Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Pn GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am mukesh kumar singh I am not able to sleep since last two nights kindly help me out because of this I am not able to study.
I have fever it comes goes and comes if it comes it will be for 6 to 7 days and it goes and after a month it comes what should I do ?
I had a heart attack two years back and have two stents on. Of late I have become very moody and depressed. I am a retired person, 66 years of age and have no useful work to do. Kindly offer your advice and medicine if any. Thanks and best regards.
My penis is too weak due to excessive nightfall, now it got shrunk and bunch of circular acnes on the top of it. What should I do?
I am suffering from stomachache from last 2 days. I think it is due to GI disturbance. Can you suggest me any oral medicines.
Am 30 years ,I had migraine 6 days in my right side it's from 2 years it coming once in every month ,please tell reason and what to do.
What is the treatment for nocturnal emissions (if it occur in excess) does it harm or any health related issues? Please give advice on this. Thank you.
I have a very high fever since three days, also I have cough in throat, also I have allergy problems with some smells and cold, I am feeling tired also, what should I do?
Is it healthy to have sex every night? What is the main difference between masturbating and having sex?
Does a person will get AIDS if he is blow jobbed by a transgender by wearing condom in his penis.Please tell.
Hiiii sir I'm 19 years old sir. and I wanna ask how is aids happens or how it transmitted. After how much time does it. Shows its symptoms. And which are the basic symptoms which occurs firstly. Plz tell me in detail. Plz sir
I am 60 years old. 5 years before I got sugar problem. Presently I am taking piokind 15 mg one tablet at night and piokind m15 one tablet at morning. Fasting sugat 104 and after food (2hrs) 202 is it required to take insuline injection?
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.