Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Payal ChaudharyYour feedback matters!
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
I've heard of the contraceptive pill 'novelon' Is it safe to consume by my wife? Have been seeing a lot of side effects in the internet. Any other good contraceptive pills to suggest? The pills which are safe to use with zero side effects?
Good day great doctors, I and my wife had unprotected sex on the 15th and 16th of last month, so my wife took postinor 2 on the 15th and 17th of last month, so what I mean is that she took two packets, the first one that contains two tables and the second one that also contain two tablets. And after along wait, she decided to carry out pregnancy test about two days ago but the test was NEGATIVE. So I'm scared what might happen to her. Pls doctors I need help and more info bout this. Thanks.
Can dual markers blood test for testing down syndrome in fetus happens in the 14th week? I am 13 weeks 4 days pregnant. Please advise.
Hello Doctor, My age is 31 years. I am trying to conceive for more than 2 year but no luck. I did 4 follicle cycles but no rupture no ovulation even after Hcg Injections. My recent Hormone test results are AMH <0.30, FSH 2.24, LH 1.52, Prolactin 28.70. TSH 3.150. My pelvis ultrasound says Uterus is Anteverted measuring 6.5*5.8*3.9cm and shows a homogenous myometrial echotexture. There is no evidence of any fibroid seen. Right ovary measures 3.4*1.7cm and shows two, small, follicles measuring 1.4*0.6cm and 0.6*0.5cm. Left ovary measures 4.0*3.1cm and shows a thin walled clear cycst measuring 2.8*2.3cm. My Hysteroscopy was done yesterday as per the report some small poly was there which is removed through laser and some blood flow was not happening which has been corrected. I am asked to go for IVF with donor egg due to low Amh. Will some yoga or any other treatment help me to improve my Amh level If I undergo IVF with donor egg will the child be like me I am bit worried for donor egg. Or before going for IVF should I try naturally for 4 months or I need to hurry for IVF in 2 months only. Do we get mediclaim for IVF.
HI, I am 25 years old. I am married 2.5 years ago. We are practicing sex daily but no results. Is it necessary to do sex in Periods. What should we do?
When periods arrive I feel mentally and physically weak. How should I overcome from them. At this time can I do physical activities like cycling etc.
My periods hs started on 1 august en it will be end 4 or 5 August en my cycle duration was 30 dyz but dis tym I had my periods 5 days late but lastly my date ws on 26 june dis tym I hd on 1 august, before it my cycle wz on tym. So my question z if I want to get pregnant wt would b my fertility period. How long I should tke intercourse bcz me en my partner doesn't live together. But now we r planning for child. please help us we r really worried.
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight
I am in my second month of pregnancy. I started getting blotchy pigmentation patches like chloasma on my face. Is there any remedy to prevent them from developing and erasing them? Are they due to progesterone supplements?
Why do breast sag? Is sagging of breast is a problem? What are the precautions to be taken to cure it?
Hello mam I had an intercourse on 27th od december. I.e 7th day of my period. And took unwanted 72 widen 2 hours. I got little bleeding in urine after 7 to 8 days of sex. Its more then a month today. My period date was 21. Its got delayed. Can I know whats the issue?
Coming to know the secret way to happiness and that too from the world's happiest man does make your day special indeed. According to the findings of a group of scientists, Matthieu Richard has been proclaimed as the world's happiest man. This person has shared the simple ways of living a happy life. The key to happiness is now at your disposal.
- Acknowledging the good things is absolutely vital: Thanking can go a long way in deciding how happy you are at heart. It is absolutely vital as it helps you to be conscious of your humility. It also helps you to feel grateful for things that could have been otherwise but fortunately aren't. When you thank a person, you let feelings of contentment take hold of you. Peace can be synonymous to happiness at times.
- Acceptance from oneself should be cherished more: There is no end to aspiring for higher goals and similarly no end to competing with ones who are seemingly better off. At the end of the day, this leads to lack of calm and confidence. It creates a lot of turmoil within your mind. A person can better his or her chances of advancement by accepting his/her qualities and limitations all the same. You cannot expect acceptance from strangers unless you wholeheartedly accept yourself.
- Developing resilience is of utmost importance: Being resilient is one characteristic that can make you sail through thick or thin. Giving up in dire times of need is a bad way to anticipate happiness of any kind. One needs to be resilient in times of stress and believe in positivity. There should be faith in the fact that 'hurdles are meant to pass'. An attitude such as this helps you deal happily with life and you're never too insecure with your share of happiness.
- Exercising is a must: People who exercise regularly have been reported with lesser amount of depression related problems in comparison to the ones who barely move an inch. The human body can be made to experience the benefits of the happy hormone "serotonin" through diligent exercising.
- Keep away from the company of depressive people: The kind of people you hang around with can have a great impression on your general disposition. Listening to depressing stuff tends to discourage you. To be happy, you must avoid the company of gloomy people.