Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I have a son of 4 1/2 years he often gets cold every now & then why does he get cold every time if I give him kerala banana will it effect him from cold & he likes to drink milk from the feeder. He don't leave his feeder.
My son about 9 years old is a patient of ADHD.He has no interest about any kind of teaching & learning. He has destructive nature.
My 6 months old baby unhappy always and irritated all the time what should I do shall I go for child counselling shown to 6 pediatrician in my city all says he is perfectly normal but doesn't want to lay down want to be held always worried very muc doesn't show interest in toys too plzz help.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Using tooth picks
The worst habit you could possibly have when you have food lodgement in the mouth is using a tooth pick to get rid of it. We often try and use this as an acceptable habit even socially but few things are grosser than watching people pick out food bits after meals. If you have a cavity get it fixed. We have numerous cases where the toothpicks have either injured the gums and caused a larger infection or even worse broken in the cavity and triggered of even more pain. So stay safe from dental emergencies do not use tooth picks! while it's important to prevent food lodgement in the mouth and keep your mouth clean use things like brushes interdental brushes and floss sticks or dentists to help you do the same without harming you!
Using a hard or medium brush.
The oldest myth we have seen is brushing your teeth with a hard or medium brush. Please terminate this habit right away ensure you switch to a soft brush at the earliest.
We do not need more teeth ruined or worn off due to overzealous brushing. We see cases with the entire left side worn down and sensitive and I can tell the person is a right handed vigorous brusher. The softer the brush the better it bends and cleans between teeth as well. The gums also recede due to repeated trauma from the hard bristles so save your mouth from these constant attacks in the name of cleaning.
Scrubbing your teeth
The same principle applies when you switch from a hard to soft or extra soft brush don't apply so much pressure that the teeth and gums are still braving the injury.
You need to brush gently as though cleaning glass the force being minimum the reach and coverage being maximum!
So scrubbing is a habit we need to stop.
Not brushing at night
One of the best things we can do to avoid the dentist or any dental troubles is brushing at night. When it comes to cleaning your teeth frequency matters more than force. Ensuring you clean every 12 hours makes bacterial attacks that cause decay inactive so whenever we skip brushing at night we may not realise but it's definitely costing us.
The first sign of dental pain and we instinctively choose to ignore it hoping it will go away and if it doesn't we want to go ahead and pop a painkiller till it does. Masking the problem will actually make it bigger -while we all know this we prefer to accept the instant relief the medication provides over the tedious dental visit that may end with bad news. But imagine if we had gone at the very first sign of trouble most likely we would get away with a dental cleaning -the later we go the more often we need to go for extensive treatments.
Let's try and muster the courage to nip these problems in the bud -a habit to develop show up at the very first sign of trouble.
Do it yourself dentistry (diy) at home
We have all been our own dentists at some point!
From self medication to oral applications and home remedies when all else fails we make an appointment.
A few things are harmful and should be used with care when attempting our own dental care.
We recommend mild things like oral rinses or applications which relieve pain but do not use aspirin or any other pain killer to crush and put in the site, that can cause burns.
Also clove oil is a safe remedy but not cloves which can be sharp and hurt your cheek.
Do not try to remove shaking teeth or attempt any procedures the bleeding can be profuse and the damage severe.
In case of trauma ice to freeze the blows and water to clean the wound will work best.
In the age of technology and information let's not fall prey to easily avoidable dental habits that harm you more than they help you.
Write to us or call us at 9209200024 if you have any queries.
My daughters age is ten yrs. She is suddenly becomes silent without any reason for few seconds and again becomes normal. This is happening since six months. Why is it happening.
The stress of a modern lifestyle have taken a toll on the mental health of the population all over the world. Earlier, it was adults who were mostly affected by the problems of depression, anxiety and stress. However, with the passage of time, even children are also suffering from major mental health problems, the roots of which again are anxiety, stress and depression.
Reasons behind it
Be it adults or children, the major cause of health issues is stress. Stress doesn’t only cause mental health problems, but serious physiological disorders as well such as hypertension, diabetes, heart diseases, sexual problems as well as other issues. If the anxiety or stress persists, it would then slowly develop into a pattern of the mind and then become conditioned, thus leading to depression. Nowadays, children are also being afflicted by depression. Similar to adults, depression in children is caused due to any combination of factors that are related to life events, physical health, family history, genetic vulnerability, environment and biochemical disturbance. It should be noted that depression is not just a passing phase. The symptoms are often left undiagnosed as well as untreated. This is because they are passed off as normal psychological and emotional changes that occur naturally during growth.
Some of the typical symptoms are:
1. Loss of interest in pleasurable activities such as hobbies or crafts which were pursued earlier eagerly
2. Loss of concentration
3. Sudden outbursts
4. Sleeping too much or sleeping too little, suddenly waking up early in the morning
5. Constant fatigue, decreased energy and being slower than usual at tasks
6. Excessively low appetite or increased appetite which would thus result in weight loss or binge eating resulting in weight gain
7. The development of physiological disorders which may stop responding to treatment. Many children develop headaches or digestion problems which aren’t resolved by medication.
8. Always sad or irritable or in a depressed mood
9. May find it difficult to sleep or concentrate on work and thus, studies and grades may suffer
10. Extreme and sudden mood changes accompanied by incessant crying
11. Suicidal thoughts
12. Loss of energy as well as lowered self esteem
With children, you have to be extra careful not to ill-diagnose the problems and if they persist for more than a few weeks, you should seek professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 25 years old .I have one year old child nd hi depends on breast feed. After delivery my wait is put on so what can I do to reduce my weight My baby is also do breast feed.
My 4-years old child is very aggressive. He is always breaking something here and there. We are fed up of his behavior. He is excessively active and adamant. How do we teach him manners?
My baby is 2 years 4 months, ulcer is spread throughout his mouth, doctors are saying he is having viral infection. He is admitted in the hospital. Doctora are giving him saline. But he is not having any food. Can you please suggest what can I give him to eat, so taht he can eat something. He has stopped eating.
Children need a variety of different foods each day.
Snacks are an important part of a healthy diet for active children.
Make snacks nutritious, not just high in energy.
Plan to share meals as a family.
Enjoy talking and sharing the day’s happenings at mealtimes.
Let children tell you when they’re full.
Give your child lunch to take from home.
Let children help with food preparation and meal planning.
Encourage physical activities for the whole family.
Encourage children to drink plain water.