Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Partham KhushiYour feedback matters!
I hv been suffering from 40 % hearing loss in left ear since may 2014. Is it viral infection or any other causes. It happened when I was travelling in my ac car during hot day
My mother has high blood pressure for years, more than 10 years and she has to take medicine[prescribed at the polyclinic] daily to control the pressure from increasing, thing is if she skip the medicine, the reading does goes up and sometimes she skip the medicine taking with intention as she strongly believe long period consumption of'western' medicine is detrimental to one's body organs. So she prefer non-medication method from hear-say basis, like consuming certain vegetables, is there truth in this non-medication approach? How do we manage hypertension? Is medication the only option? And is it true that with hypertension, getting work-up, angry, excited must be avoided at all means because this will lead to heart attack?
I am 34 years old and suffering from severe headache for the last 5 yrs. I feel numbness in my head. Also I am facing hearing problems. So please give me your valuable advice ?
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf'?: Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations
6. You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.