Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. PiyushYour feedback matters!
I am 56 years old I am having prostate problem I cant say since how long sometimes I have to frequently go for urine with 1 hour interwal 4-5 times please advise remedy.
I have 1.5cm hypodense mass lesion in the left kidney. Appearing echogenic on ultrasound with no CT demonstrable fat attenuation within? Renal cell carcinoma? Angiomyolipoma. Then I take biopsy Biopsy result as A1 to A3 renal cortical tissue A4 sections reveal a tumour composed of papillae lined by a single layer of small cells with scant cytoplasm with mild nuclear pleomorphism. The papillae have delicate fibrovascular core Foam cell clusters are seen in an occasional area finally result concludes as papillary neoplasm of kidney pls explain what problem I have sir I am now afraid of cancer.
I am 21years old there is a small lump in my left breast since 5 to 6 months I am very worried about it is it normal. Please help me?
For the past three days I've been suffering from severe pain in my right breast. I consulted a gynec and she checked and told me to go for ultrasound breast, meanwhile she gave me taxim 200 10tabs and told me to take them twice daily. I got the ultrasound done. The doctor who did the ultrasound told me that there are no lumps. I feel extreme pain. And I can feel some nodes that cause real pain. Can't even touch that swollen nodes part. Can anyone pls help me out. The reason and everything about this.
I had noticed blood traces at the beginning urination about one month back. I carried out a blood urine examination it said PSA as 7.69, Further scanning showed prostate is of normal size. I took ciplox 500 for a month and retestedt PSA and the result showed 7.67. The doctor said that a biopsy is needed. Since I am 74 years old, I don't intend to go for biopsy. If I leave it as is, will there be any complication later? Is there any medication available for high PSA?
I am a 36 years old I want to know that if it is possible to cure any cancer and which medicine it is and what precaution should be taken while someone is in cancer ?
One of the most common problems faced by ageing men is benign prostatic hypertrophy. Prostate is the gland at the base of the urethra near the bladder and when it enlarges it can lead to symptoms, mostly related to urination.
1. Frequent urge to pass urine
2. Prolonged urination
3. Frequent nocturnal visits to the toilet
4. Intermittent urination
5. Difficulty to start urinating
6. Inability to completely empty the bladder
7. Urinary tract infections
There are medications available to manage this, but offer only temporary relief. Many men therefore prefer to have the surgery undergone to manage these bothersome symptoms. However, like any surgery, the risks and benefits need to be considered along with other conditions like age, overall health status, other comorbid conditions, etc.
Surgical removal of the enlarged prostate gland is a more definitive approach to manage these symptoms. In addition to providing a quick cure, it also is used in the following cases:
1. Patients who do not respond to medications
2. Presence of blood in the urine
3. Associated bladder stones
4. Frequent infections of the urinary tract
5. Associated damage to the kidneys
Procedure of Surgery
During the procedure, a tube is passed through the tip of the penis into the urethra towards the bladder neck. Once it is in the desired position, laser is passed through it to deliver energy that acts on the prostate to either completely or partially destroy it. There are two methods by which laser acts on the enlarged prostate and making way for free flow of the urine.
1. Ablation: Excess prostate tissue is melted away by the laser by using photosensitive vaporization of the prostate. This is also known as Greenlight laser therapy or KTP laser vaporization. Alternately, Holmium can be used as the source of laser energy to ablate the prostate tissue.
2. Enucleation: Excess prostate tissue is cut and teased out through the urethra. Holmium laser is used to resect the prostate into smaller pieces, which are then removed out through a resectoscope. Another technique uses a tissue morcellator which grinds the enlarged prostate into smaller pieces to enable easy retrieval.
More men now opt for laser prostate removal as it has the following advantages:
1. Reduced risk of bleeding: This becomes essentially important in patients who are on blood thinners.
2. No hospitalization: This can be done either as an outpatient or with minimal one day stay at the hospital
3. Immediate symptom relief: As compared to medications, the relief is felt almost immediately after the surgery
4. No catheter: With laser surgery, a catheter may be required for less than 24 hours unlike in open surgical cases.
As noted above, as with any surgery, once enlarged prostate symptoms set in, have a detailed discussion with your doctor to identify if you are a suitable candidate for laser surgery.
My cousin had noticed that he has cancer at stage of 3. The doctor planned to give radiation therapy. After that, a surgery to keep colostomy bag. He is 23 years old. Doctor asked him to save his sperms for future. Is there any possibility to avoid keeping colostomy bag?how long will he lead his life?
I am aged 56 year suffering from prostate enlargement for the last one year. On the other hand I have a problem of erectile dysfunction. I would like to know whether the problem of erectile dysfunction is related to prostrate enlargement kindly advice.
What are the necessary requirement to prevent any type of cancer? What type of food should be avoided and what should be taken, exercises for cancer if any and what type of injuries should not be neglected. Also tell me about internal injuries symptoms.
I am 50 years old my creatinine level 9 and doctor telling I had cancer one urine bladder closed that is right one and left is coming doctor wear stent for that but its right side the stent not going its blocked its seems how will my problem wil solve please give suggestion and rply which type of treatment must start.
Pancreas is small organ located behind your stomach, which are responsible for the production of insulin. This organ produces multiple enzymes, which are necessary for digestion. The increase in diabetes, obesity, smoking and other issues within the population have also pushed up the number of cases of pancreatic cancer. Let's look at some of the Ayurvedic remedies, which are known to be very effective in combating or preventing this disease.
- Tulsi or Ocimum Tenuiflorum: Tulsi has been known to have many medicinal properties and has been used in Ayurveda since ages. It improves metabolism, reduces inflammation as well and is able to regulate and control diabetic disorders, thus halting or even preventing cancer.
- Emblica Officinalis or Amla: Amla is very effective in the removal of toxins and can regulate inflammation, which is caused by certain enzymes. It is also an antioxidant which can keep excessive secretion under check and stop the progress of cancer or its development in the first place.
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: A widely used Ayurvedic medicine, Haritaki has qualities that can act as a colon cleanser and help remove cholesterol and fats from your system. This can unclog organs like the pancreas and lessen the chances of cancer or even halt further progress of cancerous cell growth.
- Kanchnaar or Bauhinia Variegate: This herb is very good in stopping the cancer causing agents and can prevent the growth of lymphomas, sarcomas, malignant tumors among other cancerous diseases. It has been used since a very long time to treat cancers in Ayurveda and thus be very effective in treating pancreatic cancers as well.
- Guggul or Commiphora Mukul: Another effective medication to stop the growth of cancer, guggul has been a fairly common name in Ayurvedic medicines. It inhibits certain pathways that may either cause or enhance the growth of cancer cells within the body and is thus effective as a preventative measure as well as a remedy for pancreatic cancer.
- Ashwagandha: Another common Ayurvedic herb, this is very effective as an anti-inflammatory agent and as an antioxidant. Ashwagandha has been used to treat diabetic neuropathy and is also beneficial in reducing anxiety and stress, all of which may lead to pancreatic cancers. It is also effective in the prevention of the growth of cancer cells. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.