Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PardeepYour feedback matters!
How to get rid from face marks and pimple. There are to many marks in my face of pimples and blackhead's.
I m injured by road accident there is scratches on my face and hands how can I remove these scratches.
I am 24 year old, male.I have skin problem from last 2or 3 year before, in my face pimples and dag spot are so much, from this problem I am feel so guilty in my friend circle. Please give me some tips or medicine to remove spots and pimples from my face Thank You.
Sir My face is very dull and oily I want to know that can you tell me what do I for a better glowing screen?
Hi, Darkness increasing in underarm. Moreover it seems to be cause itching. Is cause of muscle friction? Kindly suggest me suitable treatment and medicine. Thanks, Selva.
Hlo mam I have pain while passing stools and near anal it become tight not able to pass stools. Pls help me out its is very painful. Tnx.
Hi I'm a male is eating or chewing bubble gums or other type of gums good for the skin and healthy or does it cause any problems please tel me is it good to eat or chew bubblegum or other gums and all please tel me is chewing anything good for health and skin please tel me please is chewing habit or chewing bubblegums or other type of gums is good for skin and health please tel me plz.
7 Diabetes Related Skin Problems
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later; and in some cases, these skin problems serve as symptoms of diabetes. Although these skin problems can be cured easily if treated early, proper care must be administered at all times. Here are 7 skin conditions that affect diabetics:
1. Bacterial infection
Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
2. Fungal infections
People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
3. Tingling and itching
Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
4. Skin problems related to neuropathy
Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
5. Digital sclerosis
Digital sclerosis, a condition marked by tight, waxy, thick skin that develops on the back of the hand, is common among people who have type 1 diabetes. In this condition, the joints of the fingers get stiff and, thus, lose their mobility and elasticity. Skin of the toes, forehead and knees may also get affected.
Xerosis is another common skin condition that accompanies diabetes. In this condition, the skin becomes very dry and itchy.
7) Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?
Can you recommend few medicated products for my problem. For your reference I would like to tell you that my skin is a mixture of oily and dry skin.
Hi doctor, I am Arun, I am 27 years old, I have medium sized pores on my face and I also have many acne marks and tan on my face, I tried many treatments but nothing is worthy and I could not see any improvements in my skin and I am very depressed and inferior in my appearance while I meet new people. Please help me doctor Thanks, Arun.
Hives is also known as Urticaria, which is a sudden outbreak of swollen, red bumps on the skin. These occur due to an allergic reaction to an allergen or some unknown reasons. These bumps are usually accompanied by a few common symptoms like redness, burning sensation, itchiness, inflammation and swelling. They can be of varied shapes and most often the larger ones are very painful. Your skin gets badly affected by hives and the itchiness is quite irritating.
Few facts about hives:
- Prominent symptoms: Hives occur due to allergic reactions and some of the most highlighting symptoms are trouble in breathing, swelling, stomach cramps, dizziness and other related ones. People facing these kinds of symptoms are mainly kept in an emergency room so that proper care can be taken.
- Lasting period of hives: In general, the symptoms of hives fade away within a few hours and just few scratches are left behind. Though in some cases hives return either for few weeks or days. Some people experience the symptoms after specific intervals and thus you got to have proper medical care.
- Causes of hives: Some of the commonest causes of hives are medicines, excessive exercises, serious or rare diseases, cold, heat or pressure, insect bites or stings, different kinds of allergies especially food allergies, bladder or other infections and others. Sometimes, hives might occur all of a sudden without any specific reason.
- Who gets hives: Both adults and kids of different ages can have hives at any time. Thus, you should be aware fully of the same in order to prevent this kind of skin disease. Though the symptoms last maximum for six months but still the sufferings are unbearable at times.
- Diagnosis of hives: Hives can now be easily detected by doctors just by looking at the available symptoms and thus no special kind of diagnosis is required. Physical examination is conducted and the doctor often asks a few questions from the patients. If the symptoms continue for a long time then in that case blood tests are also recommended by the doctor. The doctor might recommend any other medical test in this regard in accordance with the patient's condition.
- Treating hives: The doctors often prescribe antihistamines to the patients who suffer from hives. The sources causing hives are asked to be avoided so that the chances of getting attacked by this kind of skin trouble can be reduced. Doctors keep the patients under supervision and then accordingly prescribe medicines for a speedy recovery.