Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Partham Khushi
Submit a review for Dr. Partham KhushiYour feedback matters!
Sir, I'm 20 year old. I have hearing and speech problem from 6 year. I take BTE Aids in both ear from AIIMS, DELHI but I feeling that it's no useful. please help me sir. Thnx.
Dr. Sir, I suffer from profound Hearing loss. I am Male 68 yrs, Veg, 74 Kgs, Non Smoker. My Doctor advised me to take "High Res CT Scan Temporal Bone (Bilateral) Does this give only the cause/source for Hearing loss OR does it give any other problems (not related to Hearing) also. OR can we include some other tests also, to check if there are any other problems. Please clarify.
I want to know hearing song in headphone in low volume for 2 to 3 hr. continually is effective for hearing very much.
Mera right ear se last 2 years se kam sunayi deta tha my right ear audiogram was 55-60 decibel tha then I consult a doctor and he told me that tumhare ear ki haddi gal gy h operation krna pdega your last 3 june 2015 ko mara right ear ka operation hua after operation doctor told me that apki ear ki haddi gali nahi thi but haddi jam thi and now last 8 months symary left ear may bi sssssss ki awaz hoti h aur kan ke party pr kbi kbi bheep bheep ki awaz hoti h our left ear sy kam bi sunai deta h aur teeth apas may bhichny par left ear ky party pr chit chit ki awaj hoti h. I consult my doctor and now he suggest me operation for my left year too. Please help me suggest me that after operation mujhe koi dikkat to ni hogi.
Hi, my mother is 42, year old she had pain in her joint specially in foot and back what should be done for curing this and tell about the medicines which should be taken. Thank you for listening me. And please reply as early as possible.
I am suffering from weakness of ear nerves. 2-3 year ago. My hearing audiometry is above 45db. What should I do to improve it.
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
Hi doc, when I skip playing notes on guitar I get angry soon by the anger I'm unable to play guitar from professional I become beginner. And the distortion sound does it damage our ear drum?
I have this hearing loss in my left ear which has tinnitus. My right ear is fine. No tinnitus, no hearing loss. It has been this way for over a year now.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.