Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
My wife, 49 years has had nodules on both sides of the neck for which we got the f. N. A. C. Done. Thresult showd tb for which montu test was done for confirmation. Montu was positive and she is since on att for the last one month. But the problem is that she is always complaining of fatigue, headache and fever. Her fever readings are overing between 97.4 to 99.6. Of late she has been complaining of dizziness which comes as waves and then she is forced to sit down or lie down. Can a doctor suggest as to why is this hppening? how to be fit while undergoing tb treatment. She is taking proper diet and liv 52.
Done sperms test 2 times but it was 0 counts. I have 5years daughter planning for 2nd baby that time it was diagnosed. What are the causes of 0 sperms count. Is it possible to have 2nd baby with this report.
Excessive premature atrial contractions (pacs) have been shown to result in atrial fibrillation, stroke and death while excessive premature ventricular contractions (pvcs) have been shown to result in increased heart failure, coronary artery disease and death
I dnt know what medicine doctor giving, he gives the medicine in small boxes, it shows how many drops should dilute in 1/4 water, three times per day. Please doctor why the bleed did not stopped it whether this is good for her ovary or not Please, we did not have child notyet I am 28 & my wife 25.
It has been observed that roughly 3 out of 4 antibacterial bars and soaps contain triclosan which is a certain type of drug previously used in hospital premises. The usage of triclosan in other products like hand wash and gels is yet to be verified and proven safe. Due to lack of proper evaluation there have been a number of instances where antibacterial soap has done more harm than good. Here are a few reasons why you must reconsider using antibacterial soap:
1. It creates bacterial resistance
Triclosan is closely associated with a number of health issues, bacterial resistance being the chief among them. Repeated usage of antibacterial soap can promote the growth of antibiotic resistant bacteria. It might effectively terminate regular bacteria but it is basically useless against the resistant bacteria. The bacteria resistant formula present in these hand washes might cause complications in the long run.
2. It can potentially disrupt endocrine functions
Triclosan has a close resemblance to the thyroid hormone and hence can tip off its receptor sites. This occurrence can lead to major complications like artificially induced early puberty, fertility issues, obesity and sometimes even cancer. Hence it can be said that antibacterial soaps should be avoided in order to prevent such far reaching side effects.
3. It can cause serious health problems in children
Triclosan present in certain hand wash can adversely affect the development of the immune system in children. At a growing age, children develop natural resistance to certain diseases. Prolonged use of antibacterial hand wash and soap can diminish their exposure to bacteria and obstruct the proper development of their immune system. Therefore it is safer to use normal soaps instead which are as effective and do not contain triclosan.
4. It is extremely harmful for the environment
Prolonged and regular usage of hand wash containing triclosan would in turn increase the amount of this drug that gets flushed through the drainage. Triclosan is generally left untreated in the sewage treatment plants which later enters the water bodies and disrupts the food chain since it primarily affects the growth of algae. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My last period was on 6 dec 16 I had sex on 27 dec 16 I have cycle of 26 to 28 days what are the chances of getting pregnant.
I am 35 years old. I am suffer from white discharge long time. Now I hv many problems like joint pain, back pain, hair fall, low immunity, stress and so on. So. SIR, please give me some advice.
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.
2) boost calcium and vitamin d. That means three to four 8-ounce servings of low-fat dairy every day. If you are lactose-intolerant, try hard cheese, yogurt, canned salmon, broccoli, and legumes and fortified products like orange juice. Take 1, 000 to 1, 500 milligrams of calcium daily if you are not getting adequate calcium in your diet.
3) eat more fruits, veggies, whole grains, and legumes. These will give you plenty of disease-fighting antioxidants, more fiber, and less sodium.
Get enough fiber. Legumes, whole-wheat pasta, whole grain cereals, and breads, oatmeal, brown rice, popcorn, and fresh fruits and vegetables all are high in fiber.
4) eat the right proteins. Get a balance of lean protein (like skinless chicken), fatty fish like salmon (with omega-3 fats), and vegetable protein.
5) enjoy a vegetarian meal a few times a week. A plant-based diet can be low-calorie and dense in vitamins, minerals, and disease-fighting antioxidants.
6) cut salt intake. Too much salt is linked to high blood pressure.
7) choose fats wisely. And keep them to a minimum. Avoid trans and saturated fats, like those found in butter, some processed foods, grain-based desserts and dairy desserts, stick margarine, fried foods, snack foods, cheese, pizza, processed meats, donuts, some fast foods and frozen foods, for example" good fats" include many vegetable oils like extra virgin olive oil and canola oil, nuts and seeds, avocado and fish, such as salmon and tuna.
8) curb the sweets. Limit sugary beverages, grain-based desserts, sugars, sweetened dairy products, and other sweets; they can be loaded with calories and have little nutrition.
My friend is suffering through a problem of polycystic ovary syndrome [pcos],and because of it she is not able to reduce he weight. She is doing a good heavy workout which includes running and cardio and having a protein diet which is given by a dietician. It has been a month or more than that. After all these hard work there is no result seen in her body She's is looking all the way same as she was used to look like. It's a request to all the doctors if anyone could give a better advice what she should do to reduce her body weight.
Hi, I am 17 weeks pregnant and I got some pinching like pain in left side near by lower abdomen. Shall I know the reason. I am worrying about this.
What is the reason for heavy flow during periods. This is been happening from few months. But 3 months before donated blood so from 3 months the flow during periods is normal. But how can the heavy flow be avoided or controlled? Will any fruit help?
I am 29 year old female having pregnancy of 5 week 5 days (as per USG report), I am facing too much problem with acidity, which medicine I can take for relief from acidity and any medicine will safe during pregnancy.
Hello doctor, am 26years old n nt married yet bt i have menstrual period problems daily i like to know y like dis happening pls suggest me. Thanks& Regards
3 failed cycles of CCQ and injection HMG 75mg day 2 & 4. Ovulation occurred every time without hcg triggered but didn't conceive. Now this is my 4rth cycle with clomipure day 4 to 8. Lupin injection 75mg day 4, 6, 8 & 9. Today its day 12 and have follicles of 10*6 and 6*4 in right ovary And 9*9mm and 8mm in left ovary. Doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 16. How much possibility of ovulation is thr?
I was rubbing my wife's vagina with my penis from the outside unprotected. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Or chance of std's?
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.