Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ponam MishraYour feedback matters!
I will restrict myself to heterosexual functioning e. G impotence and frigidity.
Sexual disability in men may take various forms-1) absence of sexual desire for the sexual partner or absence of libido in general;
2) inability to procure erection
3) inability to sustain erection
4 inability to ejaculate in spite of well sustained erection;
5) premature ejaculation.
1) mostly psychogenic, anxiety for performance failure and haste;
2) uncontrolled diabetes;
3) some blood pressure lowering drugs
4) psychiatric treatment
Anxiety due any cause, masturbation anxiety is possibly quite a common factor, but any form of anxiety or depression can cause impotence.
Some men subconsciously identify their sexual partner with their mother or sister and incest taboo asserts itself and they are impotent with their wives but may be potent with other sexual partners.
Other men associate the sex act with aggression and violence.
Ejaculatory impotence is much rarer.
Another type is the professional man" s impotence. They simply burn out due to their work load and odd working hours.
Disturbances in women may be-
2) vaginismus (involuntary spasm of vaginal muscles, always psychogenic)
Frigidity is lack of sexual feeling in women and may vary from
An intense feeling of revulsion to any sexual advance to varying sexual arousal without orgasm.
1) anatomical defects;
2) physiological deficiency in endocrine glands;
3) lacked sexual instructions from parents
4) husband" s ignorance of sex technique
5) painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
6) physiological during lactation
7) psychological-fears of pregnancy, inadequate stimulation, premature ejaculation, depression and anxiety.
Both drug and non drug therapies are available, strictly under
Suitable age group 20 to 60 yrs.
Contraindications-heart, liver, kidney disorders
Hello sir my name is umar I got married 1 year ago but my wife had problem regarding irregular with PCOD.
I am not getting my periods regularly due to pcod. I have already used tablets course for 6 months but there is no change. What should I do? Please help me.
1. Eggs are considered a great option to increase sperm count, as well as improve their motility. High in vitamin e and full of protein, eating eggs protect sperm cells from the free radicals that can decrease your count. These nutrients assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm, which is important to fertility.
2. Spinach folic acid is vital to the development of healthy sperm. Spinach and other types of leafy green vegetables are a rich source of this vitamin. When your folate levels are low, there is a greater chance you will produce malformed sperm. This will lead to sperm that will have a hard time reaching the egg and penetrating its protective barrier. Also, there is a greater chance of birth defects because of the faulty sperms chromosomal abnormalities.
3. Bananas are full of vitamin a, b1 and c, which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase your sperm productivity. This tropical fruit also contains a rare enzyme called bromelain. This is a natural anti-inflammatory enzyme which also boosts sperm count and motility.
4. Dark chocolate dark chocolate is often associated with lust filled rendezvous. Strawberries dipped in chocolate next to a glass of champagne on a bedside table greet many a guest during their honeymoon. What you probably didn't know is dark chocolate is great for your sperm count as well. It contains an amino acid called l-arginine hcl known to increase semen volume and sperm count. It has also been rumored to increase orgasm intensity.
5. Asparagus another food to increase sperm count is the green vegetable called asparagus. Super high in vitamin c, it has a wide range of positive effects on your sperm. It protects the cells of your testicles and fights free radicals, allowing for greater sperm production of healthy swimmers.
6. Broccoli besides asparagus, another green vegetable full of folic acid is broccoli. Folic acid, also known as vitamin b9, is already known to help women conceive and is now becoming more recognized as important in male fertility. In one study, men taking a daily dose increased their sperm count by as much as 70%.
7. Pomegranatesthis delicious fruit is known as a powerful food to increase sperm count and improve semen quality. It is full of antioxidants that fight free radicals in the blood stream. Unchecked, they can destroy semen and significantly decrease your sperm count. The juice of pomegranates has been recorded throughout history as being used as a fertility booster.
8. Walnuts are full of omega-3 fatty acids that help boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testicles. It is also full of arginine, known to increase semen volume. It contains twice as much antioxidants than another nuts, helping you fight toxins in your blood stream
9. Garlic is known around the world as a food good for boosting immunity. Among its many properties are vitamin b6 and selenium, both of which play roles in healthy sperm production. Taken by many for its blood cleansing abilities, garlic prevents buildup in arteries and allows for better blood flow to your testicles.
10. Zinc rich foods rich in zinc include barley, red meat, beans, etc. Zinc plays a vital role in sperm development. The mineral is found in high concentrations in testicles during the production of healthy, strong semen. So important is zinc, deficiencies of the mineral has been blamed for low sperm motility. It is important to note you can have too much zinc so it is imperative to regulate your intake to about 15 mg per day.
Sir/mam On16/10/2016 I have done sex with my boyfriend without using condom but after that I took Ipill tablet. Then on 24/10/2016 as usual I have got my periods. Now on 9/11/2016 I did sex again with using condom, and then after some hours there is bleeding .Some red blood are coming out till now Is that any problem or I got pregnant? please suggest sir/mam.
I have pcos. But without any medication I recover from it by weight loss diet. I have no symptom of it even when it was detected not even now. My hormonal levels are normal. Periods are normal. My que is is still there are chances of infertility or to worry about?
Hello Doctor, I'm 44 years old and got married 2 years back. my hubby is younger to me. We want kids. I have no gync problem I consulted a doc she gave me some folic acids and checked me internally all was well she said but still could not get pregnant also I tried all fertility days. I use gel cause I am very dry. and I don't enjoy sex everyday. Can you suggest some medicine for me. Also I am in usa now. And some medicine called conceivesafe you get over the counter. Please advise for them. Cause I'm not sure of the Docs here. So please if you could help me.
My wife has got PCOS & after her sonography we found her ovaries are bulky & small cysts as well. Can you please suggest what we can do to cure this & have a healthy pregnancy?
My wife age 27 she is pregnant but child was not growing & abortion was done by doctor. After 4mnth of abortion we tried again but she was not getting pregnant. Follicular study was done. After ovary size 40 mm HCG 10000 Injection given by doctor but egg not rupture & size was increase around 55-60 mm it become in form of cyst. Please reply why she was not getting pregnant.
Metabolic syndrome: Causes and symptoms
Metabolic syndrome refers to a group of conditions that occur together and increase your chances of developing stroke, diabetes, and heart problems. This set of conditions includes high blood sugar, abnormal levels of cholesterol, abdominal fat, and high blood pressure. More importantly, having just any one of these conditions doesn't mean that you suffer from this problem.
What really brings about this condition?
Experts are still not sure as to what causes the development of this condition; the causes and risk factors can be manifold.
Some of the causes can be,
1. Insulin resistance - A hormone produced by the pancreas in your body, insulin plays the vital role of helping your body to use the glucose as fuel. The problem of insulin resistance causes your body to produce more of this hormone so as to tackle the rising glucose levels in your body. Closely connected to excess belly fat, it causes the development of diabetes.
2. Overweight or obesity - Instances of obesity can also cause you to develop metabolic syndrome. More specifically, abdominal obesity can see your prospect increasingly significantly. It can bring about problems like insulin resistance and other associated conditions.
3. Abnormal hormone levels - Even the behavior of hormones can affect your chances of developing this health condition. For example, the hormonal disorder like PCOS can cause metabolic syndrome.
4. Unhealthy lifestyle - Having too much of processed foods without an adequate amount of physical activity can increase your prospects of developing metabolic syndrome. Eating a heart-healthy diet, which is rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fish can help to curb this problem.
How to identify this health condition?
When it comes to symptoms, this group of disorders doesn't reveal any specific signs but symptoms associated with individual health conditions that make up this group. You can come across signs like an increased waistline, or symptoms associated with diabetes like increased urination, a thirsty feeling, blurred vision, and fatigue.
Nonetheless, you're said to suffer from this problem if you exhibit these characteristics:
- Abdominal obesity marked by waist size of over 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women
- Triglyceride levels of 150 and above
- Blood pressure levels of 130/85 and above
- Fasting blood sugar measuring 110 and above
- Good cholesterol levels less than 50 in women and 40 in men