Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja DwivediYour feedback matters!
I have 7th month of pregnancy. I am suffering from swelling on feet. So what should I do. please answer. Thanks.
Sugar is the trigger to most of the diseases an adult faces in present times. Sugar is not only harmful for adults, but can pose severe threats to the health of a child as well, if not administered in monitored proportions. But again, sugar is indispensable when it comes to sweetening your drinks and desserts. In order to prevent yourself from the health hazards of sugar, you should know more about its scope and effects.
- Sugar can lead to a fatty liver: Fatty liver is a troubling issue faced by many across the globe. It is wrong to think only alcoholics are subjected to this health condition. People who exercise little and consume huge amounts of fructose are also exposed to the threat of this disease. When a person doesn't do enough to burn up the existing amount of glycogen in his or her liver and take in fructose repeatedly, the liver turns that fructose into fat, impairing one's liver capabilities to a great extent.
- Sugar may make you resistant to Leptin: Leptin is a hormone released by your fat cells. The hormone is particularly necessary as it sends signals to your brain telling it you are full and won't be requiring any more food. Fat people have more number of fat cells and thus additional Leptin too. The Leptin becomes inactive due to the effects of heightened blood triglycerides and insulin, both of which counter its functioning.
- It is addictive and there lies the key to temptation: Sugar is enormously addictive. If you like sweetened products, you will find it hard to resist your cravings for cakes, cookies or chocolates. Sugar accelerates dopamine secretion; this hormone makes a person feel good. Dopamine is the hormone released on the consumption of drugs such as cocaine.
- Calories in sugar are not balanced out with any mineral or vitamin: Because of its lack of nutrient value, sugar is said to have empty calories. Food items rich in sugar tend to make a person lethargic and slackened while depriving them of essential minerals and vitamins. It is therefore, best to not allow children to have pastries, chocolates or puddings in excess.
- Sugar leads to extensive tooth decay: Sugar can accumulate on your teeth if you are having too many sweetened food items. This causes your teeth enamel to wear away, making it more prone to cavities and dental caries.
Infidelity is defined as having an affair, as cheating or as committing actions associated with adultery, while being in a relationship characterized by a stated contract involving emotional or sexual exclusivity. It is also stated as a violation of a couple’s assumed set of relationship norms and rules. This violation may lead to rivalry or sexual jealousy between couples.
Types of Infidelity:
Opportunistic Infidelity: It originates when an individual is in love with his/her partner but has sexual urge for some other individual. This type of infidelity is characterized by irrepressible lust, risk-taking behavior or situational circumstances.
Romantic Infidelity: This kind of infidelity occurs when an individual is at the verge of falling out of love with his/her spouse.
Commemorative Infidelity: It occurs when an individual has completely fallen out of love with his/her partner, but there is still commitment in the relationship.
Obligatory Infidelity: This kind of infidelity arises when a person surrenders himself/herself to someone else’s sexual advancement due to fear of rejection, even though there is a strong attachment to the committed partners.
Conflicted Infidelity: This type of infidelity is being sexually attracted to multiple people while being in a committed relationship.
Men indulge in extramarital affairs when they are sexually unsatisfied. Whereas women get involved in extramarital affairs when they are emotionally unsatisfied.
When a person is able to separate sexual preferences from love, infidelity takes place.
Lack of understanding, lack of communication and sexual incompatibility leads to infidelity.
Marital dissatisfaction is the root cause of adultery in both sexes.
Other factors of infidelity including, being educated, being less religious, more chances to see potential partners, living in an urban area, liberal thinking etc.
How to Overcome Infidelity?
Try not to fall for every whim and fancy; this way you can keep away from an affair.
The person who had an affair must discuss on the affair and what led to it, openly and willingly.
There must be a recovery timetable set by the betrayed person, so as to cope with the trauma of being cheated on.
There must be mutual willingness regarding future commitments and promises.
- There will always be ups and downs in a relationship, in which an affair has taken place, but the couple must be patient and hold on to the relationship as the pathway to recovery is difficult, but not impossible to walk on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am 33 year old and mother of 5 kids. I had slight differences between my breast before first delivery. Yhe problem is after delivery both the breast will be filled with milk. But after10 days or two weeks the small breast will start shrinking and it will have very small amount of milk. The difference in size affects my confidence level too. Can I get this treated feel there is difference in structure of this breast.
I'm a 19 year old girl. My height is 4'11 but I'm not skinny nor fat. My body is perfect. I'm still a virgin. But my partner is not. My partner's height is 6'2 and his fully erected penis is 8.6 inches. We have a huge height gap between us. Can a 4'11 short heighten woman fully take in a 8.6 penis inside her vagina? Won't sex be difficult due to our huge height gap? What are the best sex positions for a 4'11 short heighten woman with a 6'2 tall man? Please advice.
my friend have irregular periods. Her period was on 23rd dec 2014. She has high fsh-88%. Can it be in regular process or by testube. My semen report is ok.
Hi. M 36 weeks pregnant. Had scan in 35th week in which baby was in breech position. What can be done to flip baby to cephalic position? Scared of c- section.
I am a 24 year old female. Planning for a kid and trying to conceive. During the period of conceiving, if I am caught up with cold and cough can I take medicine for getting well.
Dear sir, My wife's last period was on the 19th April last month, we had inter course on the 16th day of her menstrual cycle, that is the 4th of may, unfortunately the condom broke and I ejaculated inside. She is 50 years and still fertile. Immediately within an hour she had an emergency contraceptive i pill, I would like to know, 1. What are the chances of her being pregnant. 2. How soon can we detect pregnancy in a home pregnancy test like velocity or I can, 3. In case she had ovulated, what are chances of fertilization and implantation 4. Keeping the current situation in mind, can she be administered with mensovit plus before the implantation occurs and to avoid implantation, and she could have her periods. 5. In case implantation has occurred, will mensovit plus help in aborting. Today is only the 6th day after sexual intercourse and another 15 days for her next cycle. She is on Thyroxine 100 for thyroid.
What is the reason for the irregular periods. And is there anything to worry if I get an irregular period?
Mera mention period time pr kbi nai aata mai kya kru doctor mai jb tk doctor se concerend nai hoti tb tk her month pe mera period aata hi nai h caahe jitne b din nikl jaaye pls meri help kijiye mai kya kru?
My wife is 25 years old. She had her last period on 2nd February 2016. After one month she did not have her periods so we went for the pregnancy test and it was negative. So she started to take Pearl birth control pills (15) numbers and Norethisterone tablets (6) numbers but her period did not start. Than on 22nd April again done a pregnancy test and it is positive. Now she is 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Will the birth control pills harm our baby? What will be the side effects for the baby and my wife? Please do reply. The doc said it will not harm but we are confused. Please anyone consult me.
We had sex many times before but this time While we got intimate, she was all ok but as soon as I have tried putting my penis in to her vagina, she could not keep it inside as she was crying out of pain. She literally felt painful and this is not the first time we had sex.
I am A 22 years old unmarried female I have had a problem of recurring Urinary Tract Infection but around 4 years back It was so severe that some of the doctors termed it as Pelvic Inflammatory disease which the gynecologist ruled out after performing the Per Rectal. I have had a lot of antibiotics but the situation didn't improve and the Urinary Tract Infection is still continuing also I have a very painful menstrual period which even leads to Vomiting and it won't stop till I don't get a pain killer injection Please help me out. I am also confused if I had Pelvic Inflammatory disease or not. If I didn't have it then why was it shown in the Ultrasound? Could it be due to the white discharge that I get when I have severe Urinary Tract Infection? Also my periods are irregular. Please provide me with a detailed answer.
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.