Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ParagYour feedback matters!
I am 38 years old. have kidney stones. Size 7mm in uti and right kidney 4mm. So please you tell me what I do.
Hello doctor I have a question for my wife. She is feeling toilet frequently more than normal. Is this a sign of pregnancy or some kind of urinal infection. Thanks.
Hello My mom recently operated for utres removal They removed uterus But from that day she has become very weak and also suffering from weakness and bodypains Can I get a suggestion to get rid.
I am 27 year old male. I am facing the problem of kidney stone lft kidney 0. 3mm rght kidney 0. 55mm as per the scanning result of last 5months ago. Now no pain some times irritation pasing urine. Last 5months taking tablet neeri. Thanking you.
I have acidic burping after food and constant pain in right upper side of abdomen since last three months what to do. I have done ultrasound nothing abnormal .Only found 3 mm renal calculi and 3.5 mm renal calculi in left and right kidney s respectively .Pls tell me how to get rid of this acidic burping and localized pain.
I am 36 Years old . I use to urinate two to three times at night since last week and cause me sleep disturbance. What is the cause of this problem? I also take telma- am for hypertension does it has anything do do with this problem. What should I do?
I am having pain in my stomach from last 15 days. And on eating something, I have to go to toilet, even just having a single Chapati. I do not eat junk food. From those 15 days, I am just having Home Made Food. As I am having this problem from last 15 days. Please Help Me. What is wrong. What exactly the problem is.
Sir I want to know about kidneystone. How we can prevent kidney stone. And what are the symptoms of kidney stone?
Hi Doctor, Good evening. I am Sunil, 29 years old. Recently I have done urinary test and below are microscopy results. Pus cells: 3-5 /hpf EP Cells: 2-3 /hpf Please let me know what is this.
Hi Dr, just mins back my wife woke me telling she is unable to pass urine feeling pain at pelvis, where as stomach is heavy.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.