Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja BhasinYour feedback matters!
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.
I am feeling like vomiting and my body is totally paining but I am not getting any fever but feeling very weak.
Not in a spine but it's right side of spine, it's pain like poke. Some time it won't but some time it's pain more I can't bend my body.
My father age 75 years suffering from full body joint pain. severe pain in joints all over the body symptoms developed since last two weeks. He is psoriasis patient and taking medicines since last 10-15 years. Weight is loosing rapidly and now has only 52 kg. He was of 75 kgs before some years. He has difficulty in sitting, walking and moving. November mild ischemic brain stroke attack made me worry. I want to ask why he is suffering from body ache and why he is rapidly loosing his weight?
Sir I have some problem body pains how to solve my problem not only me my friends also how to solve.
I am 19 year old female. I've never experienced breathlessness low bp (89/53) and dizziness before that viral fever in february. I also consulted an ENT doctor at that time. He ran an ECG which showed everything normal. But now I feel like extreme weakness and body ache. There is profuse sweating in my palms all the time. After climbing stairs or walking distance I can hardly breathe! Whenever I do some work it feels I am having mild fever. My periods are late and extremely painful this time. I have lost my appetite to a great extent. The doctor gave me nutritional supplements. But I still don't feel good. What's wrong with me and what should I do?
Sir my wife is suffering in renal failure, her latest blood report creatinine label 2.5,and urea label 41, blood pressure is now in normal condition, yesterday I consulted a nephrologist he prescribed ferrous ascourbate&foic acid tabs, alphaketo analogous tabs, moxidine tabs0. 3 mg tabs, now her hemoglobin level in blood is 10.4,now she is stable ,I have seen normal swelling of face only, not have any pain in any body part also, so pls give me any suggestions for lowering creative label &revive this renal failure.
I have more fats on my stomach and my head and body is paining altimeter and feel restless now a days.
What is the symptom of flu. From few days there is laziness and pain in body. Sometimes in night there is fever also.
I had fever with body pain and leg, foot pain past 3 weeks back. But till today my foot is paining. Pain comes when I sit for long time and at the time of wake up from sleep. No fever now but only pain exists. What I need to do?
Shoulder pain while lifting overhead objects might be a result of strenuous activity involving tendons impinging bones of the shoulder. Impingement syndrome is also called swimmer’s syndrome.
What causes it?
It is caused by activities involving tendons and bones of the shoulder, for example strenuous activities, such as swimming, tennis and gym activities involving muscles of the shoulder. Even reaching for overhead objects and painting might aggravate impingement syndrome. If not treated at the right time, the syndrome might become extremely painful as the tendons begin to tear.
General pain in the shoulder is one of the most common symptoms, especially while reaching for overhead objects or using shoulder and arm muscles in general. If it occurs for a prolonged period of time, then it might actually lead to a tendon tearing and leading to a rotator cuff tear. This would overtime lead to decreased ability to use the arm muscles and the bicep muscles might tear as a result of prolonged negligence, despite swimmers syndrome. A doctor would recommend a physical exam and x-ray to rule out possibilities for bone abnormalities and arthritis.
How to prevent and treat it?
Those who have extreme shoulder pain and have been diagnosed with swimmer’s shoulder are referred to a physiotherapist with whom, regular sessions help restore mobility of the affected areas. The physiotherapist recommends the patient numerous stretching exercises to practise, preferably under a hot shower. In addition to physiotherapy, a doctor will prescribe powerful painkillers which have to be administered orally on a regular basis.
These oral painkillers, such as ibuprofen have to be taken under the guidance and prescription of a doctor as they will have a host of side effects such as acidity and should be taken post meals. In case of ineffectiveness of orally administered painkillers, cortisone based injections might be given, but it is a double-edged sword as the effectiveness of these injections decrease over time and it might make the muscles and tendons weak. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.