Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paritosh Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Paritosh GuptaYour feedback matters!
My baby is 3 and half month old. He is crying very often for last two days. Is decolic drop is safe for use?
My 5 n half months baby girl gets cold and cough frequently since she was 4 months. Once she gets this she can't sleep for days. Kindly recommend permanent solution and also a medicine to give so that it gets cured immediately.
Sir I want to know that what is window period of hepatitis c and hepatitis b for 17 months old baby who might have exposed to hepatitis c and b at 17 month of age? Is it same as for adults or it differ for babies of 17 month age? when to test baby for hepatitis c and hepatitis b if exposed at 17 months age?
Before commencing on how to deal with a prodigal child, let’s go to the meaning of the same. The literal meaning of prodigal is wasteful—mostly with regard to money. Its origin lies in the Latin word ‘proagere’ where ‘pro’ means forth and ‘agere’ means to drive. It talks about a person who wastes money by spending it in a reckless manner.
A prodigal child is almost always adamant to make damaging and dangerous decisions, which is quite disheartening for a parent to see. The given points will help parents breathe a fresh whiff of oxygen to deal with such a situation.
- All decisions are God’s: If you realise and accept that all decisions are made by the almighty, you will live peacefully. A human being cannot take charge of another person’s attitude. And when we force things upon anyone, we often end up doing more harm than good.
- Being good to yourself: One of the most important things for a person is to take care of oneself. Sometimes, you need to go out and hang around with your friends. Friends act as great counsellors and when you see them often, you will naturally feel relieved and your body will act in a positive manner. Staying healthy and fit when you know your loved ones need you is your foremost duty.
- Love unconditionally: When you love someone, there would be no complaints. All that needs to be there is just love. Don’t give up on your prodigal child, but pamper him/her and shower as much love as you have on them.
- Bail them out: Sometimes, you need to let the person you love make his/her own choices. Being a parent, you would think selfishly in terms of your child’s betterment and protection. But sometimes, release is the best option to pick to let your child decide on his/her own.
- Accept them: Possess the power to receive your child after he/she has been long off. You should have the courage to accept them, show compassion towards them, run for them, and embrace and kiss them. This will make them feel welcome. You may experience much pain from what your prodigal kid put you through, but upon their return, remember to shower your love on them.
- This too shall pass: Know that this is just a temporary phase, which will definitely get over. This attitude makes it less painful when you watch the destructive behaviour of your children.
- Don’t think you are alone: Everyone has their issues which parents of prodigals do not often consider. These parents feel they are alone and none can relate to their problems. But the truth is there are many people out there who are ready to listen to you and be by your side—just explore.
- Develop boundaries: Say no to abusive behaviour from your prodigal child. Draft out the rules to follow at home. Your prodigal child will throw tantrums, but when you establish boundaries, they will try to act accordingly. Strategize in a way that your child should feel that if they cross their limits, it will have serious repercussions.
- Pray: When you know your strength is waning, pray for your prodigal daily. You can put forth your wish list before God.
- Never give up: It may take your prodigal child weeks, months or years to correct themselves, but never give up the hope of them improving over time.
My baby is 3 month old. I have started weaning him. I give him powdered biscuits mixed in water. Wat food cn I give him ? Cm I go him fruits mashed or blended.
These details are my son. He is 6.5 years old. At the time of night when he sleeps his nose get blocked and he face problem in breathing and feel uncomfortable so please help me.
अगर बच्चे और जवान शुरूआत से घूमना walking चालू कर दे तो उसे बाद में diabetes डायबिटीज होने का खतरा 50% तक कम हो जाता है,
So keep walking everyday.