Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parag Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Submit a review for Dr. Parag GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dr. Parag Is Very Professional He Made Me Understand The Problem And is a very Knowledgable person. he speaks in terms that you can understand. he is very easy to talk to.he take time with The patients to ensure they understand what their health needs are. Last But Not Least He Is Not Money Minded Like Most Of The Other Doctors.
Thorough knowledge, experience & friendly behaviour.
Respected Doctor, My father aged 68 years has enlarged prostate 5.3 x4. 1 x4. 1 cms Wt 53.2 gms. Sonography report says that Enlarged median lobe is indenting the base of bladder with large post void residual urine volume of 96 ml. Moderate change of cystitis. He feels pain in stomach and shows disinterest in doing even daily activities. Kindly suggest what is to be done.
I'm struggling quite a lot with my anxiety and low mood. When I get this bad all I can do is obsess over the amount I am eating, constantly thinking about everything I've eaten that day and how much fatter I am going to get. I am 13 stone, and this is definitely overweight. I want to eat all the time,
I am 68 years old and I have slight enlargement of prostate gland, about 29 mm in size. Please suggest the best treatment for reducing the size of prostate gland. Thanks, Jayarajan.
Is it safe to eat papaya regularly because I read in some news paper that eating regularly papaya cause harmful effect on body and causes different serious problems like kidney stone etc. Pls help me out and if causes any problem then pls suggest me alternative of it because I consume it for constipation. Thanks.
Sir/madam there is a pain in my urinal, i. E. Pennis since 4 days in the evening. I am taking allo vera as a medicine. It cured a little. What should I do?
Dear sir/ madam. I have a stones in my kidneys. In both two sides multiple stones. The stones size Right kidney :- N.S ,Multiple 3-4 mm calculi + small calculi 1-2 mm. Left kidney :- N.S single 4-5 mm calculi. I have trek ment. In last 4 months. Not remove stones. I have pain in Right side. .please tel me sir which type medicines use to solved my problem.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infection. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.