Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj VarshneyYour feedback matters!
I am mitesh from gujrat I have a folliculitis on head and always my head pain that side (left) and my left side's eye pain plzzz suggest me what I do.
My baby girl is 2 year 10 months old she is having sqwint both eyes. Not from birth, we have seeing from last year. I went to eye institutes and they are saying that required surgery. In its cimpleated in 30 min. Please suggest me what to do ?
When I read something like newspaper, books and listen that has been taught in class, I can not retrieve thirty percent of that I read or listen in the class. At the time of travelling in the bus and train. I see many thing around but I can not recall them after the time.
Sir. What diet should we follow to improve our eye vision and does plain glass or local cooling glass affect our eyes?
I am a student and when I study to a long period of time for approx 4-5 hr my eye starts paining and then I quit my studying but this pain lasts for long time. Plzz help. Give a method to get rid of this pain.
Hello sir I have job in electronic system my eyes site week so what I do for my eyes and some better treatment for this please give e some ideas?
I'm 20 years old, lately I found that I have eyesight. I don't wanna use any spectacles. Any other way?
I am suffering from eye pain from five days and also I am facing so many kind of problem in my eyes. So what I have to do.
How I can save my eyes due to computer work in the office and can I use different types of glasses at the work so I can save my eyes.
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, burning and a stinging sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition.