Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParvinYour feedback matters!
For i. G have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I ussd scar removal cream for 1 years but didn't see any changes. What should I do??????
Dear doctor, I am suffering with syringoma from many days. I consult a doctor and ask about laser but he said it is risk and he advised me for other way of treatment. But he said there will be a chance for scares. So that is the reason am thinking to remove that. So please suggest me what I have to do now is there any other treatment for this problem without getting any scars. Is there any treatment in Ayurveda or homeopathy.
I have white marks on my face what you should I do to remove white marks I have used many antiseptic creams also.
Hi I am 22 year old. My skin color is like priyanka chopra. How can I get more fair skin like karen kapoor. I tried all home remedies nd collegian ayurveda cream. But I didn't see any change in my face.
Avarta undereye cream or under eye cream for undereye wrinkles and darkcircles? I have very bad darkcircles! please suggest some really good undereye creams.
I am suffering from constipation. Because of which there are pimples all over my face what would you recommend?
Hi sir I am suffering from chickenpox. Now very black crust is on my body so please suggest me what should I do for nomarks on the body. Some black crust is rolled as dried and like wound is there.
Hi I am 25 Yr Old and am suffering pigmentation problem and this is distributing my all bodies like forehead legs and underarms also I am very street for that please suggest me.
Which foods will heal my intestinal scratches quickly, as blood comes with my stool sometimes. Name the foods to sooth it and heal it quickly.
Sir. I want to know how I will get tid of my black lips? I don't even smoke. They are getting black. N my family is thinking that I smoke cigarette! So plzzzzz Sir, tell me how to get rid of it?
I am 25 years old I am man and my problem is that my skin is very oily and pimples and pimples sopt is very dark.
their ate some infection seen on my fingers. At night it etching so badly, I got temporary relief from putting oil. At day time it look like small layer skin. What it is. Is serious skin decease? What is permanent solution and how it been cure.
I am 22 years old female. My skin color is whitish I use all medicine cream but no effects. How should I change my skin color black to fair?
Hi. I am 26, married male. I have a lump in my right chest. Under my nipple. Painful sometimes. Is it serious?
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)