Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Payal Saini
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Payal SainiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have last 9 years skin itch and underweight in this disease I take to continue levocetirizine tablets 5 mg as per doctors consultation and other skin injections I request to kindly solve my long time problem.
Hi, when I was about 10 or 12 I had problem of ear infection with pus. Then I took medicine and today I am 24 years old and I have no pain in my year. Few days back I visited ENT, he told me that I have tiny hole in my ear drum, however I don't feel any pain in my ear. So I want to know is it possible to cure this hole without surgery.
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and some other symptoms which are similar to Herpes. It all started with a fever that happened 2 years ago. Since then I have been experiencing these blisters and other such symptoms on a regular basis. Want to know how should I get sure that I have herpes or not? Which test is required? And what is the cure/treatment that I can take for herpes?
I have a savior case of PCOS n have a irregular periods, weight gain, facial hairs. I have a 6 years boy n I want to convince again please help me.
Hello I am 22 years old boy I am taking cilpam plus prescribed by my psychiatrist. A week ago I reduced the dose by half by after some days I am facing problems like breathlessness today I checked my bp at home my bp was 115-70 and pulse rate was 110. Is this dangerous. What should I do please suggest.
I have coughed so much but only when winter season comes its only dry cough. Give me any solution please.
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disorder. Although it is non-contagious, the disease is quite complex. Erythematous plaques with silvery scales appear on skin layers, which basically characterize the disease. This excessive increase of cell division in the basal layer of the skin, results in increased proliferation on skin layers.
The symptoms of psoriasis vary from person to person. Some of the common symptoms of psoriasis are the following:
- Raised, red patches of skin topped with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees or elbows
- Thick, red patches known as plaques, and dry, silvery scales appearing on the scalp, face, elbows, knees, palms, and soles of the feet.
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
Causes of Psoriasis According To Ayurveda
Acharya Charak has described the involvement of vata and kapha in ekkushtha or psoriasis. Accumulation of toxins or ama could also lead to this condition.
- Viruddha Aahar (Opposite diet or contradictory foods) and Mithya Ahara (Improper Diet)
- Excessive intake of yogurt, seafoods, salty foods, black gram and sour foods, spicy foods, fermented foods, maida (fine flour), and bakery products, junk foods and fast foods, refrigerated and cold foods may contribute to psoriasis.
- Mithya Vihara (Improper Lifestyle)
- An irregular lifestyle disrupts the digestive process and creates imbalance in the doshas.
- Adrista Hetu (Unknown Cause)
- Excessive Physical and Mental Stress
- Leading a stressful life or too much consumption of alcohol and tobacco can also trigger psoriasis.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Psoriasis
Ayurvedic treatment of psoriasis includes counseling, lifestyle management, diet management and ayurvedic external and internal treatment. In the case of scalp psoriasis, shirodhara with proper oils is also a very effective treatment. Treatment may also include stress management, oral Ayurvedic medicines, immunomodulators for immunity, topical treatments, regular follow up appointments and yoga and meditation to relieve mental stress. The blend of natural herbs and elements, which are extremely beneficial for the health and skin. The panchakarma therapy in Ayurveda is strong enough to cure psoriasis effectively. The therapy includes a thorough detoxification of the whole body system and removal of all harmful toxins from body fluids. Thus the main aim is to purify the blood system and restore the digestive system in order to prevent the disease.
It is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to adapt to this condition. Regular exercise is also very important. Yogic asanas and pranayam can help to keep the mind and body fit and healthy.
Few precautions for psoriasis patients:
- Psoriasis patients should say no to acidic food products like urad dal, radish, sesame, jaggery etc.
- Patients with psoriasis should practice yoga on a regular basis to prevent the disease.
- Psoriasis patients should not use chemical skin products. Instead, they should use natural cleansers like besan.
- Picking, scratching or peeling of skin should strongly be avoided.
- Usage of cotton clothes is recommended.
Here are some natural Ayurvedic home remedies, which are helpful for psoriasis patients:
- Cover the affected part with a banana leaf to fade the reddish patches.
- Soak 15 sesame seeds overnight in a glass of water and drink it early morning on an empty stomach.
- Consume half a glass of bitter gourd juice in the morning for 5-6 months.
For more information, you can visit a professional Ayurvedic practitioner.