Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Payal SharmaYour feedback matters!
A fundamental aspect of eye care and the long-term prevention of vision loss for patients with diabetes mellitus involves the identification of specific retinal pathologies and the subsequent determination of the severity of diabetic retinopathy. Traditionally, this has been accomplished through individualized assessments by experienced eye care professionals, preferably following pupillary dilation. However, given that it is estimated that there will be more than half a billion persons with diabetes by 2030, necessitating nearly 2000 eye examinations per minute just to evaluate those in need once every year, this approach to retinal evaluation is unlikely to be sustainable by health care systems globally. Furthermore, despite multiple national and international initiatives to increase access and promote awareness regarding the need for eye examinations for all persons with diabetes, only approximately 18% to 60% of persons undergo examinations that attain the recommended ocular examination guidelines.
While at mid of sleep during night my right eye ball started burning like hell, fluid was flowing from the eye and the nerves near eye ball was fully red. The burn was so severe that I had to get up and put some water in eyes, but that was not the solution for it. After that I couldnt sleep due to pain/burn. Though the burn lessen down after hours, but still I am having some pain. What is the reason and what should I do?
I have red eyes and also having pain in eyes. It is just because I uses a eye drop since that time it is being pain whole time Advise me what to do now?
Hello sir, I am taking glaucoma medication from last 3 years. I am 30yr old. My doctor says I need to take medicine for life long. Is there any alternative, if no then I am thinking of trying ayurvedic, please advise.
My 5 years old daughter has vision issue: Right Eye (Spherical: +0.00 Cylindrical: -02.50, Axis: 175), Left Eye (Spherical: +0.00 Cylindrical: -02.50, Axis: 05) I am looking for non-surgical solution to improve her vision so that she can live spectacle free life.
Hello Dr. I'm 22 years old girl. Approx. 25 days phle rat ko soyi morning mei uthi to meri left eye red thi or swell thi hlka pain tha maine fir 2 din I-TONE eye drop use kiya meri redness swelling khtm ho gyi but mujhe meri left eye bahot uncomfortable si lg rhi eye open krne close krne pr bharipan sa lg rha aankho mei mobile laptop use krne mei mere eyes mei bahot jldi pani aa ja rha and most imp. Thing mai apni right eye close kr k left eye se dekh rhi to hlka blur vision aa rha. Mai pichle 25 din mei 4 Doctors ko dikha chuki sbse consult kiya sbne med. Prescribe kri kaha koi prblm nhi med. Se shi ho jayega test krwaye sb normal bta rhe vision test krwaya usme 0.25 ka diff. Aa rha left aayi mei Doctor ne kaha spects ki jrurat nahi hai sahi ho jayega but mai pichle 25 din se paresan hu apni eyes ko lekr smjh ni aa rha kya karu sare doctors kah rhe koi problem ni hai but mujhe continuously problem ho rhi. Please suggest me mujhe kya krna chahiye kya mujhe spects lgane chahiye if lgati hu to kya usse recover ho jayega puri trah ya lifelong Spects use krna hoga ya fir bina spects k sirf kisi medicines se recover ho skta hai? Please help me mai pareshan ho gyi hu 25 din se sare Doctors ko dikha kar medicines kr k but meri jo problem hai usme koi relief ni ho rha.
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from myopia is there any way to correct it without using spectacle.
I suddenly have lost a lot of weight bcoz of which my eyes got sunken I have sunken eyes and Its not coming back to normal I eat properly and drink lots of water now but still there seems to be no improvement also I use hyaluronic acid gel under my eyes but its still sunken plzz help me and please suggest a cheap method as I am still a student and can't afford the costly fillers and surgeries please help me also I smoke don't know if its relevant to it.Please tell sir .
My eyes are so weak and I'm regular eyeglass user. I want to get tips to improve my eyesight so that I don't have to wear eyeglasses all the time.
I have the problems of eye watering immediately after eating and while reading news papers, this problems stated about 8 years back .please help.
My eyes where paining from past three days. What should I do please advice me the best thing l can do?
I am 24 years old male and have eye sight 2.5 and 2.7 and am using contact lens but am thinking about to have lasic lazer opperation? and question is what are advantages for lasic? and this opparation is for perminent solution for sight? please explain dr.
Hii, I m goru My que is about to weakness of eyes What is the best treatment for eyes? And hair disorder also.
Visual disorders are seen to develop in school going children and should be taken care of with utmost care as neglecting such disorders may affect their learning ability. They might find it hard to adjust and cope in school. Some of the common visual disorders which children are affected with are mentioned below. Read more to find out about them:
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia is a medical condition in which an eye has developed poor vision. It is also known as 'Lazy Eye'. It occurs when the vision in one eye is significantly better than the other. Amblyopia occurs due to strabismus or misaligned eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: Conjunctivitis or 'Pink Eye' occurs in children due to allergic reaction which is not contagious or due to bacterial or viral infections which are very contagious. If infected with conjunctivitis, it is advisable to stay at home to avoid spreading the infection.
- Myopia: Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. In this condition, the cornea is steep and the rays of light fall in front of the retina. This leads closer objects to look clear but far off objects to look blurred.
- Hyperopia: Hyperopia implies farsightedness. In this condition, the eye is shorter than normal hence the rays of light cannot focus clearly on the retina. This results in objects close at hand appear blurred. Reading a book or threading a needle becomes difficult.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism is a condition in which both near and far off images appear blurred. In this condition, the cornea which is naturally circular is stretched in either horizontal or vertical direction. Astigmatism can occur along with myopia or hyperopia.
- Blocked tear duct: When the tear ducts are partially or completely obstructed, it hampers the drainage of tears and results in a chronically, watery infected eye. You are advised to consult an ophthalmologist if such a condition occurs.
- Orbital Cellulitis: Cellulitis generally occurs due to an eyelid infection or an upper respiratory Infection. Cellulitis includes swelling of the eyelids and fever. It is a serious medical condition and it is recommended to consult a doctor for consultation.