Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Payal SinghYour feedback matters!
My aunt was pregnant in her old age and she want to abort that child. What are the natural methods for abortion naturally?
I use birth control pills (Yasmin) for my pcos condition but not disciplined about timing but I do take it everyday. Had unprotected sex. Do I need emergency contraceptive pill?
I am suffering from ovarian cysts. Kindly suggest me some medication or treatment as I don't want to do surgery.
Hello, my wife is a student of BAMS MD (Anastasia) so she has to attend 4-5 surgeries daily. We are planning for a baby is there any problem due to presence of formalin or other disinfectant present in O T to the development of foods and precaution could be taken to avoid any problem I would like to know what female surgeons take precautions during their pregnancy? Thank you.
Hypothyroidism:- 4 years back my TSH was 13 and suffered from irregular periods. And I have been using medicines since then and now it is 2.92. And I am regularly using femilon tabs and recently I got married (4 months back) and I am getting period regularly. I have small doubts regarding this. Any help will be highly appreciated 1. I want to get pregnant. Is usage of femilon prevent me to get pregnant? 2.what should be my tsh to get pregnant.
I am facing with period issues, its keep bleeding after period also, have undergone the treatment also. But unable to get ok with it.
Last 3 months my wife had irregular periods of 38, 45n 48 days. What exercise and foods should she follow from now on to get the periods regular and ovulation correctly. Please briefly explain.
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are:
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an acupuncturist.
We have no child I go with semen analysis test its ok my wife go with ultrasound result is both pholopians tube not visual as bilateral tube disturb what should your next steps? There's no monthly problem tells me something about pregnancy?
I am 22 year old female I have issue regarding the menstrual pain. It pains alot during menstruation. The stomach and the back, sometimes I need to take injection or a tablet for the pain. Many doctors said that it cannot be treated it remains the same until the first pregnancy. What can I do to stop the pain during menstruation?
Got married last year April 2015 (age 29) and conceived in the month of august but we didn't want child at that time so have done abortion through medicine. Now we are planning for a child from last two months but unfortunately we got negative results and even from last two month my period came early after 24 days usually my cycle is 28-30 days, is it normal? Please let me know few things 1. Can last Abortion cause any difficulty in conceiving the child in future? 2. How can I recognize the ovulation period (my first day of last period is 15th May)? 3. Can a lady conceive only during ovulation time I mean a single day in a month cycle? 4. Can I sure will be helpful to know ovulation day, how and when can I use it? 5. Do I need to consult a doctor or to wait for some more time?
While some diseases and medical conditions affect people all over the world, there are some that are prevalent only amongst a certain cultural group or region. Dhat roga or Dhat syndrome is one such culturally bound syndrome that affects men in the Indian subcontinent region including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. In some cases, it may also affect the women of this region.
The word ‘Dhat’ originates from the Sanskrit word ‘Dhatu’ meaning ‘elixir of the body’. The condition was first described in 1960 by Dr Narendra Wig as a condition marked by psychosomatic symptoms such as fatigue, anxiety and sexual dysfunction caused by the passing of a whitish fluid or whitish particles that are believed to be semen in the urine. Other symptoms that person with this condition might express include weakness, lack of appetite, poor concentration and guilt.
How dhat is different from sperm leakage and premature ejaculation?
Dhat is the name given to the collective symptoms, such as sexual, psychological, and physical related to the passing of a whitish fluid, believed to be semen in urine. This is usually followed by psychological distress and anxiety due to semen-loss in patients. The word ‘dhat’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘dhatu’ which means ‘metal’ and/or ‘elixir’. Whereas, sperm leakage is a sexual dysfunction which happens due to weak parasympathetic nerves. What happens here is that seminal fluid oozes out of a flaccid penis. This is said to happen due to over masturbation. Dhat, on the other hand, is passing of seminal fluid in urine. And, premature ejaculation is something that happens at the time of coitus. In this, the male is unable to sustain an erection long enough for penetration and ‘comes’ prematurely. In this condition, penetrative sex doesn’t happen or happens for too short a period of time to satisfy the partner.
In the dhat syndrome, males usually believe that they have premature ejaculation and suffer from impotence apart from just leaking the white seminal fluid during urination. This loss frightens them into developing a sense of depression as the fear of semen loss is very strong in the subcontinent. Young men from a rural background or of a lower socioeconomic status typically complain of this syndrome. It may be further categorised under three heads:
- Only Dhat: In this case, the patients present with hypochondriacally oriented symptoms attributed to the loss of semen
- Dhat accompanied by anxiety or depression: In this case depression or anxiety is the core condition that may be accompanied by Dhat
- Dhat accompanied by sexual dysfunction: In such cases, the patient may complain of erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation or other psychosexual dysfunction conditions such as depressive neurosis, somatoform/ hypochondriasis or anxiety neurosis.
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Appetite loss
- Lack of physical strength
- Poor concentration and forgetfulness
- Sexual dysfunction
Common misconceptions about the disease
There are a number of misconceptions about dhat. Most patients think that the semen loss during urination will make them impotent or someway weaker sexually. This anxiety can be traced back thousands of years to certain Ayurvedic treatises in which the loss of a single drop of semen, the most precious body fluid, was enough to weaken the whole body. This cultural belief leads to a lot of stigma, guilt and depression related to dhat.
The morbid hypochondriacal fear that is associated with dhat syndrome is also stuff that myths are made of. Patients believe that dhat will irreversibly harm their bodies and they will be unable to produce male offspring, and that dhat will cause a death of offspring at an early age, lead to the birth of a malformed fetus; or cause anaemia, leprosy, tuberculosis, permanent impotency, and shrinking of the penis.
Factors apart from reproductive health which results in Dhat roga
- Nerves are responsible for keeping the semen locked in during a normal state in men. When nerves get weak, semen is discharged during urination or while doing normal activities in the form of a white discharge, called dhat.
- This problem further strains other organs like liver and a poorly functioning liver increases weakness related to muscles and also reduces energy levels, fat metabolism, and contaminates blood.
- Prostatitis, a disease of the prostate gland which secretes seminal fluids can also aggravate dhat.
- A weak digestive system, prone to constipation and piles also causes dhat. This is seen as a white discharge while defecation.
Modern science has not been able to understand an organic evolution of this condition and hence has no form of medication to treat it. Hence, it is often considered a neurotic condition. According to Ayurveda, apart from excessive masturbation and a weak reproductive health, conditions such as weak digestion, constipation and prostatitis can also trigger the symptoms of Dhat roga.
Ayurveda believes that the body always functions as a complete entity and hence no condition can be isolated and treated. Hence when treating diseases, it approaches it through changes in the person’s diet, exercise and lifestyle, mental health and overall physical health. In the case of treatment for Dhat roga, it is important for the doctor to first correct the patient’s erroneous beliefs and listen to the person before medicating him.
Tips and treatments in Ayurveda
Ayurveda postulates leading a controlled sexual life to counteract dhat.
- Charaka samhita postulates that semen is all pervasive within the body like "oil in the sesamic seed" and suggests one ejaculation per week in summer and 168 total yearly ejaculations as the optimal sexual frequency for males.
- Over-indulgence in sex and especially masturbation can cause an imbalance in the dhatus with a resultant physical illness called dhat.
- Use herbs which enhance energy and performance of the reproductive system. These herbs will remove debility and weakness and will elevate levels of testosterone hormone in the body to rejuvenate and re-energize the reproductive system.
- These pills also contain herbs which strengthen, repair and stimulate nerves and maintain an optimum supply of energy throughout the day to prevent semen discharge with urine.
- Shilajit is a herb that is known for enhancing sexual potency. Shilajit capsules come loaded with herbs which supplement minerals and nutrients in a bio-available form to remove deficiencies improving the functioning of organs and muscles to counteract fatigue.
Regular counselling is often advocated in such cases along with anti-anxiety and anti-depression medication. Medication may also be prescribed to keep semen from leaking into the urine. The patient is also taught to relax so as to ensure the smooth functioning of the genitourinary system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.