Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj GoelYour feedback matters!
I have pain while urinating sometimes. And yellowish sperm comes out on ejaculation or during night fall.
Gud eve sir, My age 45 years, male, has under gone preventive health check up on 27th January at New Delhi. While all the results seems to be normal but Glucose PP is below than the normal. Result of Glucose PP is 54. Glucose Fasting is 90. I gave sample for Glucose PP after about 80 minutes of taking good quantity of food. Sir, please advice what should be the next course of action to avoid diabetes. Thanks regards.
Dear sir\madam the skin of my inner thigh next to my private part is sagging. It looks like lump or extra skin growth. There is no pain or any type of other problems related to this. What is the cause for this which doctor should I consult? I am a female and 51 years old. This problem of mine persists from past 4-5 years.
Beriberi is a vitamin b1 (thiamine) deficiency. There are different types of beriberi dry (Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome), wet (cardiovascular disease), oriental and infantile.
- inadequate intake of thiamine.
- eating a diet in which most calories are derived from polished rice (oriental).
- excessive alcohol consumption (dry and wet beriberi).
- inadequate intake in breastfeeding mothers (infantile).
- other cause can be patients under dialysis, patients receiving high doses of diuretics.
- rarely genetic inability to absorb thiamine.
Sign and symptoms:
- glucose metabolism is affected so there is weakness.
- pain, tingling numbness in hands and feet.
- difficulty walking.
- muscle wasting with loss of function or paralysis of lower extremities.
- strange eye movements - nystagmus.
- mental confusion and speech difficulties.
- brain damage - affecting language and thinking.
- general swelling.
- increased heart rate.
- tachycardia (increased pulse rate).
- lung congestion.
- enlarged heart - congestive heart failure.
In infantile beriberi the child is usually breastfed can have sudden convulsions, cyanosis and can go in a coma.
- avoid alcohol.
- avoid eating unpolished rice or cereals.
- increase intake of thiamine (vitamin b1)
- thiamine is found in almost all foodstuffs of animal and plant origin. Fats oils and sugars do not contain thiamine.
- animal origin: lean meat especially pork, fish, dairy products, poultry, egg yolk are good sources of thiamine.
- yeast is a very good source of thiamine.
- plant origin: cereals, pasta, whole grains like rice and wheat germ, dried beans, peas and soybeans are a good source of vitamin b1.
- fruits and vegetables are not high in thiamine content.
- you can take thiamine supplements.
If any of the above symptoms are observed consult your physician as immediate supplementation of injectable thiamine is essential.