not having interest in sex on wedding I show her porn and then I have sex two times and in morning I said her that I need it again so she was saying no only twice per week but after she got pregnant she is ready everyday everyday I used to say her for sex but she will not allow me to do but now days she is only saying we will have sex her age is 52 and my is 37 she is saying me to do anal sex how shall I do that yesterday I try but I insert my penis into ass but she was getting motion.
How to treat a tear at lower part of vagina which occurs because of sex and cause bleeding whenever we do sex but it is painless.
Hi. I have done IUI this time on 13th day wen I had 20 mm Follicle. On 18 the day. Had Pooja at home. So had climbed steps several times. Will that affect my pregnancy.
It is always advisable to practice safe physical intimacy, which helps avoid many complications including unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Talking of the latter, while some like herpes manifest shortly after contracting the disease, some may take months and years to show up and infections like chlamydia are extremely hard to detect.
So, if you think you could have contracted an STD from someone, be sure to watch out for the following signs and symptoms.
Vaginal or penile discharge: If you are experiencing anything unusual in terms of discharge (color, consistency, or odor change) from your genital organs after unprotected sex, it is always advisable to get it tested. The risk is higher if you are not sure of your partner’s history.
Vaginal or penile itching: This could again be one of the early signs of infection and therefore it will be good to get it checked.
Sores or lesions on the genitals: Whatever the size, shape or color, if you are seeing sores on the genitals, especially after doubtful sexual relations, visit your doctor and have a frank chat.
Vaginal bleeding: If there is abnormal bleeding which is not normal for you, it could be a warning sign of an STD and it is better to get it checked.
Painful sex: Again, if this is abnormal for you, it is time for a checkup. Note that this would usually be combined with one or more of the above symptoms and would not be the only issue you are having.
Testicular pain: Pain in the testicles which is not normal for you could be another indication of an STD. This would not be the only symptom and would be accompanied by other symptoms mentioned above.
Pain in the lower abdomen: Most STDs in men and women also have lower abdominal pain, in the pelvic/scrotal area.
History: If your partner has had a history of STDs in the last one year, then the risk of you developing an STD is quite high. In such cases, it is always advisable to get it tested. This will help clear your doubt plus control the disease at an early stage.
Inability to conceive: Some STDs can cause infertility and so inability to conceive may require ruling out STDs
Manifestation of symptoms: For more severe conditions like HIV, the symptoms manifest after a long time and include general symptoms of immuno suppression like fatigue, tiredness and slowly develop specific symptoms like oral candidiasis and other infections.
When in doubt, do not hesitate to get yourself or your partner tested. There is no reason for embarrassment and avoiding tests in the early days can prove very dear if the disease progresses to advanced stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Progesterone 40 Insulin pp 132.3 glucose plasma fasting 96 Glucose plasma pp 136 Free T4 1.14 Insulin fasting 14.2 TSH 3.54 Prolactin 1.2 HbA 96.7 HbA2 3.3 HBA1c 5.1 Hb 12.4 LH 8.39 FSH 6.86 Estradiol 32.5 AMH 6.89 Age 39, six months marriage conceiving problem. Kindly suggest.
Doing sex with my partner either oral or vaginal or going back. Is it safe doing Intercourse at back (rectal) area?
Nowadays, changing lifestyle, increased stress level, and erratic dietry habits are the leading reasons for altered defecatory symptoms. Bleeding during or after defecation is one of the most common complaint. One should take it seriously, as there are hundreds of reasons behind this. Timely diagnostic intervention to rule out the causes is the foremost requirement, as it could be a simple infection, or piles and can range up to cancer as well. Be proactive than reactive.