Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj SurekhaYour feedback matters!
My 30 years old husband drinks occasionally, but if he starts drinking he dnt hv control n starts doing nuisance, Hw to gt rid of dis alcoholism?
Since last 5-6 months or more, forgetting things easily, some sort of short term memory loss in day to day work. For example while going home or office or any place if in between any work has to be done, I forget it most of the times, same happen in work.
For e. G I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time please help me.
Feeling stressed out? Don’t reach for the pills just yet; there is a better option out there. Almost all conventional methods of treatment come with side effects, no matter how effective they are. Why not opt for an equally effective method, but without side effects, yes you heard it right! Homeopathy is a method of treatment that is effective and free from side effects.
Here are some homeopathic remedies that can help you de-stress:
1. Be active: Feeling stressed of late? Time to get your running shoes on. Research proves that exercise is one of the best remedies for stress, activities such as running and swimming release ‘endorphins’ in the system, which uplift your mood. So go for an early morning jog or a late evening swim, whatever suits you just make sure that you get some exercise on a regular basis.
2. Diet: Stress can result from an improper diet where the body is not well nourished. The body needs its share of various vitamins and minerals to function optimally. So it is important to eat a well balanced meal and avoid eating junk food. Eating unhealthy food can cause reactions in the body that lead to various diseases.
3. Be connected: Being connected does not mean being connected on social media, rather forming and nurturing ‘people to people’ connections. Talk to people, getting involved in team activities and participating in various sports. Form meaningful relationships with others so that you have someone to listen to you when you feel weary and low. Staying isolated can cause symptoms of stress to aggravate.
4. Start a hobby: If you don’t already have one, spend some time doing things that give you pleasure. It can be something that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Doing such activities will keep your mind active and reduce stress levels.
5. Medications: Apart from the above, homeopathy has medications such as Nux Vomica which is used to reduce anger and impatience. For people who are stressed due to overwork, Kali Phos is an effective remedy. In case of prolonged grief such as the one resulting from a sudden demise in the family, Natrum Mur and Ignatia are advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Sir mai jab bee sunlight mai ratha hu tu mara sarer me pain hota hai asa lagta hai ke koi sui chub rahe ho.
My body is so thin. My weight is 58 kg and height is 5'9" I am software developer and I am doing job in timing between 12 pm to 9 pm. I take milk or dahi in morning, 2 times food in a day and milk at night. I never take egg, non veg, drink, smoke. I want to gain weight and make healthy. Please suggest me any ayurvedic or homeopathic treatment for weight gain.
I'm a 23 years male. I can't able to concentrate on works. Depressed more easily than ever now. How can I recover this issue?
Can a psychologist through oral dialogue as well as guiding factors for clearing mind imbalance of an alcoholic addicted youth?
I have erectile dysfunction for the past 2 year. I stopped smoking for last 3 month and started jogging and healthy diet but still I dint see any improvement can I use musli power extra for recovery? I heard there is no side effects in that, is tat good for erectile dysfunction?
Today all of us are on social media and every day within minutes we come know how our friend's new car looks like, where they have gone for a vacation, how was their last night's party, how they look in their new hair style etc. No doubt social media give us an absolute sense of what is happening in our friend's life but have you ever asked yourself how many friends out of the list of hundreds or thousands, could you count on in a crisis?
Psychologist Shivani Misra sadhoo says that a relationship can genuinely be nurtured with face to face interactions, hugs and with real chats and outings. Although social media does allow us to interact with man people at the same time, but these online connections usually don't translate into stronger social bonds of close friends.
Social media may help to slow down the natural rate of decay in a relationship quality that would set in once we cannot readily meet our friends face-to-face. But no amount of social media will prevent a friend eventually becoming'just another acquaintance' if you don't meet them personally from time to time. Hence, if you really value your friendship and want to experience the best life experiences that real friendship can offer, then don't depend on facebook and twitter, go out with your friends, go to their places and put more efforts to have face-to-face interactions with them so you can grow old along with your friends.
My mind is not clear. I have heart brake say I am not expressive guide me. I am easily fall in love with any one. I have not concentrate on exam also what should I have to do. Pain and memory is always wandering.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) is a disorder found in young children. Some common traits of a kid suffering from ODD include disobedient behavior, vindictiveness, manipulation, anger issues and irritability. These kids are known to have a negative mindset and are very difficult to get along with.
Here is a list of ways to deal with a kid suffering from ODD
- Communicate you expectations clearly: Kids suffering from this disorder feels an irresistible urge to control the environment they are residing in. It helps when you lay down simple, but mandatory house rules such as not raising the voice, being kind to others, refraining from hurting family and friends etc. This will not only keep their behavior in check, but will help them to make better choices.
- Be calm: Make sure you don’t give your kids any room to argue. Remind them that house rules apply for everyone. A back-and-forth argument will give your kids to impose his will on you. Explain in short the parental requirement that is expected. While giving instructions make sure you maintain a calm and collective dialect. Scolding or arguing your kid will do more harm than good.
- Use empathy: Instead of imposing parental will, it is best to be empathetic towards your defiant kid. For instance despite your repeated warnings, if your kid continues to watch TV or hook to the play station, remind them why it is important to go to bed early. Explain to them that you understand his feeling of having to leave the day for the night, but also tell them how his favorite activities can be continued the next day.
- Reward scheme: Kids with ODD reacts wonderfully to a reward system. For instance, if he successfully sticks to the rules laid in the house or behaves the way he is expected, he should be rewarded for the job well done. This reward scheme should be declared well in advance. As a parent, your job is to continuously remind him about the reward if he manages to do a job well. This incentive scheme will force your kid to be obedient.
- Don’t use false threats: Be very precise with your kid about the instruction you want them to follow. If you want him to brush his teeth before going to sleep, make it very clear to him what would be the consequences if the instruction is not followed. Do not use empty threats. As a parent, if you fail to keep your end of the bargain, your kid will not value your word anymore.
- Create a routine: A routine works well with kids suffering from ODD disorder. Every task should be time bound with more than one choice. For instance, between 5 PM to 7 PM allow them to do either of the two things like playing outdoor games or spending time with the play station. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.