Hi, I am Dr PK Talwar. I am a cosmetic surgeon previously at Apollo Hospital, Max Hospital. And currently, I am working in Fortis Hospital, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
- First is through medication. To take medicines whatever are prescribed by a dermatologist and try to delay the process. Suppose after taking all the medications, PRP therapy, you lost your hair significantly, then the treatment is Hair transplant.
- Hair transplant is the second procedure for hair growth. In this treatment, we take the hair from behind the neck and put them on the balded area. In hair transplant also there are two techniques.
1) One is the strip technique in which the strip of hair is taken from the back of the head and then the follicles are put inside the balded area. In this technique, the scars are left.
2) Second is the Follicle unit extraction which is the latest technique all over the world. In this technique, each single graft is plucked by using the motorised equipment. Each graft consists of 1-2-3-4 follicles. The grafts are plucked from behind and the small holes type are created in the balded area where the same grafts are implanted. The process usually takes 8-10 hours. And the hair which we implant starts to grow after 3-4 months after the procedure. And the full growth may take around 8-9 months. But within 6 months you will find your head full of hair and you will be able to see the drastic changes in your hair growth. The full hair length will some time.
The next question which is frequently asked by the patients is that this implanted hair may also fall. So I would like to answer that this hair usually does not fall. As this is a male pattern baldness which is hormone dependent. The male pattern baldness is the hair loss from the crown area. But we transplant the hair from the back of the head or any other body area where occurs minimum hair loss. If the hair from the back of the head is not available then we take the grafts from the beared, chest, back or anywhere from the body. As the hair from these body parts is not dependent on hormones. So we have not seen any such case of hair loss after this transplantation. It will not last a lifetime but it will last for a quite long time. Throughout the youth, there should not be any problem.
Secondary thing is that usually, patients ask if there is any need to take a medication during the period. The medications are not required to be taken throughout the life but take antibiotics for few days and some medications like mentop or any such things which are usually taken for a year or 2 years. And after that, your hair will be as normal as they were before and you will forget everything. And you will live a normal life as you have overcome from the problem.
If you need any solution or suggestion for such problems, you can contact me through Lybarte for online consultation or book an appointment. Or you can take a direct appointment at my clinic which is in E34, Greater Kailash, New Delhi.
Thank you very much.read more
Hi, I am Dr PK Talwar, a cosmetic surgeon previously at Apollo Hospital and Max group of Hospital, New Delhi. And presently I am attached to Fortis Hospital, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
Today I will speak about the laser Cosmetic Surgery. We take pride that we are the 1st in India to start Laser Hair removal treatment in the year of 2000. That time, none of the beauty clinics were in existence. Since then, after starting laser hair removal, we have started laser for pigmentation, laser for red birth marks and there are other laser treatment also like fractional carbon dioxide laser. Recently we added Hypho also, the system for skin tightening without any surgery. So these things are basically non-surgical things.
Now, laser hair removal which I started in 1999-2000. Perhaps I and one of my other friend have started this laser hair removal which gave an excellent response. And now it has become a gold standard treatment.
Most of the population, especially the females are blessed to have this treatment to get rid of hairs permanently. Other laser treatments are Pulsed dye laser. I get to see many patients with red birth marks on their face and till now there is no treatment for this, whether in America or any other country. The only treatment available is Pulse Dye laser.
Even I feel very good, we are blessed to have very good machines from Cynosure i.e, Cynosure photogenica v-star which gives excellent results. We can assure that the results are very good after 10 sittings.
The only problem with the Laer treatment is multiple sittings. Every month you have to come, and usually, 8-10 sittings are required.
Now the pigmentation laser, I would like to mention one case here as an example. A few years back when I got this laser, one young lady came to me. Her age was about 30 years and very beautiful but she has a big black patch on one side of her face due to which she was divorced. So I told her that I have a new treatment for you which might help. After 10 sittings, the patch was almost cleared, it was 95% faded. The only regret she has was that if she could get this treatment earlier then the divorce procedure might not have done. That patient is still in touch with me for other cosmetic treatments.
So the thing is that if you want to get rid of any acne scar or pigmentation or any blemishes, you consult your doctor or you can consult me as well through Lybrate for the online consultation, appointments etc. Also you can come to my clinic directly which is in E34, Greater Kailash, Delhi.
Thank you so much.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pk Talwar
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pk TalwarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was suffering from baldness due to which I was quite depressed. I consulted dr PK Talwar. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. A friend of mine referred to Dr Pk Talwar. The overall atmosphere in the Fortis C-Doc Hospital is very soothing. I was quite concerned, as my condition was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Pk Talwar and the hair transplant I didn't lose hope. The waiting area in the Fortis C-Doc Hospital is very comfortable for elderly patients. The hair transplant has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Pk Talwar has expert knowledge in the field.
I am amazed that Dr P K Talwar is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. She is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss . Both Pk Talwar and staff were very helpful. My problem was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Pk Talwar has treated my completely. I am so much benefitted with her hair loss treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
From quite some time i was suffering from it, but never gave much importance to it. With the help of her treatment for pigmentation I am feeling so great. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Fortis Hospital. I saw Dr Talwar clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. She ensures that She listens to her patients. The best thing about her is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines.
I remember, I read an article of Dr Talwar in the paper and made contact. She is a very practical doctor. She did my pimples treatment. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Fortis Hospital is so nice. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to her and the pimples treatment I didn't lose hope. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best.
I consulted Dr. Pk Talwar for breast reduction Surgery. She has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Even after my treatmentwith my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Pk Talwar has treated my completely. Many people gave very positive feedback for the Pk Talwar. the overall atmosphere in the Fortis C-Doc Hospital is very soothing. her treatment suited me the best and now I am fine.
Dr Talwar is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my severe problem of pimples. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. I was suffering from for such a long time.
The facilities available in the Fortis Hospital are very nice. Dr PK Talwar definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I was diagnosed with hair loss. I am benefitted with her treatment and I owe her a big thank for treating my hairloss issue.
My brother wanted male breast treatment for which I took her to Dr PK Talwar. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. Pk Talwar has a broad knowledge in Plastic surgery. The atmosphere in the Fortis Hospital is always so positive and full of life.
Due to my lifestyle I had many acne and after some remedies I was left with acne scars on my body. I did not know what to do until I went to dr Pk Talwar at Fortis C-Doc Hospital in Delhi. She treated me with her best skills and patience.
dr Pk Talwar is one of the best dermatologists you can ever find. I visited her at Fortis C-Doc Hospital in Delhi. She is a very polite and learned doctor.
Very good experience with doctor he has advanced machine which gives good result
It was great experience with Dr pk talwar he is well known cosmetic surgeon
Liposuction can be defined as a cosmetic procedure (shape altering technique) that helps you to get of excess rid of fat from the body. This procedure is opted for usually when all efforts of exercising and dieting have gone futile.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Laser liposuction is a method that is employed to shed off fat from various parts of the body such as face, buttocks, thighs, belly and hips through a very small (3 mm) surgical incision. A laser fiber of less than 1 mm is passed thro’ this incision to break up the fat. The laser liquefies the fat and it is then collected in a bottle outside. During the laser liposuction procedure, the skin gets tightened as well with the simultaneous elimination of the fat. This process negates any chance of loss of shape, loose skin or a protruding belly.
In what areas of the body can laser liposuction be used?
1. Arm Sculpting and Reduction: Women are more prone to putting on fat in the upper arm that also causes shoulder and neck pain. Even otherwise, a fatty underarm makes for an unflattering sight, especially because one cannot go sleeveless freely. This is where arm liposuction comes to the rescue.
2. Thighs: Fat deposits in the thighs interfere with the natural lines of the lower body and one may find it utterly embarrassing to plod with the inner thighs rubbing against each other. Ill-fitting pants and jeans further add to your irritation and discomfort.
3. Buttocks: Liposuction helps in removing excess accumulated fat from the waist line and buttocks and renders a good tone to your body, in keeping with your body frame.
5. Tummy Tuck: Abdominoplasty or ‘tummy tuck’ surgery helps to do away with the extra skin or fat from the lower abdominal area and works to tighten up the loose muscles especially after a pregnancy and excessive weight loss.
What are the Advantages of Laser Liposuction?
1. A quick solution to a long-term ‘fat’ problem.
2. A day procedure, which means that there is no hospitalization or downtime.
3. Assured results that are permanent and superior in nature compared to invasive surgical techniques.
4. Even PATIENTS WHO ARE UNFIT FOR GENERAL ANAESTHESIA can undergo laser liposuction (e.g., senior citizens).
5. Diabetic patients can also undergo laser liposuction as the procedure lowers blood sugar levels.
6. The final appearance is highly aesthetic considering that there are no uneven blobs of fat.
7. Zero trauma to tissues.
8. No blood transfusion is necessary.
9. Only a 3 mm incision is used and it is not even visible.
10. Skin tightens by itself simultaneously as the procedure is being carried out. Hence no sagging or loose skin and the belly button is not displaced, thereby giving an adverse appearance as with normal surgery.
11. No sutures, no ugly scars!
Breast augmentation is known to be popular among women and is frequently done and shows quite satisfying results.
Breast augmentation can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, enlarging your breasts and making them more proportional with the rest of your body. Breast augmentation can also be used to correct differences in the size of your breasts or sagging breasts, which can occur after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Getting the right size: choosing the right size for breast augmentation is very important. It's wrong to believe that bigger implants are not always good. The size of implant should be decided after proper assessment of the breasts. In general, size selection is made based on your natural breast size. Whether you opt for a saline implant or a silicone one, implants come in varied sizes ranging from 120 cc to 500 cc. When you choose a size for yourself, you'll have to keep in mind your body frame as well as appearance you wish to have post surgery.
- Incision options: depending on the results you expect, you'll also need to consider which incision (a surgical cut made in your skin before the operation) option you should select before undergoing surgery. Incisions can range anywhere from 1-4 inches, with their lengths increasing as the implants expand in size. There are also certain incisions, such as the belly button incisions that are really small and don't leave behind visible scar tissue.Apart from belly button incision, some of the other incision options that a surgeon may employ for breast augmentation could be:- armpit incision (incision made in the underarm area for breast implantation through the armpit)- nipple incision (incision made on the areola, which is the circular area of pigmented skin surrounding a nipple)- crease incision (incision made in the crease area below the breast for implantation).
- Picking silicone or saline implants: when it comes to implants, you have two options available - saline or silicone. Providing a uniform shape and firmness, saline implants come filled with sterile salt water. In contrast, silicone breast implants contain elastic gel, giving them the look of natural breasts. In terms of elasticity, saline implants can be adjusted more easily as you can inject or remove liquid from the implant. In contrast, silicone implants cannot be adjusted as they are already filled with the gel.
- Following the surgery, it is important to have restricted light activities, with no lifting or heavy duties for 7-10 days. Most patients may drive again and return to work within 7 days after the surgery. Heavy activities and sport should not be undertaken for 3-4 weeks following the surgery.
- Breast augmentation surgery requires a general anaesthetic, with the operation taking 1-2 hours, and is usually performed as a day-stay or overnight-stay procedure.Implants are placed either behind the breast tissue or under the pectoralis muscle on the chest wall. Breast implants placed underneath the muscle have a more natural shape, a lower chance of capsular contracture (hardening) of the implant, and it is easier for mammography.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia or pattern baldness is a condition that affects both men and women. Surgical hair transplantation is the only solution for restoring the lost hair in pattern baldness when medical hair restoration does not offer you a good hair re-growth.
If you have well-defined and clearly established areas or patterns of baldness on the crown with healthy dense coverage of hair at the sides and the back of the head, you are probably suitable for a hair transplant surgery. Hair that is transplanted in the frontal region of the skull generally offers the best results. However, a hair transplant procedure can also be carried out on any other area of your head if you have some bald patch there.
It is best to have detailed information about the hair transplant procedure before you make plans to undergo a surgery. It is only after you have read through all the information that you can understand and appreciate the significance of surgical hair restoration. The information will also help you decide whether you are the right candidate for the hair transplant surgery. Receiving a hair transplant can improve your appearance and self-confidence.
Good candidates for a hair transplant include:
men with male-pattern baldness
women with thinning hair
anyone who has lost some hair from a burn or scalp injury
Hair replacement isn’t a good option for:
women with a wide-spread pattern of hair loss throughout the scalp
people who don’t have enough “donor” hair sites from which to remove hair for transplant
people who form keloid scars (thick, fibrous scars) after injury or surgery
people whose hair loss is due to medication like chemotherapy
The Two Types of Procedures-
It's worth noting that there are new surgical techniques involved in hair transplants:
- FUE - Follicular Unit Extraction: The hairs are individually extracted from the back of the head and re-planted across the area. This is a lengthy, pain-staking process but the result is minimal scarring and a very natural-looking hairline.
- FUT - Follicular Unit Transplantation: This technique involves taking a larger area or 'strip' of hair from the back of the head, dividing it into smaller units and then re-planting those units in the desired area of hair loss. Scarring can be slightly more conspicuous at the back of the head as a larger area has been removed but an expert surgeon will minimise incision marks to ensure rapid healing.
Hair transplants do, of course, utilise your own natural hair and re-growth can be expected within 4 weeks of surgery. Great care must be taken during your recovery period to protect the newly-transplanted hair. However, once it is deemed safe to resume normal activities, the results can be life-transforming. A successful hair transplant is permanent and can restore confidence and self-esteem.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A head full of hair is called a crowning glory and not only improves the looks and appearance of the person, but also adds to the person's image and self-esteem and confidence. With hair loss, the psychological effect is felt very strongly and can even lead to depression. Both men and women are equally affected by hair loss or balding, and can be treated with hair transplant.
It is a surgical procedure wherein hair follicles are removed from one site that has normal hair growth (donor site) and placed on the bald patch with no or thin hair (recipient site). While the back of the head is the most common donor site, sometimes even the torso, trunk, and legs can be a good source. Hair is believed to grow in groups of follicles, so transplants are also done as follicular units.
Hair transplant usually differs in the way that the hair follicles are removed from the donor site. This can be done in two ways as outlined below.
Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS): In this procedure, the donor site with a thick hair growth is identified and strips of tissue of about 1 x 15 cm are removed along with hair follicles. Under a microscope, excess fiber and fatty tissue in this strip is removed. The recipient site is prepared by creating small punctures at regular intervals into which the hair follicles are placed at appropriate angles, taking care to give a realistic look. The donor site will have minor injuries which will heal with the new hair growing into it. The donor site will take about 2 weeks for the uptake of the follicles.
In follicular unit extraction (FUE), small punches are made at the donor site to remove tissues of 0.6 to 1 mm, which will contain hair follicles. These are placed into the recipient site at predetermined spacing and angles to produce a realistic appearance. This technique produces a more natural appearance and also fewer scars on the donor site. It takes longer than the strip surgery though.
The success of hair transplant depends on the postoperative care. The doctor will give a set of instructions for hair wash and hair care which need to be followed strictly. In the first 10 days after transplant, the patient will experience a 'shock loss' where almost all of the new hair follicles will fall out leading to hair thinning. New hair growth in this area will be seen over the next 2 to 3 months. Itching and minor swelling will subside on their own.
With good follow-up care, hair transplant can be a boon to people who have baldness and can provide a big boost to self-esteem and confidence.
How Facelift and Thread lift help improve your appearance?
How Lasers help remove Birthmarks?
Sometimes, even a strict diet and strenuous exercise doesn't give you the body shape you dream of. In such cases, liposuction can be the answer to the problem of excess fat you are facing. Liposuction is a surgical procedure of removing stubborn fat bulges from the body. Age is not a major consideration with liposuction as long as your skin is firm and elastic. Else, your skin may begin to sag in places where the fat has been removed. It is important to note that liposuction does not remove cellulite but only removes fat. Thus, for people with cellulite, liposuction may not give them the results they desire.
If you're thinking of undergoing liposuction, do not expect the procedure to give you a supermodel's figure. Be realistic in your expectations. Here are a few other things to keep in mind.
- Liposuction does not show instant results: Recovery from a liposuction surgery is quick and you may be back to your normal routine within a few weeks. However, the treated area may still look swollen. This can take two to three months to subside. Hence work backwards and time your surgery with regard to major life events.
- The results are long lasting: Undergoing liposuction surgery does not mean that you will not be overweight again, but it means that fat will not collect in the areas that have been treated. If you do gain weight, the fat will be redistributed to other areas.
- Smoking and alcohol must be avoided: Smoking and alcohol both inhibit healing. It also increases your risk of complications during the surgery. Stop drinking and smoking at least three weeks prior to your surgery, and avoid it until your body has healed completely.
- Can be beneficial for many parts of the body: Liposuction can be performed on many areas of the body. The thighs, abdomen, breasts and buttocks are common areas where this surgery is performed. Other areas are the back, face and neck. Like any other surgery, liposuction has its risks. While some risks are very rare, others can be quite common. Here are three minor risks that you should be aware of.
- Excessive liposuction: Removing too much fat can leave your skin looking unnatural and uneven.
- Skin discoloration: When making an incision for liposuction, the skin cells in the area may rupture and release melanin into the surrounding area. This can cause prolonged hyper pigmentation that can take 4-6 months to heal. Patients with a dark skin tone have a higher risk of hyper pigmentation.
- Swelling and bruising: When liposuction is performed on the lower part of the body, swelling and bruising are common side effects. This usually disappears within 2-3 days. Choosing open drainage vs. placing sutures on the incision sites can reduce the chances of this happening.
My face has got marks everywhere. Pimple marks. I tried all sort of possible creams. But no use. Can you suggest me something?
A stem cell facelift includes face grafting. It is used for removing the unwanted and extra fat from an area of the body and then transfers it to the face. The fat in our body contains naturally regenerative cells. These also include blood vessel producing cells, adult stem cells and growth-secreting cells. With this facelift, the person’s own cells are infused into their superficial muscular aponeurotic system (SMAS) as well as under the facial muscles. When these meet with the aged facial tissues, they generate new and healthy tissues that give you rejuvenated skin.
Here is how this treatment is a great procedure:
- Eliminates Loose Skin: This procedure tends to reposition the patient’s tissues by adding volume and stretching skin..
- A Better Body Contour: This procedure starts with a gentle liposuction technique. It removes the unwanted fat from different parts of the body. However, the procedure only targets the stubborn fat that cannot be burnt. This is usually present in the belly, abdomen, hips or thighs. This helps the body in both ways and makes the body appear more slender.
- A More Volumized Skin: The fat that is injected, pumps the skin, making it look more youthful. It fills the hollow areas and rejuvenates the wrinkles and fat lines, giving your skin a more youthful and smooth appearance.
- Natural Looking Results: The treatment does not make a person’s face look artificial or out of place. It only remodels it in a natural way. The previous surgical techniques used to cut the skin, pull it tight ,therefore it used to appear artificial and plastic-like. With the stem cell facelift, a lot of volumes is added to the skin however, it fits the hollow areas and the wrinkles are smoothened but the skin is not pulled as tightly as before. It makes your skin look youthful and plump.
- Less Bruising and Faster Recovery: The conventional facelift methods use scissors and scalpels and it can cause a lot of bruising and bleeding. This stem cell treatment, however, uses an electric knife and it stops the bleeding and cuts. It also helps in a faster recovery.
- Customized Treatment: Unlike the conventional methods, this treatment can be customized according to a patient’s need and medical history. Only the areas they need should be rejuvenated, are treated.
A stem cell facelift is obviously better than other facelifts. However, surgeons these days only operate on specific cases where it is genuinely required and not just for simple beautification reasons the same. Procedures like this might cause a lot of money hence; the requirements should be taken into account accordingly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.