Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush KhanaYour feedback matters!
Hi My son who is 3 years old is often complaining of pain in his legs. This is usually observed in midnight. Please suggest what could be the problem.
My 3 years old daughter does want to eat non -veg food. Always she wants to eat some spicy food. She wants chicken in her every launch or dinner. She doesn't like Dal, sabji etc. It is not good for her health, isn't in Dr? Can I give LIVSAVE KIDS to protect her liver? Please give me suggestion.
Hello doctor, My four year old son found a piece of used chewing gum outside house and chewed it for some time. Is there any chance of hiv infection from chewed used chewing gum?
My daughter age 8 years is too week even having food 3 times, please advice me any health nutrition food for her.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Our 4 month old baby has gastroesophageal reflux (ger) since birth. she is unable to feed properly because of that & she is in constant pain. allopathic medicine suppresses stomach acid and caused more trouble with indigestion and colic pain. please help with Ayurveda medicine. Thanks in anticipation for your help!
My 14 month baby suffering from diarrhea since yesterday with blood. He is given ofloxacin antibiotic. His stool contain White thread like worm. Deworming not done yet. Is it safe to give him NOWORM SYRUP now or some days later.
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.
My child age is 15 month year old now he have not a single teeth born and now before 2 days he vomiting when we are giving some food to eat and loss potty 3 times in a day whats the problem he have and what type of remedy we will take or medicine.
Meri beti hai 5 year ki use night me potty ke raste me pain hota hai maine use gastroentrology doctor ko bhi dikhaya lekin unhone kaha koi bhi problem nahi hai lekin use daily pain hota hai please mujhe koi medicine bataye jisse uska dard kam ho jaye ya fir usko neend aa jaye thankyou.
Hi, I have four and half year old kid, he always had complained about cold and cough, two weeks past Nas the climate changed, he suffered with nasal blockage cold and cough. As usual we grated him with medicine, but my concern this time was we never he gets little cold he goes thru nasal blockage and is not able to breathe thru his nose. So we took out x-ray. And it showed enlarged adenoids. So physician, pediatrician, we're consulted they said it has to be removed by endoscopic surgery. And being a parent it's hard for me to decide to put my baby thru this surgery. My concern is can it be treated? Do I need to to repeat the x-ray or was it because he was severe cold the adenoids were showing enlarged. But still, and wen it comes to breathing he breathes most of thee time with his mouth. Can it be treated with homeopathy? If I don't opt for surgery? Advise needed.
When it comes to babies and their sleeping habits, you have to understand that every baby is different and has different needs. Thus, certain things that may work for one set of parents may not necessarily work for the other. Thus, here are a few tips that will ensure that your child gets ample of undisturbed sleep and stays healthy and fit:
1. Learn to distinguish when your baby starts feeling tired: Once your child starts feeling tired, he/she will definitely show specific signs that he/she requires some sleep. Some common signs are:
a) The constant eye rubbing
c) Getting a bit fussy and cranky
Put your baby to sleep as soon as possible when he/she starts showing such signs. If your baby gets overtired, it will be all the more difficult for him to fall asleep.
2. Set a proper sleep cycle: Ensure that you set a suitable sleep cycle for your baby. Train your child to sleep during the night and play during the day. Ensure that you keep your kid busy during the day, ensuring that he/she stays awake even after a feed, so that he is tired by night time and sleeps properly all throughout the night. At night, when your child gets up for a feed, ensure that you do not turn on the lights. Instead, make sure to keep the room in semi-darkness so he/she goes back to sleep effectively.
3. Ensure that your baby is full: If your baby is hungry and has not had his fill, it will tend to disrupt his sleep. Thus, ensure that your baby is well fed before you put him to sleep. For example, if during the day you feed the child after every three hours, as evening approaches feed him every two hours. This will ensure that he is well fed before he goes to sleep.
4. Let go the burping occasionally: Babies do not avidly breastfeed at night. Thus, it is not essential that you wait for him to burp every time he feeds.
5. Give a Massage: Another way to ensure that your baby sleeps properly is to give him a good massage. A massage will help the child to relax and thus sleep better.
My baby boy is 6 months 3 week old I hv gvn him suji kheer, apple puree, moong dal water, chikko (chikko which he dint lik it) so should I give him again tmrw or what more things should I give in breakfast lunch & dinner.
As the baby enters life, he unveils a different world for himself. There is so much to see, understand, learn and experience. A baby’s life is full of exciting new experiences as he views things and people around him with curiosity. But as he fondles with things around him, he carries dust, germs and possibility of an infection. Besides the external environment, his sensitive skin also deals with 24/7 nappies that cause dampness and may lead to a fungal infection.
It is quite natural for parents to panic with the slightest of baby’s discomfort. However, it is important to note that almost all babies develop rashes with first few weeks of their life as it’s the time when their skin is adapting to the outside environment. Not all rashes are harmful. Baby’s immune system has the capacity to fight with most of the infections. Thus, many skin rashes heal on its own. In case, rashes are followed by fever, vomiting, pain or other symptoms, it is advisable to seek medical intervention immediately.
Most common rashes in children are caused due to nappies. The skin around the nappy area become red itchy and irritated. The best way to prevent nappy rashes is to keep baby’s skin clean and dry. Check for dampness and never keep the same nappy for more than 3 hours. Antifungal creams as prescribed by a pediatrician could be applied externally to fight infection.
Blocked pores on baby’s skin can cause acne as well as white spots called Milia. They can appear on face, neck, hands generally first two weeks of baby’s life. Doctors advice using a mild soap and keeping the skin moisturized.
Extreme climate can be harsh on baby’s skin. The skin reacts to dry cold winds in form of dry and scaly patches which become red and itchy. Extreme summers can cause rashes due to sweat. The only way to prevent such problems is to keep baby indoors, warm and hydrated in winter and assure baby wears soft and loose cotton clothing in summers.
Many of us have noticed flaky patches that appear on new born baby’s scalp. Those look like thick yellow secretions. They are known as cradle crap. They are not itchy or painful and heal on their own.
As baby grows, he is introduced to new foods. This is also the time when food allergies began to get recognized. Many times body reacts to an allergen through skin rashes. These are called Hives and may occur any time in child’s life. Avoidance of allergens is the most effective way to deal with food allergies.
A baby needs constant care and supervision. Parents knowledge greatly help in prevention and management of such issues. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.