Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pikee SaxenaYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old I got married 6 month ago .my problem related with intercourse. When I have sex with my partner .during intercourse I feel burning in my vagina .due to this I am very upset. When we start to do it .I am very afraid that time .even my husband spend some time on foreplay .but I don't know .why this problem happen.
Hi My wife is pregnant. This is first time and may I know kitne din me sex karna chaiye or kya precautions rakhne chaiye.
Yesterday I had a unprotected oral sex for 2 to 3 min with unknown person. I do not know any thing about that person. I am bit worried as I have gone through number of websites where as it say there are very low risk. please help.
Ayurveda is a proven ancient life science that has been curing long term and often, debilitating diseases with a focus on methods like Panchakarma (comprising of pre-Panchakarma treatments like snehan oiling of the body with medicated preparations and swedan medicated steam), oral herbal medications and other tweaks in one's lifestyle that can help in combating the symptoms and advent of diseases.
Shirodhara is one of the methods followed by Ayurveda, which is said to stimulate the pituitary gland or 'third eye' that focuses on pouring warm medicated oil or medicinal decoctions on a certain point on one's forehead for a focused form of therapy followed by a relaxing head massage.
Let us find out the various benefits of Shirodhara:
- Awakening: With this method of oil flow, it is said that the 'third eye' or the pituitary gland gets activated to a degree where awakening of the senses takes place in the true form of the term. Hormones secreted from the pituitary gland the master gland of the body, help control growth, blood pressure, certain functions of the sex organs, thyroid glands and metabolism as well as some aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, nursing, water and salt concentration and the kidneys, temperature regulation and pain relief. This encourages overall better health as the organs also respond and function in a better manner.
- Good for Nervous System: This treatment also helps in stimulating and relaxing the right nerves in the right way which restores the balance the Praan Vaayu . So, the cerebral system also works in a better manner and cognition thrives, leading to a good and healthy state of the nervous system.
- Mental Clarity: When there is clear headedness and a proper balance and flow of chemicals within the brain and the various parts of the body, then there is a better state of mental clarity that the patient can achieve. This can be done with the help of shirodhara as it activates the requisite glands which can produce a more favourable and balanced state of mind. As a consequence, the patient will find that the quality of concentration and productivity as far as various tasks are concerned, will also go up by leaps and bounds.
- Treats Hair Loss: This focussed treatment takes on the hair follicles as well, thanks to the concoction of herbs and oils which is allowed to flow on to the scalp. This can help in preventing and repairing hair loss and hair damage to a great extent due to the nourishment and prolonged treatment method with which the oil is allowed to penetrate deep into the scalp and provide good health to the roots.
- Improves Sleep: This form of oilation therapy is also known to help a person sleep better because the mental faculties work better during the day and this restores the natural rhythm of the body by night, when the right amount of fatigue is achieved thanks to the healing properties of this procedure.
Thus, Shirodhara is a wholesome treatment for the body, mind and soul. Practice Shirodhara on a regular basis for good overall health.
A pimple is a small pustule or papule. Pimples develop when sebaceous glands, or oil glands, become clogged and infected, leading to swollen, red lesions filled with pus.
- Also known as spots or zits, pimples are a part of acne. They are most likely to occur around puberty, but they can happen at any age.
- During puberty, hormone production changes. This can cause the sebaceous glands, located at the base of hair follicles, to become overactive. As a result, pimples are most likely to occur during the teenage years and around menstruation, for women.
- Pimples most often affect the face, back, chest, and shoulders. This is because there are many sebaceous glands in these areas of skin.
- Acne vulgaris, the main cause of pimples, affects over 80 percent of teenagers. After the age of 25 years, it affects 3 percent of men and 12 percent of women.
Today after morning I am not feeling well backpain, headache from back side and my periods gone last week please tell me about it why it is happen?
I am 38 weeks pregnant. Have not been able to sleep well since third trimester started. Last 2 nights I could not even sleep for a hour. Now I am so fatigued that I have developed anxiety. The moment I lie down on my bed, I get scared amd wake up. Any medicine that is safe to take to help ease anxiety and insomnia.
Sir is there any chance of pregnancy if any girl use to do sex on 12.06.17 and her last period was started on 11.05.17.
Respected Doctors, I am 29 years old, married and have 2 sons 9 and 4 years age. MY husband 45years old, now a days MY husband not like to usa condoms so last 5 months use birth control pills. I here about birth control ring, is its effective and safe for me? Please help, thank you.
I am 10 weeks pregnant. Had my first ultrasound on 29 Oct which showed I am 9 weeks 4 days. Visited my doc the same day. She gave prescription and said to visit again after a month but has not asked for any blood tests. Is it ok?
She have sex with her boyfriend without precaution what should she do immediately after that to avoid pregnancy.
I am 25yrs old. I am having irregular periods problem for 4months. By 4 months upto still I didnt get any periods. What can I do for regular periods? and what is the reason for irregular periods?
Adolescence is a time when boys and girls begin to establish greater independence from their parents. It is also a time when young people begin to develop the sense of personal individuality that will help define their future identity as adults. In fact, establishing independence and forming a unique identity are two of the most important developmental tasks adolescents must accomplish in preparation for living satisfying and productive adult lives.
Some parents find it easy to keep the lines of communication open with an adolescent child. However, many families find it difficult to establish and maintain open communication with their child during the adolescent years. Irrespective of whether you are the mother or the father, if you happen to feel that your communication with your blue-eyed boy is lacking in the essential warmth and honesty, it is probably time to sit back, shed the shroud of loftiness and solemnity and talk it out with him. Remember, lack of honest and warm conversations with your child can make all those wonderful plans go awry and adversely impact his future relationship with you.
Don’t worry yet, because here are a few honest and simple tips that could help your child overcome all doubts and share all those things which he once swore to never tell you.
- If the television is switched on, switch it off while talking to your child. This helps the child understand that you do give him the attention he needs. Again, this is one of the most important things he will ever crave for; Attention. Isn’t it!
- Don’t talk over the telephone while you are conversing with your child. If you get a call that can be done without, do not take it.
- Remember, the adolescent years can be the trickiest. With hormones swaying perpetually, your child might be infuriated if you held conversations that were supposed to be in private, out in the open or in front of that high-handed neighbor of yours. Give your child the respect he deserves, don’t rush anything. Rather, talk to him in private when he feels safe. This will help in bettering his clarity of thought and actions, thus enhancing the quality of conversation even more.
- It is surely easier said than done. However, with a child at home, try not to take back office chores to house. Sort out office issues where they need to be sorted; so that once you get back, you can give him the time to tell you how his day was. Listen to him and don’t judge him. Remember, your child needs a loving parent who can listen to him brag about his school grades rather than just a rigid and overbearing judge of his actions. A hearty tete-a tete never fails to spin its own magic on the child.
- Schedule one-on-one activities with your child once every week as that can help in better your bonding. It also helps if you learn about what you child is particularly interested in, such as activities like music or sports.
- Listen to them, even if they sound absurd. The key point here is to hear them out patiently and then respond. Avoid butting in with your opinions even before they stop talking. Such a disdainful demeanor will only lessen his confidence the next time she wants to discuss something important and personal.
- Do not respond scornfully. Avoid using expletives or even expressing strong reactions when it can be done without. Bear in mind the weight of words before you spurt out something rudimentarily insulting to your child. Remember, he is just a kid. Dealing with him high-handedly and in a condescending manner can and will only make matters worse.
- Consider how your child feels before you say or do something. His mental capacities are not well formed and developed yet, so it is only natural for his not to see things the way you see.
- While constructive criticism is healthy, criticizing him at every step he takes will only lead to feelings of worthlessness and subsequent psychological problems. Don’t let him feel that he’s not good enough. Give him the time to show you what he’s got, and you shall be amazed.
- Allow your baby to make his own choices in some cases, provided the consequences are not serious. This will make his responsible in the long run.
How many of us have heard about Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) before Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister late J Jayalalithaa was put on it for recovery? Hardly a handful. Patients who are placed on the device have 50-50 chance of survival and while it could not help the late Chief Minister, her condition put a spotlight on ECMO.
What is ECMO?
ECMO is a life support device that is put in place when a patient’s heart and lungs stop functioning completely post a cardiac arrest. When the patient does not respond to Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), the patient is put on ECMO.
Function of ECMO
The core function of the device is to separate carbon dioxide from the blood and add oxygen into it. It takes the load off from heart and lungs, providing critical time to the body organs for its treatment and recovery.
Patients are only put on ECMO, if there is a chance that the condition can be reversed.
How does ECMO work?
The device drains blood from a vein, which is attached to an oxygenator machine. The machine then removes carbon dioxide from the blood and adds oxygen to it. Depending upon the condition of the patient, the warmed blood is either pumped into the body with the help of the machine or made to get back to the body through an artery.
How long can a patient be on ECMO?
- After seven days of being put on ECMO, there are chances of patient getting an infection.
- In case the patient contracts an infection, it is recommended to take the patient off ECMO support. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.