Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with mouth ulsar problem. After every 3, months it causes to me. Everytime I take complex and reinifall to fill folic acid deficiency. But it stops temporarily. Can you suggest me the permanent treatment for this?
Any home remedies to make yellow teeth as white teeth? And does baking soda helps for this or it causes side effect?
I have cavity problem. whenever I take cold water or ice cream there is sensitive. What should I do.
There is a whitish skin in side may chick, I also have some pain there and I split blood sometimes which comes out of the gums. What should I do?
I am 18 years old. From january to up to know. I ate 40 to 50 white peppermint candies. Not every day. Maybe 3 or 4 days in in 3 months. Now I stopped eating mints am I will be alright. Did not have any teeth cavities up to now.
My mother feels pain n burning in the gums, at night while sleeping the pus comes out. The mouth is always dry. What is the reason and cure. Is there any permanent cure or any home remedy? Please help.
I need to implement braces, so please give me information for this if age does matter. And what will be changes and duration.
I have habit of eating rajnigandha my tooth had turned in yellow colour I had referred to a dentist he had advice me for tooth cleaning I did the same. But now after a week I again find my tooth getting bad again. Is there any permanent solution for it? Please help.
Hi Dr. my name is sahil. I m facing pain in my upper last tooth from the past 2-3days. please provide a solution.
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.