Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ParvinYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old girl. I have freckles on my face mostly on my cheeks and nose. I have done chemical peel already once as it was suggested. But I have still 40% freckles on my face. Should I do the chemical peel again or there is another permanent solution for this. Any daily remedy or anything please suggest.
A chemical peel is a chemical where an acid solution is used for the removal of damaged outer layers of the skin. Alpha hydroxyl acids and trichloroacetic acids are used in chemical peels. Phenol is also applied to the skin. Chemical peels help to improve the appearance of the skin on the hands, neck and the face. The peel when applied to the skin causes it to exfoliate and eventually peels off. The new skin is much smoother and less wrinkled.
Chemical peels are of several types:
- Superficial peels: In this type, alpha hydroxyl acid is used to penetrate the outer layer of the skin and exfoliate it gently. Superficial peels are used for improving the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin.
- Medium peels: In medium peels, trichloroacetic acid is used for penetrating the middle layers of the skin to remove damaged cells. Improvement in age spots, lines and wrinkles can be done using medium peels. Rough skin is smoothened.
- Deep peels: These are the most aggressive types of peels, which helps to treat coarse wrinkles, severely sun damaged skin and even pre-cancerous growth. In the case of deep peels, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is used to remove damaged cells on the skin. Skin appearance is improved drastically.
Conditions treated with chemical peels
- Chemical peels are used for the treatment of certain conditions such as:
- Reduction of fine lines which occur under the eyes or around the mouth.
- Treatment of wrinkles which are caused due to sun damage or old age using chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in improving the appearance of mild scars on the skin surface.
- Several types of acne are cured by chemical peels.
- Chemical peels help in reducing the age spots, freckles and dark patches known as melasma, which occur because of pregnancy or because of taking birth control pills.
- The overall look and feel of the skin is improved after using chemical peels.
After a chemical peel treatment is done, the skin becomes extra sensitive to the sun.
Are chemical peels safe?
Chemical peels are very effective and provide perfect rejuvenation to the skin. Chemical peels are quite safe and have several benefits.
- Chemical peels help in restoring your wrinkled, blotchy and sun damaged skin, making it fresh and youthful.
- There are three major types of chemical peels, which offer different benefits. The light chemical peel helps in improving the acne scars and enhances skin texture. The medium peels help in smoothening wrinkles and correcting the age spots. The deep chemical peels treat skin damage due to the sun.
- Chemical peels involve the use of chemicals or acid to improve the appearance and condition of the skin. This procedure is very effective and satisfactory results are obtained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.