Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Parmeen SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Oats though seemingly dull, accompanied by a bowlful of milk can form a very nutritious meal. It is packed with fiber which is very essential to regulate your digestive system. Oats are low in calories and help you maintain your waistline. Here are a few reasons why you should add oats to your regular diet-
1. Oats fill you up - Oats are packed with fiber which keeps you full for a while. A bowlful of cooked oats contains only about 150 calories and yet it manages to stave off your hunger because of its high fiber content. The absorption and digestion process slows down when you eat oats thereby restricting your appetite and calorie intake. Oats keep you full for a longer time than other calorie-rich meal and delays the hunger pangs.
2. Oats help reduce cholesterol - According to studies, people suffering from high blood cholesterol could reduce their cholesterol levels by consuming 3 grams of soluble fiber every day. Oats contain the highest amount of soluble fiber among all whole grains (4 grams per cup). The gel-like soluble fiber transits the intestinal tract and aids in trapping substances which contribute to the rise in blood cholesterol level.
3. Oats are diabetes-friendly - Oatmeal is a perfect substitute for meals high in sugar and saturated fat. It helps to control the level of glucose in your bloodstream and also delivers your daily need of fiber. People suffering from uncontrolled diabetes can abundantly benefit from consuming oats although it is essential to keep in mind that you should not add sugary toppings or any other synthetic ingredients to your oats so that it retains all the nutrients which are already present in it.
There are many ways in which you can make your oats interesting. You can go beyond your breakfast cereal and bake cookies made of oats. You can also sprinkle them on your pancakes and bread or add them to your smoothie to increase your fiber intake. You can also add fruits like bananas or berries to your bowl of oats and make it tastier according to your liking.
My wife is pregnant running 4 and half months but the problem is when I intercourse white particles like curd comes out with my penis. What is this. Have any serious problem or infection in my wife vagina.
She has tested today for pregnancy and the result from the test was positive. Last month in June she had periods twice hence missing her periods in July and still not got any signs of it. What and how to proceed further in order to confirm pregnancy?
I am 19. Hd sex with my bf on 12th july. I took unwanted 72 within an hour after it. Laat month I had my periods on 23rd june. Not having any brown discharge. Am I pregnant ? If not then when am I supposed to get periods ? I checked through pregnancy kit it came negative on 16th july. Still not confirm. please help me out.
My periods date was 10th this month but I haven't got them yet. I called up my friend and she said her date was 4th and she got it on 15th. Is that possible? And how can I induce my periods. Please help. Thanks.
I am 26 years old unmarried girl .I have a problem of very severe stomach pain at regular basis. I have constant periods no problem with that. What would be the reason behind it and please refer me any particular diagnosis which I need to go through .
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi doct My problem is that I am not getting pregnant. I went to gynecologist and she prescribed me USG and I have found polycystic ovary. I have completed my three month course of medicine (chrominach, dymsis and productive F). But by all this I am getting result. I have written you all my situation. Pls help me what will I do now.
I am 27 year married female and looking for some consultation regarding sexual health. I want to know tablet to delay my periods as I am going for an outing. Also I want advice as to how to avoid pregnancy without using male protection.
Hello doctor. I.m 23 years old. And I.m.pregnant. Very stretch marks and black spot in. My tummy. What is the precaution?
I was on Novelon 21 day novelon pill pack from june. Missed second last pill of june which I doubled up with the last pill of the pack after 24 hours. Then I took a pill free week of 6 days and my withdrawal bleed was from 5-8th july I started new pack of july on 8th and had protected intercourse on 9th but the same condom was used for 3 rounds. Again had protected sex on 14th and it was the last one which was protected and condoms did not break or had holes on both the intercourse. I never missed a pill until 21st of july which I took it with the next day pill on 22nd july. On 22nd july morning I had a breakthrough bleeding which was stopped as soon as I took the next pill. My pill pack ended on 28th july and I had my withdrawal bleed on 1st aug which continued upto 6th of aug. Bleeding was like normal withdrawal bleeding on pills. Still I took a test today and yesterday after 1 month and 1 week and it came out to be negative. Am I 100% safe? Do I need to do further hpt or blood test?
My name anu kashyap and my age is now 55 year and my period is discontinued before two to three month an my health going down so doctor what should I do to.
How to lose weight Post-pregnancy
I am 29 year old married lady. I want to be pregnant. My Last period date is 17.01. 2016. When is the best time of getting pregnant? please help me out.
For vaginal irritation, showed to gyane and she wrote a medicine" augmenting 625 mg" which she said to take after urine test. I don't think I have a urine infection, can this medicine be taken for normal vaginal irritation.
I am 13 week pregnant. How much water should I take this time. Please help me with your valuable advice.
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition where a woman has extremely painful periods. While menstruation is normal, it is very painful. This is caused by disorders like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, use of intrauterine contraceptive device or endometriosis. Many women assume that pain is normal and must be tolerated.
Few ways to deal with dysmenorrhoea are:
1. It’s Ok To Take Pain Relievers: To relieve the pain, simple analgesics like paracetamol and aspirin can be taken.
2. Anti-inflammatory Drugs Can Taken: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to deal with dysmenorrhoea and most women are known to feel relief from the pain.
3. Fish Oils Capsules: Fish oil capsules which contain Omega 3 fatty Acids are also a good option to use when troubled with severe menstrual pain.
4. Prefer Light Diet: A few minor dietary changes can also help. Eating low fat vegetarian food especially on the days of the periods can prove to be helpful.
5. Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: It is said that exercise can reduce the pain of dysmenorrhoea. Sedentary lifestyle is not good for the uterus region and it is advisable to indulge in regular exercises.
6. Use Heat Therapy: Heat therapy is a common and effective way to deal with dysmenorrhoea. Keeping a hot water bag on the region of the pain is known to soothe the pain and help relax the muscles.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.