Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankul SehgalYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old female wearing tooth braces for past 15 days and I am unable to eat food like before. I lost 4 kgs within 15 days.
My mother all tooths were plucked of 15 years back. She is 67 years old & is suffering from itching tongue, please dry mouth problem the taste buds on the inner side of the tongue have got swollen they appears reddish in colour. Its because of this problem that she is always bed ridden. I have consulted lots of doctors but there has been no out come as all tests prescribed by them for detection of disease were normal but the problem still persists. Kindly help & suggest some medicines which can make har feel better, she doesn' t feels like to eat the moth & tongue always remain dry the throat is itching.
Hi Sir/ Madam, Morning me brush karne ke baad tongue cleaning k time sputum ke saath blood clot nikalta hai kya reasons ho sakta hai. Please tell me. Thanks Varun.
Whenever I eat some solid particles like apple with skin, mutton meat, or something, it get stuck between my teeth food particles. Any thing suggestion.
I am 26 years old. And my Bottom two front teeth (from back side) are almost recessed. Please let me know the best solution to prevent this from fallen out. Will they grow back?
I have leukoplakia in mouth buckle mucosa since aug 2015 visited three different oncologist they suggested laser excision is there any other treatment please suggest.
I have a bad tooth ache towards the end of my jaw. It seems it is wisdom tooth but how do I confirm and make sure it is not infection?
I am suffering from teeth problem for last 3 weeks. On last teeth covered extra skin. This cause to I can't eat anything. Plssss suggest me what I do.
I have some serious problem with my tongue. I have white patches on my tongue. Its been more than a month and it still exists. Please could you assist.
I have a severe tooth pain Dr. had advised Ketorol dt tables 2 each but that doesn't make any difference even had combiflam tablet need to sleep any which way have got an appointment tomorrow please help & advice for a pleasant sleep.
I am a dentist and have often faced muscle spasm in my neck muscles. I have done physiotherapy sessions and doing yoga. Recently I have started with homeopathic medicine also. But still have pain and spasm in neck muscles. X-ray is normal. Kindly advise.
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.