Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. Almost all doctors suggested surgery for it, but I did not wanted to go for it for my polycystic ovary synDrome. The overall atmosphere in the SCI International hospital is very soothing. On the very first day she identified my problem. It was so quite pleasant in the SCI International hospital. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from polycystic ovary synDrome like this. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.
I was suffering from delay periods. Pooja Choudhary is really like god send person. The complete process of delay periods treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. The overall atmosphere in the SCI International hospital is very soothing. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. Many people gave very positive feedback for therPooja Choudhary. Thanks to herthat the delay periods treatment she gave me has given brilliant results.
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Pooja Choudhary. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. she has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail. I was panicked, because I never thought I will suffer from no periods like this. Everything was just spick and span in the SCI International hospital. I found the SCI International hospital itself quite pleasant.
Thanks to Dr Pooja for the perfect advice as I was not able to conceive. I was quite depressed due to this problem. The doctor gave me perfect guidance and prescription whcih helped me deal with my situation. The complete process of the treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. I must say he is one of a known gynaecologist in the city.
I was having heavy periods from quite some time, and I was worried for this. I consulted Dr Pooja Choudhary. The best thing about her is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. She is the best gynaecologist I consulted till now. She helped me resolve the issue and I am completely fine now.
Dr Pooja Choudhary is a famous gynaecologist in New Delhi. My friend reffered me the doctor beacuse I was suffering from acute cramping in my stomach area. She helped me alot in the recovery. I owe hera big thank for making me fine again. I must say that the way she treats is quite appreaciable.
She is a very practical doctor. Dr Pooja Choudhary has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my irregular periods. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the SCI hospital is so nice.
dr Pooja Choudhary of SCI International hospital in Delhi gave me medication in order to Avoid pregnancy I am happy with the results and i also want to mention that she is very polite and a very nice doctor.
I had a great experience at the time of my abortion with dr Pooja Choudhary at SCI International hospital in Delhi. She kept me well informed about everything. She is a nice gynaecologist.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pooja Choudhary to be knowledgeable, practical, professional, helped me improve my health and very helpful. Nice
She is a very good doctor ... i was comfortable sharing my concerns with her .. a lot better than other gynes i have talked to
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pooja Choudhary to be very helpful. Siphene 50 mg 15 above period datle 30.8.2016
Dr. Pooja Choudhary provides answers that are very helpful. Thanku dr for your valuable information
Dr. Pooja Choudhary provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx
In case you have a diseased uterus, which makes you infertile, you can undergo a procedure known as uterus transplant or uterine transplant to get pregnant. In the process of sexual reproduction, a diseased uterus does not allow embryonic implantation. This factor is referred to as uterine factor infertility or UFI. As a result, you will not be able to get pregnant.
Who requires a uterus transplant?
This procedure involves women who have UFI and women who had their uterus removed by hysterectomy. Women who have a damaged uterus on account of an injury or infection, which does not function anymore, can also undergo a uterus transplant procedure. Women from the age of 21 to 45 are eligible for this procedure. Many women are born without having a uterus. This condition is called Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome.
Uterus transplantation begins with undertaking a uterus retrieval surgery on the uterus donor. The uterus, which is recovered has to be stored and transported to the location of the patient undergoing the transplant. An ischemic tolerance may last over 24 hours. Three major surgeries have to be carried out with the recipient. Firstly, a transplantation surgery is required in which the donor’s uterus gets transplanted. In case pregnancy develops, a Cesarean Section (C-Section) surgery has to be performed. The patient is given immune suppressive therapy. After childbirth, a hysterectomy is done in order to terminate the immune suppressive therapy.
Will the women be able to get pregnant after having sex?
Women receiving a uterus transplant will not be capable of becoming pregnant without undergoing fertility treatments. The transplanted uterus is not connected with the fallopian tubes, which is the location of the normal fertilisation process. The women will require to carry out IVF or in-vitro fertilisation to become pregnant after a uterus transplant. IVF is a process in which the eggs are removed from the ovaries and get fertilised in a laboratory. Then, they are implanted in the uterus. After undergoing the uterus transplant procedure, a woman has to wait for a period of one year. The uterus requires time for healing and after recovery, the embryo may be implanted for pregnancy. After giving birth successfully, a woman will be able to keep the transplanted uterus.
She has the option to get pregnant again. However, after giving birth twice, a hysterectomy must be carried out for the removal of the uterus. This is done so that the woman can stop using the immune suppressant drugs, which are associated with major risks. Uterus transplant is a relatively new technology. In October 2014, the first healthy baby was born to a woman who had undergone a uterus transplant. This surgery is kind of experimental in nature and is usually the last option for getting pregnant. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 23 years old female. Next week I am going out to a sea beach place for 3-4 days and my monthly date is clashing between my trip. I want to be free there so please prescribe me a medicine which I can take to delay my periods to a week or any medicine which can prepare my periods date. As well as the process of taking that medicine.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
Dear sir /mam Meri wife 23 years ki he wo 8 month pregnant he uaki vegina se white sa liquid niklta he Or agar me without condom relation banata hu to mere panis me chale pad jate he 1st month pregnancy se hi yahi problem he Kya koi bata sakta he ki usko koi desease to nahi he.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility
Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant, or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
1. Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
2. They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
3. As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS
There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
1. Ovarian cysts
2. Excessive amounts of male hormones
3. High levels of insulin
4. Fertility problems
5. Weight gain
6. Ovulation and menstrual problems
7. Excess body and facial hair
9. Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly, and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment
The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS.
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded, and can find the symptoms mentioned above, consult a doctor and start the treatment.
We are trying for past two months to get pregnant but still didn't get pregnant already we had two abortions. Very tensioned what can we do?
Most women develop stretch marks during their pregnancy. You can rub some emollient cream in your tummy each day.
For a mother, a miscarriage is the last thing she would want to hear. It can pin her down psychologically, leading to trauma and stress in unfathomable measures. To understand miscarriage better, it is a condition wherein there is a loss of pregnancy within the first 22 weeks of getting pregnant. The primary symptom of a miscarriage is bleeding from the vagina. So if you experience vaginal bleeding during this phase, then consult a doctor for further guidance.
Why do they occur?
There are many reasons as to why a miscarriage may occur and no study has been able to put a finger on any one specific cause. Having said that, miscarriages are mainly caused due to the presence of unusual chromosomes in the baby. Chromosomes are genetic material that directs the growth and development of a baby. Chromosomes present in either excess numbers or less can hinder the development of the baby. If the miscarriage occurs during the second trimester (14th to 26th week), then it can be accrued to a health anomaly in the mother. A miscarriage may also occur because of a weak cervix as a weak cervix will not be able to hold a pregnancy. This condition is called cervical insufficiency and occurs when the woman is in her second trimester.
Is it possible to prevent them?
In most cases, miscarriages cannot be prevented. For women who have suffered multiple miscarriages, multiple medications might be required to help with their subsequent pregnancies. Following a healthy lifestyle is recommended as it can minimize the risk of a miscarriage. One must abstain from smoking and substance abuse and limit consumption of alcohol in order to keep the body in optimal condition. It is advised to maintain optimal weight levels and eat a well-balanced diet.
A miscarriage is a very traumatic experience for a mother to be; it can be emotionally debilitating. That is the reason counseling can help in times such as these. Start planning for a baby only once the symptoms have subsided and you have also had a period post the miscarriage. It is important to make sure that you are physically and emotionally ready to have a baby. Remember, a miscarriage doesn’t mean the end of the world. One can enjoy a fully healthy and a successful pregnancy even after a miscarriage.