Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Garg
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj GargYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have 40 days old baby. But she sleep approx 20 to 22 hrs in a day. Is it normal? Or any issue. Kindly suggest.
My 11 months old daughter I eat very very less. Milk now seems she is not a all interested does not allow to touch her mouth. Tried everything ragi, orange juice, carrots potatoes etc but she is not willing to eat. Please help what should I do. Her weight is 8.6 kg and she remains active whole day playing only but appetite is really poor. Kindly suggest what I can do. Thanks.
My baby girl is 6 Months old. She was born in twins (baby boy) She is very weak. Her leg and hands are very soft she moves her leg and hands but not like her brother. Her brother can put his feet properly. Use ek hath se pakad lo to wo stand krta h bt wo leg bhi ni zin per, i'm very much worried about her. Kya wo chal payegi ya khade ho payegi apne leg par. Please advise me what should I do for her?
I have a baby boy who is 1.5 years old. Now I am finding difficulty to breast feed him since his teeth’s are grown up. Kindly suggest if I can stop breast feed and if yes, kindly suggest me a way.
My son is 2 years old. He speaks few words like amma, ac tv, mama etc. His did not started walking yet without support though he stand still holding on to something even in one leg. He doesn't eat properly but drinks milk, juice, eats chocolate, biscuits etc but don't want food at all. His social interaction is also zero but behave normal in party groups n all. He likes to play n stay with few people he knows very vell. From beginning his growth looks like is delay compare to his age group. Right now he is 10 kg but his height is good. Shall I wait for some more time or I have to start any treatment Please guide me. I am worried.
I'm taking Nexito Forte and Skizoril 12.5mg daily for the past 3-4 years. I'm undergoing psychiatric medications for the past 10 years. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia and ADHD. I have also been diagnosed to be suffering from Hypertension and have been prescribed Nebimac 5mg and Telma 40 for the past 6 months. Now my life is back on track and I have a good job in hand. But I feel that my life is going on just because of the medicines and fear for the worst when I stop taking medicines. I have had a talk with my doctor who said the dosage would be reduced gradually. What would you advise regarding this?
My head started paining before 3 days and now slowly cough is also occurring, is it symptom of tuberculosis. please tell me.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!