Lybrate.com has top trusted Pulmonologists from across India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paramjeet Singh Mann Mann
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Paramjeet Singh Mann MannYour feedback matters!
I got up in the morning with a swollen right upper eyelid and cheeks on right side only. No pain or discomfort in the eye. Went to a doc he gave me the following Ivepred, LCZ, Topicid and asked to avoid sunlight. I have never had this no asthma what could this be? Some home remedies he suggested none.
Suffering from serious cough with yellowish flum, unbearable muscle and body aches can't able to stand also backache left side, already consulted doctor gave medicines zinofilforte, macberry xt syrup, zincovit, sumocold, CEFAKIND 500MG, NICE TABLETS AND VOVERAN INJECTION, BUT GAVE TEMPORARY RELIEF, NOW 22 1 16 AT 9 15 AM I AM STILL SUFFERING HEAVY HEAVY BODY MUSCLE PAINS PLEASE SUGGEST MEDICINES PLEASE doctor THANKS.
Sir, good morning. My health is asthma problem in tablets "THEO-ASTHALIN" taking. Then any other good tablets available. Kindly pls send details. thanks.
I am getting cough long time it tooks after that I get vomiting with white bubbles and also throat pain. Not continues cough when it comes these happens still one month.
My breath stop suddenly during sleeping and chest pain start. I got panic and go in open area for breathing. This is happening from 7 days. What is the problem and what should I do?
I am suffering from dry cough for last 2 weeks. I have chest pain while I cough hard. Suggest me what should be done?
My son is 18 yr old. he has allergy problem. He catches cold frequently ans as a result get cough. He has to take nibulizer. Kindly advise me.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.