Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Pande
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj PandeYour feedback matters!
Colon cancer refers to the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the region of your large intestine. It is often associated with rectal cancer and is termed as colorectal cancer, since the process of metastasis (a process through which cancer cells pass rapidly to the other organs of your body) is very rapid for this particular medical condition. Colon cancer is prevalent among both men and women irrespective of their age, but is generally noticed in people above forty years of age. Though the causes of colon cancer cannot be specifically identified, there are certain factors that can increase your chance of developing colon cancer.
The risk factors are mentioned below:
- Family history of colon cancer
- Chronic diseases of the intestine(like inflammation of intestine)
- A regular diet with low fibers but high calories
- Consuming high amount of alcohol
If you are diagnosed with colon cancer, you may show the following symptoms:
- Inconsistency of bowel movements. (diarrhea and constipation)
- Passage of blood through stool
- Pain in your abdominal region
- Sudden weight loss
- Body fatigue
Colon cancer can be fatal if not treated at an early stage. Ayurveda offers effective remedies for colon cancer. Some of the remedies are mentioned below:
- Drinking green tea can be very effective. Green tea has epigallocatechin (a Polyphenol used in different dietary supplements) which can destroy the formation of cancer cells.
- Consuming Aloe Vera is another useful technique. It cleans the digestive tract and colon region by removing harmful toxins and can thus help to cure cancer faster.
- Turmeric is also very potent in fighting cancer. It contains curcumins which can destroy the cancer cells formed in the colon region.
- Ashwagandha is known to have certain properties that can control the growth of cancer cells and is thus instrumental in treating colon cancer.
- The juice of garlic has certain medicinal properties that can combat the growth of cancer cells in your colon region. Intake of garlic juice can thus be very helpful.
Since colon cancer has limited survival rates, it is highly recommended for you to seek advice from an Ayurveda practitioner if you wish to get healed naturally.
Generally identified as a rare and uncommon phenomenon, vaginal cancer most often occurs in the cells present in the outer lining of the vagina, also called the birth canal. Although primary vaginal cancer is rare and unusual, there are various other types of vaginal cancer that originate elsewhere in the body but have spread over to your vagina.
Depending upon the nature of origin, vaginal cancer can be divided into the following types:
1. Vaginal adenocarcinoma, beginning in the glandular cells on the surface of your vagina
2. Vaginal sarcoma, developing in the connective tissue cells and multiple cells lining the walls of your vagina
3. Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma, originates in the squamous cells lining the surface of the bacteria
4. Vaginal melanoma, developing in melanocytes, the pigment-producing cells in your vagina
As vaginal cancer progresses from one stage to the next, you may experience any one of the following signs and symptoms:
1. Diluted, watery vaginal discharge
2. Painful urination
4. Odd cases of vaginal bleeding, for instance, after menopause or after intercourse
5. Formation of lumps in your vagina
6. Frequent and regular urination
7. Pelvic pain
Normally, cancer develops when healthy cells undergo genetic mutations, subsequently leading to the uncontrollable growth of abnormal cells. Cancer cells are known to break off from pre-existing tumors and can easily spread everywhere, in what is referred to as metastasize.
Beyond the natural process of development, here are a few factors which may further contribute to the growth of cancerous cells:
1. Increasing age
2. Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
3. Exposure to miscarriage prevention drugs
Pulmonary diseases are some of the most commonly experienced health conditions all over the world. Millions of people suffer due to various causes including genetics, smoking, pollutants and infection. Now lungs are one of the most important and complex organs of the body. They are the apparatus through which oxygen enters and carbon dioxide gets expelled.
Lungs expand and contract on a constant basis to ensure that we can breathe properly. Let us find out more about lung or pulmonary diseases.
- Asthma: This is one of the most common and potentially fatal conditions that affect children and adults. It grips the airways formed by the bronchi which branch off into smaller tubes from the main trachea that holds them. This condition causes inflammation, and even spasms, which can lead to wheezing and breathlessness. The main triggers of asthma attacks include allergies, infections and pollutants that may escape into the airways.
- COPD: This is also known as Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. It is an umbrella term used for various lung conditions that cause breathing difficulties due to an obstruction of the airways. Chronic bronchitis is one of the conditions that falls under COPD, and is usually characterised by persistent, hacking coughs.
- Cystic Fibrosis: This is another condition that affects the airways by causing poor passage of mucus from the bronchial tubes. This condition is a genetic one where the mucus that gathers eventually becomes a lung infection.
- Pneumonia: This is a condition that causes an infection in the alveoli, which are the tiny tubes that the airways branch into. These are air sacs that can catch myriad infections like pneumonia.
- Tuberculosis: This is also a kind of pneumonia, which is caused by bacteria called Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. This condition usually attacks the air sacs of the lungs and can be a potentially fatal disease if it is not treated on time. The patient will require immediate hospitalisation.
- Pulmonary Edema: This condition is caused by fluid leaks from the tiny blood vessels into the surrounding air sacs within the lungs. It can also be caused due to heart failure as well as back pressure which falls on the lungs. Direct injury to the lungs can also lead to this condition.
- Lung Cancer: This is a fatal disease which can be found in any part of the lungs. It has many forms and the type as well as the location usually determines the kind of treatment option that will be followed.
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome: When the lungs suffer a sudden injury which is usually caused by a bout of serious illness, it is called ARDS. Treatment involves the use of life support ventilation.