Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
My father has got a heart attack and he is unconscious since 7hrs. He is kept in observation now. For how long will he be unconscious and whn will he be OK.
My mother have bp from last 10 years now she got diabetes too her diabetes is FBS 108 Pbs 169 the problem is her bp 140/100. So please suggest me some natural remedies to decrease it.
I am a 28 year old male. My chest get pain so I am checked up sonography. Came to results. Minimal right hydronephrosis with hydrohureter with 4mm sized calculus in lower ureter. What to do ?
I am 46 years deficient in Vitamin B12. Which diet I should follow chicken or egg my cholesterol is also border level. Can I take riboflavin tablets also.
Hello doctor, My baby girl of 3 months 10 days is having a 0.53cm small perimembranous VSD with left to right shunt with mild enlargement in LA/LV. We found both BSD and ÀSD at her age of 25 days. But now ASD has been closed but VSD size is remaining same. My question is what treatment we have to give her now?
I am suffering from dry cough. I have pain in my chest whenever I use to cough. Can you tell me what should I have to do to reduce my cough?
Sir my father recently got stent implantation even though after a week he got expired what is the reason for it?
Sometimes a pain in my heart. This pain hurt me very much. Can you suggest me what can I do and what should be my next step at all?
I am 57 having since last 20 years, using telmisartan 40 mg with amlodipine 50 mg now added with minipress 2.5 mg (prazosin with hcl)-what's purpose, how much safer, getting heart sinking feeling but now bp is 135-85 previously 160-105, any reason of such feeling?
Recently I gone through the blood & urine tests lft kft lipid profile hemogram etc & find high cholesterol of 240, high glucose rate of 240 in fasting & 375 in pp. High glucose in urine also. High esr rate also. Also done hba1c & very higher rate of 12.7 & I m shocked after this I never seen these type of tests results earlier in my life. It means am I diabetic patient now or if yes then what type of diabetes this is, is I have to take insulin now daily? What to do now what type of diet I have to follow? Which medicines I have to take for high cholesterol & high sugar. Is am now a heart patient too?
My marriage is 8 years running from last two months I have not interested in sex I want to do sex but I can't if I do that last for hardly 2 minutes. My cholesterol is little bit high. So please suggest me I am always in tension.
I am 18 years old man. I am suffering from chest pain just above my heart from one year. I have used some pain relief tablets but no benefit.
I frequently keep suffering from cold and now currently pain in my chest left side. Suggest me some medicine.
After finishing my food or some time before finish my food I feel pain between my left chest and stomach, at the time I couldn't sit for long time, lying on bed is need to release from that pain, I am feeling this problem more than two years.
I am 38 yrs old male, recently my triglyceride has come high (477) rest of the blood test ok though liver is found fatty gr ii. Can I reduce it using exercise, diet and omega supplements?
Many heart attack patients are concerned about resuming sexual relations. Some patients worry they are not healthy enough and that sexual activity will put too much strain on the heart or cause another heart attack. Partners of heart attack patients often worry about these issues even more so than the patient. As a result of these concerns, many couples are reluctant to resume sexual activity.
Most patients are safely able to resume sexual relations at some point after a heart attack. The strain on the heart during sexual intercourse is about the same as from walking up two flights of stairs. However, specific recommendations for resuming sexual relations depend on a number of factors, including the severity of the heart attack and the degree of residual heart function. The decision to resume sexual relations should be discussed with a physician.
Some men and women become depressed after a heart attack, which can interfere with sexual drive and performance. In addition, men who are taking beta-blockers may experience erectile dysfunction. Abrupt discontinuation of these medications is dangerous and discontinuation should be discussed with a physician.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.