Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Parul SachdevaYour feedback matters!
I'm a 57 yr. Olld lady. I have been diagnosed with cataract (early stage) in my left eye, is it advisable to get the cataract operated at this ealy stage/shoild I wait till the cataract matures?(please Note I am suffering from an auto immune disease of the same left eye and undergoing treatment with eye drop viz. Flosoft)
I am 47 old having regular pain in both legs below the knees while in idle time. I am working in a private institution where there is no respect, no system of work, no regular schedule of time and treats the people frequently in abusing manner. As this institution is a big institute. Therefore I feel always unsecured, unhappy and in a threatening.
Got 6 minus in left eye and 7 minus no. In right eye and age is just 19 yet also height problem how to cure this is any hope is there or else have to be with this whole life?
Mujhe face to face bat karne me bahut problem hota he eye contact nahi ban pata he. Sar me or aankho me bharipan ho jata he.
I am suffering from high quality of eye doses its really so irritated me I can not bare it its really so teasing me I really want your help please do something fast I really can not bear.
I always have headache. I dnt have Specks as I had eye check up recently. What would be done in such case.
My eyes get tired very soon, they dry up and become itchy. If I rub it for sometime it gets red and itchiness continues. I also start sneezing.
Hi my Age is 25 and a healthy personality. I've small pain sometimes on my chest also my eyes are going reddish I'm a software engineer can you advice me for over come them.
My wife has episceleretis and the doctor has said not to use any drops or steroids and instead has given ibuprofen 400 mg 3 times a day. She had shown 3 doctors before and no respite, as the redness of eye would reoccur in 1 month, is this the right treatment what she has now, please guide.
Hello, I am 49 year old female. I am feeling itchy and dry eye. I feel heavy ness in eyes. I am diabetes. What should I do?
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.
Hi I am a 17 year old female. I have been some facing problems in my eyes for about a month. Problems I been facing are: head ache, running eyes, feeling weight on my head, eye paining while looking blackboard and books. Please help!
Underwent cataract surgery 2 years ago. Now unable to read news paper from left eye. My doctor says laser will correct the thickening of eye muscle. Shall I undergo the laser beam procedure? Is it safe?
7 days before me c3r eye operation done lens from my eye removed today. Can I wash my face with water?
I have some sight, I want to take the glasses off! Is there any possibility that I can get the perfect vision again.
I have a lot of pain and suffering in my eyes and my eyes turned to red color. What will I do? Please help me.
Hi Permanent lens can be done in both the eyes at same time? Can we do swimming n facial on face etc? Can we feel that we have normal eye?
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.