Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Everyone is aware of the fact that lack of sleep can lead to low levels of energy and fatigue. For people who have been suffering from a sleep deprivation, the cycle is never ending and they are forever in a state of low energy and do not perform their best. Added with all this sleep deprivation also leads the insomnia sufferers to perform well in bet. Thus poor sleep quality affects the sex life.
Often the effect of lack of sleep will have on a person's sex life is with the overall poor attitude that usually falls and the person remains exhausted all the time. People suffering from long standing fatigue are often irritable and quarrelsome and these personality traits just don't set the mood for a romantic evening. Women also suffer from low sex drive if exhausted, though for them it is more about being emotional. According to a study, by National Sleep Foundation, in 2010, around one in every four Americans have agreed that they are too tired to indulge in sexual activities with their partner. With added distractions from technology, like smartphones and e-readers, social media and e-mails just tend to keep people up for longer and later hours.
In men this is a little more scientific. This has been backed by research that there is a close relation in the quality of the sleep and the levels of testosterone in a man. This seems to be a circular pattern. While studies show a link that the hormone levels fall, there are studies that also show that a man with low levels of testosterone often wakes up more at night and has lower sleep efficiency. So the both are intertwined very closely and hard to say which comes first; but the obvious result is lowered male libido.
Apart from this if you or your snore, it might also lead to insomnia, as snoring becomes noisy for your partner. This can lead your partner to be lethargic and exhausted as their sleep is not adequate. Since sexual activities involve physical exertion, feeling exhausted and irritable after a sleepless, noisy night can easily make sex the last thing on mind.
One can try the following to improve the quality of sleep:
- Maintain healthy weight ranges as excess weight can lead to sleep apnea in both men and women
- Abstain or reduce smoking as it just leads to obstructive sleep apnea
- Exercise regularly as it helps to check the weight and when combined with Continuous positive airway pressure therapy then it improves sleep apnea
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea then must use Continuous positive airway pressure therapy every night.
My wife and myself are having a good sexual life, but I feel I have a small penis and want to have a much better sex life, so doctors can you tell me the best way to make my penis grow. My age is 33 and my height is 5.9 ft, I'm 90 kgs, I guess my penis size is 5.4 inches. I need a bigger one kindly help.
Sir, m 21 years old. In ECG my first degree av block (PR 228). And echo cardiograph and lipik profile are normal. Many time my heart beat more then 110/ minute. And in night many time slow less 65. Im very upset. Many time heart beats missing. please what can I do? And it is serious problem or not. Thanks.
Few days back there was heavy pain on my right hand near by wrist. It continued for few days randomly. Later that I have a doubt on me that whether I have sugar. If I have sugar, how can I confirm it my self. I went to a lab to have blood check up. I was tested my blood, before breakfast and after the breakfast. The result is 93-96. And still I have a doubt whether I have sugar or not. please suggest me what to do?
I am having stomach related problem for more than one month. Sometimes I get loose motion on the beginning of the day and at some point of the day I feel irritating because stomach doesnt get clear and the gets harder. What should I do to empty my stomach in one go.
Hi I'm a engineering student. Mera penis bahot chhota hai but mai jab hast maithun karta hu tab long ho jata hai baad me small ho jata hai to mai Mera penis long rakhne k liye kya karu.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.
When I take any food, while swallowing I feel like burning in my throat and I can't take complete food. Please help me.
I have a baby boy 1 year old. Last three days he is suffering from cough and cold. His chest is congested by cough. He can not sleep due to cold and cough. please suggest some syrup for fever and cough.
I got fever on last Friday. Due to that my platelets count decreased and liver enlarged. Now fever reduced. But I can't take food, Why? If I take I am getting wamtings, is it due to fatty liver and how ?
Does penis exercise help to increase the size of penis. If yes please suggest few exercise. What is good size for happy married life.
While cooking, one ingredient you cannot be without is oil. This is an essential ingredient in all types of cooking and no matter how little you put, a significant amount will still get into your body. Thus, it is of prime importance that you choose your cooking oil carefully. There are options, which are healthier than others and it is advisable to lean more on these options compared to the normal ones available in the market.
Considerations before choosing healthy cooking oils
It is important to not get into the marketing hype of various brands, which claim to be healthy cooking oils. Basic ingredients, no matter how refined, will still dictate how healthy the oil is. Some facts to consider are:
- You would want oils which are stable at high temperatures and don't oxidize easily. If oils oxidize easily, they form free radicals, which are harmful for your health.
- Unhealthy oils, even at lower temperatures will form polyunsaturated fats and thus, look for oils which have less of it.
Here are some healthy alternatives to the commonly found vegetable oils which are high in polyunsaturated fats.
- Olive oil: One of the staples and heroes of the Mediterranean diet, olive oil has long been the favorite of healthy cooking champions. It is good for the heart as it lowers LDL and encourages the growth of good cholesterol or HDL. It is also very low in polyunsaturated fats. You should try to go for extra virgin olive oil, although other variations are still better than normal vegetable oils.
- Palm oil: Also low in polyunsaturated fats, palm oil is rich in vitamin E and many other nutrients which make it a very healthy alternative to the normal vegetable oils you would usually buy from the market.
- Coconut oil: This variety of oil tends to have the least amount of polyunsaturated fats and is being touted as the healthiest alternative to normal cooking oils. Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid which helps to improve cholesterol levels within the body and is also know to have antibacterial properties.
- Avocado oil: Another healthy alternative, it may be a little difficult to find in the shelves as it is still uncommon. Again, this oil is also very low in unsaturated fats and is thus, similar to olive oil. You can use this oil for cooking or serve it cold as garnishing for dishes as well.
Indian market offers variety in oils and one can choose from sesame, ricebran, sunflower, safflower, canola , coconut and pure ghee too. Changing or rotating oils is healthy as it gives the body different essential fatty acids which it needs; for example we need a healthy blend of mono -unsaturates (50%) polyunsaturates ((30%) and saturated fatty acids(20%). However, you should consult your physician as to, which oil will be best for you.