Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi I am sathish of 17 years old, I have severe legs paining problem from nearly 2 years back and also some backbone pains. So tell some suggestions.
Hello, Recently on last friday, my friend had ankle twist while stepping down from two wheeler. She had severe pain for which she took pain killer and applied iodex and covered it with crepe bandage and I also suggested her for ice massage and elevation and rest. Still after 5 days, she is having swelling and severe pain. Please advise what to do for faster recovery. Thanks.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days. But have not got any relief. What should I do?
I have pain in my left knee .what are the remedies for it. Does it is curable. What are the medicine for it. Please suggest some medicine for it.
I have severe back pain when I wake up in the morning then it goes off. Y it appears and precaution to be taken. Please help me solve this problem.
I am a medical representatives since last five years with average daily travelling of 100 km on bike majorly and now feeling some neck pain and back pain. What should I do to avoid neck pain as well as back pain?
I am 58 years old and took VR about a year before and enjoy my retired life. I have severe pricking pain around my upper portion of the right arm since last month. Raising arm above too is painful. I don't have sugar/BP. What could be my problem and which specialist should I contact. Currently I live in Bangalore. But I started having problems when I was in Trichy. Please advise.
Hi my name is narender singh chomu. I am 25 years IT guy. I have back pain problem last some months. Will physiotherapy help in this?
I have backbone problem from last 6 month. What should I do. Mujhe khana khane ka Mann nhi karta hai kya karu.
Hi, Usually I have my spinal cord pain and will feel hard pain continuously. Is there any solution for it? Have consulted many doctors but no change. If you can give any suggestion I will be thankful.
My father is a diabetic patient recently 1 week his sugar was 300 coming to point his left leg is paining so much as his nervous are paining. Please suggest how to get treatment to get well soon.?
I had viral fever 2 months ago. I had suffered with it for one month. Now my fever is OK but I had lot of joint pain. When I take any medicine regarding this I feel good but when ever I left it I suffered again. Please give me solution.
Sir, am working in metro city I will go to my office regularly by car it took 1 hr to reach my office due to heavy traffic I will felt stress& pain in my legs especially in left knee after driving I feel this every day after my driving. Is there any exercise are some kind knee cap pls suggest me.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.