Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Parmila BhutaniYour feedback matters!
I am 46 but now irritate that my penis react daily and I need to have sex daily. Now my wife just full a. D unable to handle me. What to do.
Whether amoxicilin or ciprofloxacilin is the best suited drug for cellulites in left leg of a 85 year old lady as one Dr. prescribed for amoxicilin and another prescribed for cifran500.
I am having loose motion and feeling weak since this morning. vomited also twice. Is this a symptom for anything? If yes tell me the medicine and precaution.
My sex power is very low and I never satisfied my partner. I feel low while having sex. I am over within 2-3 mints. Kindly help.
Addison’s disease is a disorder caused due to significant damage in the adrenal cortex (located alongside the adrenal gland’s perimeter that helps mediate stress reaction), which leads to a deficiency in the secretion of the hormones ‘aldosterone’ (that regulates the sodium and potassium level of the body), ‘androgen’ and ‘cortisol’ (which control the body’s reaction in situations of intense pressure) by the adrenal glands.
There are generally two stages of Addison’s disease. The causes vary according to the stages:
In the primary stage of the disorder, the body’s immune system attacks the adrenal cortex and significantly damages it.
Other significant causes are as follows:
- This might occur as a result of the development of tumors and cancerous cells in the body
- Resulting from certain infections
- Long-term usage of glucocorticoids (inflammation reducing steroids) might result in the primary adrenal insufficiency
- This might also be caused due to tuberculosis or severe bleeding in the adrenal glands.
If you’re suffering from any one of the following complications, your chances of contracting Addison’s disease increase significantly:
- Cancer or if you have undergone any surgery to remove parts of the adrenal gland
- Tuberculosis or diabetes.
- Frequent usage of coagulants
The treatment of Addison’s disease varies according to the cause of the disorder.
The most common treatments for the disorder include:
- A prescribed dosage of glucocorticoids might be recommended
- Replacement of the hormones that the adrenal glands are unable to produce: Cortisone acetate or prednisone might be used in order to replace the ‘cortisol’ hormone.
- Meditation or other relaxing techniques to ease excessive stress levels or manage any trauma that you have been through.