Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pk Kesar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pk KesarYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam, My wife is 10th week pregnant she should take saffron now or which month she take that pls suggest me is good or not.
What is Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy is a treatment which is used to treat the symptoms that occur after menopause. As age advances, the ovaries of the female reproductive system produce fewer amounts of hormone, and because of this low level, women start showing various symptoms. Sometimes, these symptoms are so severe that they hamper activities of daily living. Thus, in order to lessen these symptoms, the hormones are administered in the form of oral medications.
The most common menopause symptoms are as follows:
- Hot flushes, night sweats
- Dry, wrinkled skin, and dry hair
- Mood swings
- Vaginal dryness, recurrent infection
- Reduced sex drive, pain during the sexual act
- Weakening of the bones
The decrease in estrogen hormone is responsible for this condition. Therefore, in hormone replacement therapy, the medications which contain estrogen are given. Hence, it is also known as estrogen replacement therapy. Some types of hormone replacement therapy contain both progesterone and estrogen, some contain only estrogen, and sometimes, testosterone is also used.
Ways of Administering Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Estrogen pills: Most estrogen pills are taken once a day without food. In cyclical hormone replacement therapy, tablets are taken at the end of the menstrual cycle for 14 days, or a daily dose of estrogen and progesterone for 14 days for every 13 weeks. In continuous hormone replacement therapy, the patient takes a continuous combination of estrogen and progesterone.
- Estrogen patch: The patch is usually applied on the skin of the abdomen. Depending on the patient requirement, some patches are replaced every few days, while others can be worn for a week.
- Topical estrogen: It includes creams, gels, and sprays. In this type, estrogen is absorbed through the skin directly into the bloodstream.
- Vaginal estrogen: It comes in the form of a cream, vaginal ring, or vaginal estrogen tablets. It is usually given in females having symptoms of vaginal dryness, itching, etc.
Side-Effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Bloating, indigestion
- Breast tenderness or swelling
- Swelling in other parts of the body
- Vaginal bleeding
Who Should Not Got For Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- Hormone replacement therapy is contraindicated in following diseases as it can worsen the condition of the patient:
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
- Severe migraines
- Blood clotting disorders
- Heart disease
- Endometrial, ovarian, or breast cancer
Lifestyle Modifications along with Hormone Replacement Therapy to Relieve Symptoms of Menopause
Following lifestyle modifications can be used along with hormone replacement therapy to relieve symptoms of menopause:
- Reduce consumption of caffeine, alcohol, spicy, and deep-fried food
- Stop smoking
- Perform regular exercise, yoga, and meditation
- Take proper sleep
- Use cooling gel pad, or pillows, or be in an air-conditioned rooms
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
1. With sex, aim for quality over quantity. When spouses don't get busy regularly, they can lose physical connection.
2. Write about your fights. Researchers believe it's because the writing group was able to glean new insights about the disagreements or better understand their spouses after they'd reflected about them on their own. Next time you argue with your man, try writing down the details from a neutral standpoint. You might notice something you missed in the heat of the moment.
3. Hug for 2 minutes and kiss for 30 seconds each. Oxytocin, a chemical our bodies release when we touch one another, emotionally connects people" no need to set a timer, but do extend your hugs and kisses longer than you normally would; you'll feel a new sense of connection.
4. Take a walk together. If you're trying to decide how you two should handle your daughter's poor report card, hit the pavement. Not only will the fresh air clear your minds but also" the very act of walking in the same direction can help you two feel as though you're on the same team and want the same result. Physically heading to one place makes you more likely to be mentally in sync; it's like you're standing together instead of confronting each other.
6. Jot down your guy's sweet deeds. Maybe he filled up your gas tank without you mentioning it was getting low, or brought you flowers for no good reason. Once a day for a week, secretly write down something your man did that touched you" many times, especially in long-term relationships, the little things our partners do for us get overlooked, which eventually makes the man resentful. Keeping a list helps you feel grateful for the daily blessings of marriage, and sharing that list at the end of the week with your spouse makes him feel appreciated.
When you are pregnant, what you eat and drink affects not only you but your baby as well. An old wives tale suggests eating for two at this time. However, simply eating double your normal amount of food will not help. Instead, this will make you put on extra weight. Instead, you should focus on eating more nutritious food. Here are a few diet tips for you and the minerals your body needs most at this time.
Pregnant women need twice as much iron as compared to women who are not expecting. This amounts to 27grams a day. An iron deficiency will result in anemia, fatigue and make you more susceptible to infections. Iron is also necessary to supply the baby with oxygen. Iron-fortified cereals, peas, dried beans, poultry, meat, and fish are rich sources of iron. For better absorption, it is also advisable to consume vitamin C alongside the iron. The easiest way to do this is by drinking a glass of orange juice along with your meals.
This is also known as folate. It is crucial to prevent birth defects in the baby’s spine and brain. Some foods that are rich in this mineral include enriched cereals, pasta, and bread. However, it may be difficult to consume the required amount of folic acid through food alone. The ideal amount of folic acid a pregnant woman should consume is around 600 micrograms a day. Hence, folic acid supplements are usually prescribed to pregnant women and should be taken regularly.
Calcium helps build bones and teeth. If you do not consume enough calcium when pregnant, the body will start to use the calcium stored in your bones to build the baby’s bones. A pregnant woman needs over 1000 milligrams of calcium per day. Consuming milk, yogurt, calcium-fortified juices, cheeses, salmon, sardines and leafy vegetables like bok choy and kale can help your body get the required amount of calcium.
Proteins are essential to build the muscles and organs of a baby’s body. Fish, poultry, eggs, nuts, tofu, peas and dried beans are rich sources of protein. When eating protein-rich foods it is essential to drink plenty of water to aid in its digestion.
To maximize nutrition, you must focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy and lean proteins. You could also supplement this with prenatal vitamins. Caffeine should be limited to 200mg a day. Other foods such as unpasteurized foods like raw milk, certain types of cheese and store-bought deli salads, raw meat, raw eggs, fish with high levels of mercury such as swordfish and king mackerel should be avoided completely. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 9 weeks pregnant. From today morning I am experiencing backpain. Is it common or an indication of a problem. I have my doctors visit only on next month.
Being away or oblivious to social media is synonymous to not following the herd. Social media probably is no more the latest fad; it is the given code to take a deeper look into the present age. The rewarding fact about social networking sites is their ability to transport us to people and places millions of miles away from us. This epoch with its dictates of overproduction and maximum utilization of labor, snatches away the boon of communication.
Some of the mental health problems that you may suffer from due to social media addiction are discussed below:
- Peer Pressure- Social media use also creates the fear of missing out because you want to do what everyone else is doing. This evokes anxiety and will give rise to negative feelings and emotions, which further creates mental health problems, stress and anxiety disorders
- Fatigue and Stress- When you are using social media, you are constantly switching from one task to another because there is just so much to do and see. This information abundance can tire out your brain, especially when it is received chaotically. Your brain needs time and room for absorbing the data and processing the information, but multitasking on social media makes your brain work overtime. This can prevent it from relaxing and it will become exhausted as it tries to deal with the barrage of information. Hence, the fatigue puts your mind under a lot of stress and you may not be able to concentrate on anything at all.
- Social Anxiety- Even though the whole point of social media is to allow people to stay connected with others, it doesn’t have the same satisfaction and element associated with the actual human interaction, which is a crucial human need. In fact, in some ways, it is too distant and this is not a good thing for those who become dependent on social media as it can lead to social anxiety. Those who are already suffering from this problem will find it even more difficult to indulge in face-to-face interaction. Real human interaction can become extremely scary for people as it is becoming common to hide behind your computer screens and not go out at all.
- Distraction- Social media is just tailor-made for decreasing our productivity because you spend hours looking at everyone else’s life when you could be doing something else. This means that most of your time is spent on viewing photos, liking posts, and writing comments and these activities don’t really require the use of your intellectual abilities. They aren’t intellectual at all and distract you from activities that are such as reading, studying informational articles on the internet, etc. Your brain doesn’t get enough food for development and your intellectual abilities can decline in this way. Your brain will slow down and not be able to respond quickly to various situations.
- Insecurity- One of the major problems with social media is that posts typically present an idealized version of what’s going on in everyone’s life. Usually, what you see isn’t actually reality because everyone has their problems and issues. Nevertheless, you end up comparing your own life with that of others and think less of your own. If people in your newsfeed seem to be having a good time, it will make you envious and affect your mood negatively. Research has shown that widespread use of social media can demotivate people, make them aggressive and cause a decline in confidence.
So are you being adversely affected by social media? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Low self-esteem.
- Feeling low when you see other people's images and lifestyle.
- Envy of others people lives - wishing your life was like someone else's.
- Finding social media as your first and only choice of activity done for enjoyment.
- Not having as many face to face conversations with your relatives and friends and feeling disconnected.
- Being unable to do anything without feeling you need to share it online.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. I am 20 and I had sex with my gf I just touched that part oh hers. But didn't insert it fully I was worried for her getting pregnant so I made her to take ipill after 2 hrs she didn't have her periods that month before that her period was on 25. We had intercourse on 12 and she went to a doctor for her period and taken some medicine for periods. But today is 27 she tookprega newd test on 26 showed negative result. On 28 she had her periods but on 29 she bleed very less. What is wrong with her. Kindly explain the situation she is in. Can she be pregnant?
Sir I am pregnant. In this time which food is suitable for it? Is any problem will arises due to long journeys? Which type of water is suitable for this time? Which vegetables are good for eating in this time?
Hi I got my period on 10th in Jan and 14th in Feb. This month I didn't get my period yet. I had pregnancy test on 17th it's negative. So wat to do now. Pls suggest.
Tantric Sex Positions for Every Man - Blow Her Mind With These Erotic Moves
To those who are only minimally familiar with the idea of Tantric sex, the term can conjure up images of yoga experts entwined in impossible positions, barely moving for hours on end. However, engaging in Tantric activity is not necessarily reserved for the fit and supple; it can be enjoyed by nearly everyone who is interested in a more sensual experience than a 3-minute romp in the sheets. Tantra can best be described as a spiritual experience involving being in the here and now, rather than pumping away with only the end goal in mind. Couples who try Tantra may find that sexual enjoyment takes on a whole new meaning; for the curious, some simple tips are provided here. Because Tantra is all about sensuality, getting the body ready for the experience can help make it more enjoyable; therefore, some pointers for body and penis care are also given.
Some Tantric sex positions for beginners:
Remember, practicing Tantric sex means being in the moment. With this in mind, these positions should be carried out as a means to fully experience one another on a sensual and spiritual level, without focusing on the final release - which will certainly come when the time is right. Whenever the couple is facing each other, deep eye contact is encouraged to heighten the intimacy of the experience.
The flower blossom - The woman lies on her back and draws her knees up to her breasts. Her feet can be tucked against the man's armpits. She then raises her buttocks and spreads them slightly with her hands, presenting him with an "orchid" for penetration. This position is intensely visual, especially for the male.
The jewel box - In this position, the couple lies facing each other with their bodies closely touching. The women can be underneath, or they can lie side by side, and their legs should touch from thighs to toes. He should hold her close and penetrate from this position.
The long-haired goddess - The man in this case lies flat on his back, and she mounts him facing away. She then lays back so that her hair is covering his face as he moves in and out of her.
The reverse horsewoman - This position is similar to the long-haired goddess, but the woman sits up with her legs tucked underneath her so that she can control the action. She raises and lowers herself on the man; this loss of control on his part can be highly exhilarating.
Striking - The woman lies on her back on a firm, flat surface with her thighs raised. The man withdraws from her completely, then enters in one, fluid move to penetrate fully inside her. This is repeated as often as desired.
Care for the body and spirit
The sensual experience of Tantra is all about being in the moment, but that doesn't mean that men should skimp on planning ahead. Having a body - and especially a penis - that is clean, supple and receptive to touch is the key to fully enjoying the benefits of Tantra.
In fact, the process of getting clean can be an intimate part of the experience; couples can plan a warm bath together and gently wash every part of each other's bodies before moving into the bedroom. Soft light and music can add to the otherworldly atmosphere they will build before the real physical activity begins.
Men should also care for their penile skin on a regular basis to prevent roughness, irritation, soreness and other issues that can detract from the overall experience. Using a specially formulated penis vitamin creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that is enriched with important nutrients, as well as all-natural emollients, can help to build tissue that is receptive to the modulated rhythms of tantric sex.