Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in new delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Kumar Sharma
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Ligament Reconstruction Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Joint Pain Treatment
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Frozen Shoulder Physiotherapy
Paediatrics - Ortho
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj Kumar SharmaYour feedback matters!
Sir, my wife (age 47 years) has been suffering from multi diseases like knee joint pain, hormones changing due to period problem, low HB for the last about 7/8 years. She is taking medicines for all these problems through Ayurvedic treatment from Govt. Hospital. Although the treatment is called "ayurvedic" but the medicines being prescribed are totally allopathic. Thus, I need valuable and firm advise from the Ayurveda Specialists.
Suddenly pain has started in my tail bone area from last 3 days. Particularly while changing posture I. E sitting, getting up, lifting legs, changing posture while sleeping, getting into the car.
I have pain in my joints and also there is swelling in my feet. I have problem walking and also can't stand for long hours. I have tried both allopathic and homeopathic medicines but no gains. I am also diagnosed with thyroid. My hb is 10.6.kindly help.
Even though we have 206 bones in our bodies, breaking just one is enough to bring our daily lives to a standstill. A partial or complete break in a bone is termed as a fracture. While minor fractures can heal in as little as 6 weeks major fractures can take 3-4 months to heal properly. In cases of complex fractures, you may need physical therapy even after this time period to get back complete mobility. Hence patience is essential when a fracture is healing, but here are a few tips on how to speed up the process.
- Increase your protein intake: Proteins are essential for the healing and repairing of damage to bones and tissues. Proteins also give the bone structure its strength, Hence, depriving the body of adequate protein will result in the formation of soft bones rather than hard, strong bones. This prevents a bone from fracturing in the same place again.
- Have a diet rich in antioxidants: Inflammation is one of the first symptoms of a fracture. This inflammation can continue for many days after the incident and until the inflammation reduces, healing cannot take place properly. Antioxidants help rid toxins from the body and help reduce inflammation thereby initiating the healing process. Antioxidants can also help relieve pain.
- Exercise: While you must take care not to apply too much pressure on the affected area it is essential to move the limb as much as possible. Being active promotes blood flow and in this way speeds up the healing process.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine: In most cases, a doctor will prescribe pain relievers to deal with the pain of a fracture. Under no circumstances should you consume alcohol when taking these medications. Even after the antibiotic course is over it is a good idea to abstain from alcohol as this can increase inflammation. Similarly, caffeine and all caffeinated products should also be avoided as they contain compounds that can prevent calcium from being absorbed.
- Have an alkaline diet: Having an alkaline diet with lots of fruits and vegetables helps stabilise the pH levels of the body and conserves minerals and proteins needed to build strong bones. In this way, it creates the optimal environment for healing. An alkaline diet also increases the production of growth hormones and other growth factors like IGF insulin in the body. These are crucial to speeding up the healing process and aid in new bone formation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.