Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj PandeYour feedback matters!
Sometimes I had a little pain in one of my breast but pain was not too much but do not know why I am soo scared off.
I have pain in my right breast after period it's little nd 10/12 days before of period feeling pain little much. Whats the reason behind this pain is it normal?
Hello sir, I have lipoma on back side of my left head science year 2010. Have any future problem? Please tell me.
I am having pain in my breast. I have self examined there r no lumps as such but having pain all over the two breasts.
Hi I am suffering with breast pain. Small lumps are formed around nipple and liquid secretions are coming from nipple with pain. Sometimes it's severe and sometimes symptoms get decreased automatically without any treatment. But it's very painful. I have this problem from 4 years. Can you tell me what is this disease exactly. Any treatment is there for this. Is this common problem or serious problem? Please advice me on this.
My Grandpa (71Y old) is suffering from pancreas Cancer. His CA-19.9 Tests Result was more then 1200 on last Saturday. His tumor size on the head of the pancreas is 30x34 mm. What are the precautions he should take to stop growth of the cancer tissues and what medicines he has to take?
Multiple myeloma is a type of blood cancer similar to lymphoma and leukemia. Normally, plasma cells make antibodies which are responsible for fighting off infectious diseases. With multiple myeloma, however, they release too much of a protein known as immunoglobulin. Due to the excess buildup of protein in the body, organ damage occurs. Multiple myeloma cannot be cured, it can only have its progression slowed down. Here is everything you need to know about multiple myeloma:
Just like with other forms of cancer, the exact cause of multiple myeloma is not known. However, there are several risk factors which are responsible for increasing your chances of suffering from multiple myeloma.
- Age: Age poses as one of the most important risk factors. Being over 65 increases your chances of getting multiple myeloma, according to studies.
- Race: African-Americans are more likely to get multiple myeloma compared to other races.
- Genetics: Multiple myeloma is more likely to happen if a family member has it as well.
- Other Diseases: Solitary plasmacytoma, MGUS and other plasma related diseases make you more likely to develop multiple myeloma.
- Bone pain or bone fractures
- Increased vulnerability to infections
- Increased or decreased urination
- Restlessness – eventually followed by extreme weakness and fatigue
- Increased thirst
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Impaired kidney function
Your doctor may test you for multiple myeloma if a blood test reveals:
- Too much calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia)
- Kidney problems
- High protein levels in your blood combined with a low albumin level (globulin gap)
There is no cure for multiple myeloma; however with good treatment you can resume normal activities. Here are the treatment options-
- Biological therapy: These are medications given in pill form which enhance the body's immune system; so that it can fight off myeloma cells.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy is when cancerous cells are killed by targeting the abnormalities within them. These are given through a vein in your arm.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy kills all the cells which are growing at a rapid rate. These drugs can be given through injection or orally.
- Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are medicines which regulate the immune system by controlling the inflammation in the body. Corticosteroids can be taken in pill form or even through injections.
- Stem Cells Transplant: An autologous stem cell transplant is recommended for all eligible and suitable patients of multiple myeloma under 65 yrs of age, who show a good response to initial therapy, as it has been proven to improve survival.
He is a cancer patient (onco) n has been operated over the mouth five times since 2011 n currently he is under treatment by chemotherapy n radiation. Any effective medication in ayurveda or homeopath?
My Bhabhi has been detected Malignancy , Ductal carcinoma at very early stage, what is this and its treatment best hospital and best doctor's to be consulted for it.
My father is suffering from tongue cancer stage 2 age 59 He is taking herbal medicine Now weight is reduce which food and Fruit he want to eat for weight gain please tell good solution please sir.
Sir, how much is the recovery chance of AML (acute myeloid leukemia). The patient is 7 years old girl.
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.