Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pooja AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My wife 3 months pregnant. Double marker test revealed that t21 is 50: 1. Is it dangerous? Doctor advised to go through a amniocentesis with FISH study? Is the test safe? Is there any other way of diagnosis for down syndrome?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Irregularity with menstrual periods. Commonly, women with PCOD experience less than 9 periods during a year. Some women may have no periods at all, while others experience heavy, abnormal bleeding.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
You should eat heart healthy food which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains and beans. Avoid foods which contain saturated fats and these include fried food, meat and cheese.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
Quit smoking as smoking increases the levels of androgen in your body.
Birth control pills are also prescribed for reducing your symptoms, and fertility medicines are prescribed in case of infertility issues because of PCOD.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.
I am suffering from white discharge sometimes. Whether it is a matter to worry for an unmarried girl at tge age of 26.
I had sex 2 days (took I pills after that) before and today I got my regular period. I am I going to be pregnant or not.
I am 27 year old and I am 2 months pregnant I opted for medical abortion on my own bt taking MT PILL but I am scared of the pain so iis it possible now to go for surgical abortion nd how much will it cost me.
I had to take an ipill sometime in November. After that my periods extended from the regular 5-6 days to 7-8 days. The first day starts with spotting and the last two three days end with spotting. My cycle came back to a gap of 28 days In a months time after the pill was taken. But I chummed twice in the month of May. The first cycle ended on 3rd May and the next began on 19th may. In June I started chumming on the 16th and hoped it would get back to normal. But I have started chumming on the 8th of July which is again a week earlier. I was diagnosed of having PCOD last April but the doctor had said I wouldn't need any medication until I get married or plan to have a child. Only regular exercising was recommended. I have started developing pimples on cheeks since May and they have never come out before. I have been told that these generally come due to hormonal imbalances. What should I do about the irregular cycles and related issues?
Hello Doctor, Mera abhi 5 month ka baby hai mein abhi kuch saalo tak baby nhi chahti or mujhe coper T nhi lagwani please suggest me any medicine with out side effects.
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control pills and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have got a lump in my underarms. It usually comes n goes. It doesn't stay always. I'm in my periods now and I want to get a mammography scan done to check. Kindly advise whether it is preferable to get the scan done in the periods.
Hello Its about my 3 years old son He is suffering from acute ear pain It happens in winters. Aftr a severe pain thr times a whiteish discharge And doctor here says it happensainly wen he catch cold. But this time I have taken immense care that he should not catch cold We travelled through flight. Last sunday. Can it be because of that. I m tensed. He is too small for so many antibiotics. My baby.
This is a very long period problem of 2-3 years .I get fungal infection in my crotch area in every few days. I don't know if there is a permanent solution to it. After bath I usually sprinkle anti bacterial powder but it still happens I take out most care of it by keeping it dry. I have again got the fungal infection. Please recommend me a good powerful tablets and creams for a permanent solution. Thanks in advance.
My wife had delivered a baby girl on first november 2016. Mother and baby -both were alright. Now for past 10 days, my wife has developed a continuous pain in her both forearm and wrist.in day time, it remains less bt in night, the pain becomes intolerable. Yesterday first time, I gave her neurobion forte 10 mg oral tablet and nimicip plus (nimesulide and paracetamol) as pain killer. Bt,it was nt effective at all. Is this a normal pain or post-partum deficiency of calcium? please advise me wat should I do?
This is a painful condition of the elbow affecting children below the age of 5 years. It is caused by a pull on the arm with the forearm in a state of internal rotation. It is not the fall but the prevention of fall that causes the problem. Usually it occurs when the mother pulls the child by arm to put him on the other side while turning in bed. Sometimes when the child has a tendency to fall from the bed he, holds the bed sheet to prevent the fall, the whole body weight gives the momentum to internal rotation at the elbow joint and the upper/lower radio ulnar joint is partly dislocated.
It is a very painful condition the affected limb appears to be paralyzed
It is an orthopaedic emergency and the child should be taken to an orthopaedic surgeon or to the casualty department of a hospital immediately.
The x-ray usually does not show any abnormality.
Reduction of the joint displacement is easy. A cuff and collar sling is usually adequate.
If the condition becomes recurrent, a plaster may have to be applied for 2-3 weeks.
No medicine is required.
A chocolate is usually sufficient to bring a smile on the face of the child and parents.
1. Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
2. Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
3. Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
4. Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
5. Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy.
6. Prevents backache and muscular pain.
7. Contributes to a good appearance.
To achieve good posture you will require the following:
1. Good muscle flexibility
2. Normal motion in the joints
3. Strong postural muscles
4. A balance of muscles on both sides of the spine
5. Awareness of your own posture, plus awareness of proper posture which leads to conscious correction.
With practise, the correct posture for standing, sitting, and lying down you will gradually replace your old posture.
Till how many days after intimacy can a contraceptive pill be consumed to dismiss the chance of pregnancy?
Neha Bhatia tells us about healthy seeds. Seeds are tiny but power packed foods stuff. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Each seed has its own benefit. You can add them in food, salads, trail mixes, or just garnish desserts with it. You must have noticed, these days lot of processed foods have seeds added to them for example multigrain bread, chikki, chivdas etc to add on the nutritional and fiber value of these foods. Let’s talk about the health benefits of some seeds
1. Sunflower seeds:
It is rich in vitamin E which is a powerful antioxidant. It prevents the heart and skin from damage by free radicals thereby preventing heart attacks and strokes
It is a great source of magnesium which reduces asthma and blood pressure and also acts as a muscle relaxant.
Due to its high fiber and physterol(cholesterol identical compound in plants) it reduces bad cholesterol.
Filled with folate which is responsible for synthesis of DNA and RNA. If taken by pregnant women, it can prevent neural tube defects in the baby.
They have anti inflammatory properties and reduce the pain in arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
Excellent source of selenium- a powerful antioxidant which prevents the risk ofcancers like breast, stomach, prostrate etc in humans.
Very high in fiber which helps prevent constipation and acts as a natural laxative.
Rich in omega 3 fatty acids hence a valuable source for vegetarians. It helps to reduce blood pressure and many other inflammatory problems in the body.
Rich in lignans and omega 3 fatty acids which reduce cholesterol and prevent heart problems by unclogging arteries.
Due to its high fiber, it helps to control blood sugar levels and keep diabetes under check. 2 tbsp of flaxseeds/ day in powdered form is great and can be added to soups, salads, veggies, buttermilk, curd etc.
It had an ability to regulate estrogen in the body and hence prevents breast cancers in women and pre menstrual syndrome (PMS).
It may also prevent prostate cancer and prostate enlargement in men.
Additionally it helps in improving the quality of nails, skin and hair.
3. Pumpkin seeds:
It is rich in tryptophan which can reduce depression.
Rich in iron hence prevents anemia and improves energy
Due to its high content of magnesium, it improves concentration and brain function in children.
It improves prostate health in men.
Manganese in pumpkin seeds help antioxidants work better hence reduce chances of infectious diseases.
They are rich in MUFA hence reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol.
It is rich in zinc which helps to prevent osteoporosis especially in men.