Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Payal SinghYour feedback matters!
I have a periodic issue from last few month after marriage. My period date are not constant n m overweight too. 5.6 height weight 95 kg.
I am little worried to have have sex for the first time in my life. My period has just completed so I decided to do it with my boyfriend. Can anyone tell what precautions should we take to avoid unnecessary pregnancy.
She is indulge in masturbation since she was a child may be 12 yrs, she used to masturbate 3-5 times in a week, as she grown up she tried not to do it bt still she did it for 1-2 time in a month, now she is 22 years old and she'll worried about the consequences, will she be able to get pregnant?
Hi now am 7 weeks pregnant but in in ultrasound it showing only 5 weeks and heartbeat 109.Acutely mt periods irregular only ?
We are trying for baby from 9 months .few days before my wife did her sonography. .it is normal. My semen report is also normal .one doctor suggest us to do the HSG hysterosalpingogram test. I want to ask that is this test is necessary or is there any options available?
I had my hsg test on 7th may it shows tht I hv uterine synechiae .mild adhesion with partial blockage at fimbrial end of left fallopian tube. please suggest how can I cure it so I can conceive no issues yet. Earlier had surgery to remove fibroids. Suffering from pcod.
A regular menstrual period is when you bleed for 5-6 days every month. A normal cycle is 11-13 menstrual periods every year. An irregular menstrual period is when there are less than 10 or more than 14 menstrual periods in a year.
Initially, when a teenage girl reaches puberty, the menstrual cycles are a little irregular. It takes a few months to a couple of years before the hormones are balanced and the cycles come in regular intervals.
Peri-menopausal women have extremely irregular periods, ranging from mere spotting in some months to severe bleeding and muscular cramps in the next few months. As a woman approaches menopause, there are wide fluctuations in hormones that cause the irregularity.
Other Causes Of Menstrual Irregularities-
Excessive weight gain or weight loss. Obesity has been found to cause menstrual irregularities.
Persistent physical exhaustion.
Increase in exercise. Heavy exercise and endurance regimes are known to cause missed or irregular periods.
Travelling, differences in temperature and weather conditions can affect periods.
Contraceptive pills and other birth control medications.
Other medical issues with the pelvic organs.
Inadequate rest and sleep.
Indulging in too much of processed or fried food.
Breastfeeding can cause menstrual irregularities and regain normalcy after it has been stopped completely.
Eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia has been known to cause menstrual irregularities.
A balanced diet which includes enough proteins, calcium and vitamins.
Abstinence from caffeine and alcohol.
Light but regular exercising.
Take some medication after due consultation with a doctor.
Abstain from smoking or consuming tobacco in any form.
Take vitamin and folic acid supplements.
Get yourself checked for blood sugar or cholesterol.
Maintain an optimum body weight.
In case of missed periods for over 2 months, do a home pregnancy check up or visit the gynaecologist.
Stay away from situations that stress you and attempt to control your anxiety. Cultivate an activity that you enjoy, be optimistic and enjoy life.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Siblings are most definitely, the best thing to have ever happened to anyone. We fight, we laugh, we play and we defend. No matter, whether you are the best buddies or you cannot even stand being in the same room, you two (or three or four!) share an inseparable bond, which will last for a lifetime. Siblings are surely in for the long haul, while friends and colleagues may just come and go. But do our sibs really influence us?
- The weight issues: Obesity has been known to run in generations and families, but there have been studies which show that siblings have an influence, especially when we talk of the waistline. Researches; conducted from a 2014 based study at Duke University from the Sanford School of Public Policy show that if the older sibling is obese, the chances of the younger one, being the same increase fivefold. This is regardless of the fact that the parents are obese or not.
- Character talk: Though there is little evidence supporting the theory of birth order affecting personality, there sure is enough to support that siblings do shape the same for each other. Siblings do develop separate identities for themselves and in the same run, affect and shape the personality and characteristics as well as the behavior of the other, to a major extent. For instance, a person would make more of an effort to become an outgoing person, if his/ her sibling is shy and quiet. In case of families with three kids, this is more likely to happen among siblings of the same gender instead of the opposite genders.
- The first teachers: Navigating social situations are what we first learn from our siblings. A daily practice in understanding foreign minds and getting an insight of the outer world is what we first get from our siblings. Strong bonds between two kids at home have shown better and more successful connections with peers at school.
- Saving marriages is their task: Being a part of a bigger family reduces the chance of divorce due to more chances of being accustomed to adjustment. Ohio State University concluded in a 2013 study that every sibling reduces divorce risk by 2%.
- Depression Deal: Squabbling of siblings is as natural as the rain. Yet, the reasons for the fight can have major health implications. Quarreling about issues like fairness and equality can lead to experiencing higher levels of depression. The same has been concluded by a 2012 study of the University of Missouri. Fighting over personal space can lead to the development of low self-esteem and anxiety.
- But they are happiness boosters too: You know that already! Having siblings is in itself a joyful experience.