Hi, I am Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi, Dermatologist and hair transplant surgeon from MedLinks, New Delhi. I have been covering a very important condition today, which is called acne and this is one of the most common skin conditions globally, around 95% of people they have acne any point of time. So question is what causes acne, well the multiple reasons for acne the most common are the hormonal changes in the body that changed in the oil production by the stem cells and as a result this extra sebum this clogs our pores, combine with the dead cells and the infection by the bacteria which reside in the skin acne occurring selfless. There are multiple types of acne, acne is not a single disease there are more than 14 types of acne, the common words are called as acne vulgaris then we have comedones acne in common language we call as black and white heads and then there are severe cops of acne called as nodular acne. Acne is not a limited to teenagers, acne are also seen in adult women and this is matter of embarrassment and these kind of reasons which are seen in adult common may be a sign of underline hormonal problem. The question is why acne should be treated, the answer is, if acne are not treated they can lead to scarring and scarring is permanent. So the old myth that acne goes with the time that is correct but acne do not go without leaving that memories. They go but they leave their memories of scars and the soul water of treatment of acne is to prevent the scarring. So it is better to prevent acne and treat them on time rather than keep on fit in the scars because of improper treatment. What are the treatment options of acne? So acne treatment depends on the type of acne, the age of the patient and the severity. So mild acne that treated by certain face washes, the certain creams, retinoids, topical Balzoltociled certain face washes to reduce the oil production and de clogged the pores, but in moderate to severe cases we required oral medications and certain specialised therapies. At MedLinks we have a specialised, customised treatment for acne to name the few we have a signature treatment called as acne buster, acne buster treatment begins with the proper cleansing of the face with the some steam to the face to make the comedones get soften, we do thorough comedones extraction and then we do certain anti-acne peels to de clogged the pores to reduce the sebaceous lakes activity and to cause some exfoliation so that the complexion and the spots created by they also get better over the mean of time. For severe acne and specially the adult acne which are seen in women, we have a fantastic treatment called as carbon facial. The carbon facial is a very popular treatment globally and it uses acute switch and the lasers on the face to target adult acne and this treatment first apply carbon lotion on the face then with quacy long pills, we melt this carbon so that it can penetrate the pores and then with this quasi-CW laser we target this pigment which is concentrated in the sebaceous gland, so that we can directly target the gland and reduce its sebaceous activity. So this treatment is known to give very good results in adult women without the need of long term uses of contraceptives. By using these sophisticated treatments, we can treat acne on time and minimising the damage caused by these acne. So what are waiting for if there acne we have solutions and we have solutions for everybody, these are safe US FDA approved and they do not have any long term or short term side effects. Thank you.read more
Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj ChaturvediYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was very depressed when i got Vitilgo attack. I was immedialtly taken to Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi Clinic. He started my treatement with proper medication and some excersies within period of three months his treatment started showing positive results. Which ultimately freed me from depression & stress caused due vitilgo. I finf dr. Pankaj humble and down to earth he lisiten to the patient concern and starts this mdeication accordingly. I will must recommend every Vitilgo patient to consult Dr. Pankaj for their treatment.
Dr. Pankaj is a experienced derma doctor. He speaks polietly to every patient listen to this problem and give priority to the needy patients he explains about what could be the possible reasons due to which the disease may have occurred. The he inform patient what medication procedure he?s gonna use for the treatment of the diesease my most family member were under his treatment now he is kind of our family doctor. I would strongly recommend him as a skin specialist in delhi.
You are one of the best doctor which I have ever met in my life. Sir, I looked very older and it was very difficult for anyone to anticipate my real age. I am 30 and I really looked like the person of 50 years old. I visited to your clinic as my friend suggested me to do and it’s really great to see when I find myself younger all the time in front of the mirror. Thank you for your great work and huge support. We have a need of the doctor like you, who works very honestly.
I was disappointed with my unwanted hair over my chest which looked very creepy to me, whenever I looked myself to the mirror, then one day I had an appointment with Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi. Now, I feel very satisfied after hair removal surgery and it seems that surgery with Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi was thrifty. I hope you may always achieve lot of success in your career and I would like to suggest others to visit your clinic while going through the same problem like me.
It?s my first experience about Dr. Pankaj the doctor gives me plenty of time to umderstand my problem and the gives me the staisfying about the possible causes of my present problem and come up with some of the effective solutions to my problem and hohw we can achienve that goal he also shared to me some of the home remedies and excersises which i can do which ultimatly help in my recovery. I will must recommend dr pankaj for all your derma problems.
I’m 45 years old man and I was facing problem of having wrinkles all over my face. Then, Mr. Kapoor suggested me to visit once to your clinic and I took appointment on 23/12/2017 for facelift surgery. It’s really unbelievable to see myself that the man who stands in front of mirror is me. Sir, I thank you a lot for your good work and support, that was really a very nice experience to see myself in the mirror after getting surgery
Sir, it’s my great honour to tell few words on your applause. I had PRP treatment by you on previous month of december. The skin of my hands became very pulpy, it really looked very awkward to see my own hands. Then I visited to your clinic regarding the problem which I had. All Thanks to Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi to help me for getting out from this problem. I really appreciate your proficiency. Sir, you do work very enthusiastically.
I looked older than my age, I’m 25 and I looked like 35 years old woman. I felt that I am ugly. When I told to someone that I’m 25, they totally regret to believe me. So, one day my bestie suggested about you. After going through the surgery, I really feel young as I did look like 5 years ago. Thank you Dr. Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi for helping me to come out from my problem and makes me to feel younger again.
Being a working women i hardly make time to care of my body since 2 months their is a cyst problem started to develop on my left foot which i ignored it but after sometime it grows to a scale which limit my movement so, visit doctor pankaj for advice and his treatment is really effective of me within the span of 2-3 days i am started seeing results all thanks to doctor pankaj.
There is one nasty mole in my left leg toe for last 3 months its doesnt bother me because the size is small and i didnt feel any pain but for the last 2 week it grows 2 times in its size and i started to feeling pain so, i reached dr. Pankaj he asked me to go through a mole removal procedure which is painless and i now walking without any problem all thanks to doctor pankaj.
Dr. Pankaj laser hair treatment works like a magic for me, the quality of my hair increases and even the problem of hairfall is reduced now i can out with my friends and hangout with them without worring about my thin hairline and living my life to the fullest all thanks to Dr. Pankaj.
Being a in my teenage years iam very concerna bout my face and this acene problem started giving me tension so, i decided to get rid of it so i consult Dr. pankaj and his medication really helped me and within weeks i am fully recovered from my acnes.
I am having pretty serious hair fall problem even my mother started noticing my thin hairline the medication and diet changes dr. pankaj suggest are really helpful and within week i started seeing results all thanks to dr. pankaj.
Dr. Pankaj is one stop solution for all your derma problem, he is having the experience of more than years and medication he provide is really effective plus some home made remedies is a plus.
For a week i am started having skin rashes problem due to some allergy i immediatly visited doctor pankaj he started my medication and withing 24 hours my skin are gone forever
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
Radiant, supple and youthful looking skin is everyone’s dream. However, due to pollution and incorrect nutrition habits, your skin tends to show signs of aging before it is supposed to.
- Hydrate inside out: It is crucial to drink water as it cleanses your skin from within and flushes out toxins, making it look radiant. Along with drinking enough water, you also need to use hydrating lotion and serums which moisturize and protect your skin from infections and bacteria.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C: Many studies have proven that including more amount of vitamin C in your diet will help you keep your skin younger for longer and keep aging signs such as fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Include more vitamin C rich food in your meals, such as citrus fruits, sprouts and bell peppers because they are crucial for the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) in your skin.
- Eat sorbitol rich fruits: A particular humectant (a substance that is used to retain moisture) called ‘sorbitol’ is responsible for adding sweetness to grapes, berries and plums. Including sorbitol rich fruits in your diet is a great solution as the humectant helps in absorbing and retaining moisture in your skin. The moisture content in your skin helps in keeping it radiant and youthful.
- Exfoliation is a must: Along with the basic skincare routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing, you should also be exfoliating your skin. Exfoliation means removing a layer of dead skin and impurities by mild scrubbing. You can use a loofah or a pumice stone to exfoliate and get rid of the dead skin. Doing it once a week will ensure clean and clear skin which is free of impurities.
- Cut down on your dairy intake: Dairy products, including the organic ones, contain cow hormones, which stimulate the oil glands and pores in your skin; which is the main cause of acne and pimples. By cutting out dairy products, you can get an oil free, radiant skin. If you still feel the need to include dairy in your diet, opt for skimmed milk over full fat.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
Our skin is delicate and is the body’s largest or/an. The skin is susceptible to a wide range of ailments and conditions, since it is the most exposed part of the body. Autoeczematisation (generally known as autosensitization dermatitis) is skin inflammation caused by bacteria, which are present in various parts of the human body. The eczema or infection usually begins from the arms and legs before spreading to the rest of the body.
It is also referred to as id response. It is an intense response to a variety of stimuli that affect the skin. These include irritable and infectious skin conditions. The rash that characterises the id response, which is viewed as immunologic in origin, is known as dermatophytid, pediculid, or bacterid. When linked with another infectious disease in the body, it becomes all the more intense.
Autoeczematisation is generally caused when the skin has a reaction to a contamination or infection. The disease might be caused by an infection, bacteria, microscopic organisms or even a parasite. In case the body builds up an infection, the skin responds to it by weakening the immune system. This makes the skin more prone to catching a disease or an illness. This can result in autoeczematisation and make the skin more irritable.
Given below are the symptoms of autoeczematisation:
Autoeczematisation usually begins with an infection brought on by microbes, bacteria, or some organism. It will show itself on the skin in about 1 to 2 weeks as an allergy. In typical dermatitis symptoms, individuals experience dry and irritated skin along with wounds or injuries appearing on the arms and legs.
Similarly, as with any skin issue, in case it is persistent and painful, you need to quickly contact your specialist, dermatologist, or autoeczematisation skin careexpert.
There are three sorts of treatment for autoeczematisation once an analysis has been done. Most doctors treat the origin of the disease or infection. Once this has been fully accomplished, the injuries can be treated.
Corticosteroids: Corticosteroids are creams that you apply to the skin. This cream comes in both over-the-counter and prescription form. They are used to control itching and irritation.
Antihistamines: Antihistamines can also be prescribed and are available over the counter. These are used to control the itching. Benadryl is a common over-the-counter type of syrup and pill that can be taken.
Lotions: Once autoeczematisation has been diagnosed, it's important to keep the skin appropriately hydrated. A mild lotion should be applied on the skin once a day.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycysticovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.
Some of us are born with freckles and some acquire them, mostly due to sun exposure. They are not common on dark skin, but those of us with lighter complexion have to bear the brunt of these brown dot-like blemishes. If you’ve been waiting for information on easy and super-fast ways to get rid of freckles, you’ve just got lucky.
You can use natural lightening methods as well as freckle-removing treatments like lasers to get rid of freckles fast.
Natural lightening methods:
- Lemon juice: This natural bleach can lighten freckles fast. Problem is that lemon juice doesn’t work on freckles caused due to sun exposure as these are darker and more irregularly placed across the skin.
- Sour cream mask: Milk and sour cream are both very effective in combating freckles. Just make a mask and apply on your face and let it soak in. What happens here is that the lactic acid in milk peels away the outer skin on your face, lightening freckles.
- Fruit peels: You can mix fruits and apply on face. This will facilitate the natural acids in fruits to peel the top layer of skin and lighten freckles. Strawberries and kiwi fruit are very effective and so are cucumbers and apricots.
Treatments for removing freckles
- Lightening creams: These are easily available as well as extremely effective against both natural as well as sun induced freckles. Creams with liquorice extract and Aloe work best. Then there are creams with chemicals like hydroquinone and oxybenzone, which are also very effective, though they can sometimes have side effects.
- Microdermabrasion: What microdermabrasion does is that it removes the outer layer of skin through the action of a stream of tiny particles. This reduces the intensity of freckles.
- Chemical peels: These peels remove the top layer of skin and reduce freckles. Skin needs 2-3 days to heal after a chemical peel. Chemical peels are prepared in 3 different strengths:
- Superficial which use alpha or beta hydroxy acids
- Medium which uses trichloroacetic acid to penetrate deep into skin
- Deep peels which use higher concentrations of trichloroacetic acid or phenol to get rid of even more layers of skin.
- Laser treatment: Lasers offer a fast way to get rid of freckles. They work by burning the blood vessels underneath the freckles. This reduces the intensity of freckles and gives skin an even tone. The procedure is safe if done by a surgeon. It may cause some temporary bruising, swelling and redness.
A good way to stop freckles from marring the prettiness of your skin is to protect yourself from the sun. You can wear sunscreen or cover your skin with long sleeves. Both of these stop the darkening of old freckles or the formation of newer ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
The term exfoliative dermatitis literally means peeling or shedding of the skin. It is also known as erythroderma. This condition is characterized by the reddening and peeling away of large patches of skin all over the body. The skin may also turn rough and scaly and feel painful or itchy. Exfoliative dermatitis is caused by a skin cell disorder, which causes a rapid turnover in skin cells. People suffering from chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis, autoimmune diseases, eczema and seborrheic dermatitis are at a high risk of suffering from this condition.
Apart from affecting a person’s appearance, the shedding of skin cells can also cause dehydration and nutritional deficiencies especially of protein and vitamin Aand D. The loss of skin cells also makes you vulnerable to serious infections and damage to muscles and bones. It can also lead to hair loss and thickening of nails. Thus it is important to treat this condition as early as possible.
Treatment for this condition depends on a number of factors including the patient’s age, overall health, tolerance to specific types of medication and procedures and extent of reaction. When treating this disease, it is important to identify the root cause as it resists treatment until the root cause has been treated. To do this, a skin biopsy may be needed along with a physical examination and blood tests.
Patients suffering from acute exfoliative dermatitis may also require hospitalization. Hospitalization may also be suggested for elderly patients or people living alone. This is in cases where the condition has affected the patient’s fluid levels and internal body temperature. Emergency treatment can include:
- Discontinuation of medications that may be causing this condition as a side effect
- Application of petroleum jelly on the affected area to reduce fluid loss and prevent secondary infections
- Non adherent dressing of the affected areas if the skin is crusting or weeping
- Correction of body temperature through cooling baths or heated blankets
- Antibiotics and intravenous fluids to combat dehydration
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
Post Acne Scars and their treatment
When you have a pimple, it is very tempting to burst it. While this may provide temporary relief, it can often leave scars behind. In many cases, these scars may be permanent and can mat your beauty. Thankfully, there are ways to treat acne scars. Treatment for acne scars depends largely on the type of scars.
Treatment for Indented Scars
Indented scars can be seen in the form of shallow pits on the skin. They are caused by the release of insufficient collagen during the healing phase. Microdermabrasion is the most popular form of treatment for such acne scars. This is a noninvasive technique that exfoliates the outer layer of skin and helps renew skin. In the case of shallow indented scars, this treatment may completely eliminate the scar while in the case of deeper scars; it can make them less visible. Deep indented scars may also be treated with lasers to reduce the size of the scar mad erase persistent marks. If neither of these techniques work, surgery may be advised. This involves removing the scarred area and inserting skin grafts in its place.
Treatment for Raised Scars
An excessive production of collagen during the healing phase can raise the scar. These may also be termed as keloid and hypertrophic scars. Injecting corticosteroids or silicon into the skin can help flatten the scar and level your skin. Cryotherapy may also be used to treat such scars. This therapy involves exposing the skin to extremely low temperatures so as to freeze the skin cells and make them peel off. In some instances, surgery may also be required.
Treatment for Discoloured Scars
Acne can often leave behind discolored patches of skin. In cases of excessive melanin production, the skin may appear darker than normal. On the other hand, if the melanin production is compromised, hypopigmentation may occur which makes the area look lighter than the surrounding skin. Pigmentation scars are easier to treat as compared to raised or indented scars. Topical ointments may be prescribed as the first form of treatment for these scars. Exfoliation can also be very helpful. Addition treatments could include microdermabrasion, laser treatment, and chemical peels.
When it comes to acne scars, prevention is the best remedy. Most scars are created by picking zits and trying to drain them yourself. This should be avoided. If a zit is painful, consult a dermatologist who can drain it for you. It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair removal is one of the constant challenges a woman faces in keeping her skin smooth. Waxing, tweezing and shaving are some of the most common techniques used to remove hair. These are quick and can be done at home but they have temporary results and need to be repeated every few weeks. If this tires you out and you need a more permanent solution, laser therapy may be the perfect solution.
This technique of hair removal uses laser beams to remove unwanted hair. The beam passes through the skin without damaging it and burns the hair follicles. Once the follicles have been damaged, they fall off and do not regrow. While it does not guarantee permanent hair removal, it does slow down the process of regrowth and provides a longer hair-free period. Laser treatment may need to be performed more than once in the case of thick hair growth.
Laser treatment is most effective for light-skinned people with dark hair. It can be used to remove hair from the arms, legs, underarms, bikini line etc. Laser treatment is not recommended for the area around the eyelids. Some of the benefits of laser treatment include:
- Lasers are precise and do not harm the surrounding area
- Laser treatment is quick, Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute. Larger areas like the back may take up to an hour
- Laser treatment is much more effective as compared to other techniques of hair removal. Along with reducing hair growth, it also does not cause undergrowth.
For at least 6 weeks before undergoing laser treatment, you should not use any other forms of hair removal that involves removing the hair from its roots. Before the treatment, your hair will be trimmed and a cooling gel will be applied over the area. You will also be given a protective eye mask. The laser will be customized to the density of your hair, color, location and your skin type. You may feel a zapping sensation when the laser is directed to your skin. After the procedure, an ice pack or an anti-inflammatory lotion may be applied to ease discomfort
Unlike waxing and other means of hair removal, laser treatment cannot be performed by everyone. This must be performed only by a certified dermatologist at a sterile clinic. Your skin may look sunburnt for a day or two after the procedure. This can be relieved with ice packs and moisturizers. Blistering is rare but some people may experience temporary inflammation and redness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The quality of a person’s skin says a lot about their age. As the years go by, your skin loses its elasticity and firmness and wrinkles and fine lines become increasingly prominent. Everyone wants to look younger and boast of the skin they once had but not everyone wants to undergo cosmetic surgery for the same. Thankfully, there are a number of noninvasive techniques that can help tighten skin and reduce wrinkles.
Botox or botulinum injections are one of the most popular ways to erase fine line, crow’s feet, and wrinkles. This is extracted from botulinum bacteria and can be used on the forehead, around the eyes, cheeks, and neck. The injection is relatively pain-free and takes only a few minutes but its effects are temporary. The results become apparent 3 to 7 days after the injection and to maintain your look, you will need to take the injections every 3 to 6 months.
This involves the use of an acid solution that removes the top layer of dead cells from the skin. It can be used to address fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots etc. There are many different types of chemical peels that may be used depending on the extent of treatment required. Chemical peels should be only applied in a certified dermatologist’s clinic.
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical technique that exfoliates the top layer of skin with tiny crystals. In doing so, it helps treat fine lines, acne and tightens the skin. The effects of microdermabrasion are subtle and you may need up to ten sessions to see a noticeable difference.
intragenic is a skin treatment method that utilizes the radio frequency device. This method works very well for the purposes of skin toning, tightening and rejuvenation. As it works on radio frequency method, it penetrates the deepest layer of the dermis and remodels the existing collagen. Moreover, it also stimulates neo-collagen and effectively tones and tightens the skin.
HiFu is a non-invasive method of skin treatment that uses the ultrasound to tighten, tone and also lift the sagging skin on the face. it is also called “non surgical facelift” or skin tightening by some experts and people. This method works best for aged people who are worried about their loosening and sagging skin due to age or any other reasons.
This type of laser therapy is ideal for people who want to improve their skin tone and texture. It can also be used to treat brown patches on the skin. Without damaging the outer layer, it stimulates collagen production and makes the skin firmer and tighter. For the results to be visible, 4 to 6 sessions may be needed.
Like lasers, intense pulsed light therapy can be used to address the dermis. This form of treatment involves directing short pulses of light at the dermis that destroy cells and aid in renewing the skin. Along with treating redness and patches, it also stimulates collagen to increase the skin’s elasticity. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi, I am Dr Pankaj Chaturvedi, Dermatologist and hair transplant surgeon from MedLinks, New Delhi. I have been covering a very important condition today, which is called acne and this is one of the most common skin conditions globally, around 95% of people they have acne any point of time. So question is what causes acne, well the multiple reasons for acne the most common are the hormonal changes in the body that changed in the oil production by the stem cells and as a result this extra sebum this clogs our pores, combine with the dead cells and the infection by the bacteria which reside in the skin acne occurring selfless. There are multiple types of acne, acne is not a single disease there are more than 14 types of acne, the common words are called as acne vulgaris then we have comedones acne in common language we call as black and white heads and then there are severe cops of acne called as nodular acne. Acne is not a limited to teenagers, acne are also seen in adult women and this is matter of embarrassment and these kind of reasons which are seen in adult common may be a sign of underline hormonal problem. The question is why acne should be treated, the answer is, if acne are not treated they can lead to scarring and scarring is permanent. So the old myth that acne goes with the time that is correct but acne do not go without leaving that memories. They go but they leave their memories of scars and the soul water of treatment of acne is to prevent the scarring. So it is better to prevent acne and treat them on time rather than keep on fit in the scars because of improper treatment. What are the treatment options of acne? So acne treatment depends on the type of acne, the age of the patient and the severity. So mild acne that treated by certain face washes, the certain creams, retinoids, topical Balzoltociled certain face washes to reduce the oil production and de clogged the pores, but in moderate to severe cases we required oral medications and certain specialised therapies. At MedLinks we have a specialised, customised treatment for acne to name the few we have a signature treatment called as acne buster, acne buster treatment begins with the proper cleansing of the face with the some steam to the face to make the comedones get soften, we do thorough comedones extraction and then we do certain anti-acne peels to de clogged the pores to reduce the sebaceous lakes activity and to cause some exfoliation so that the complexion and the spots created by they also get better over the mean of time. For severe acne and specially the adult acne which are seen in women, we have a fantastic treatment called as carbon facial. The carbon facial is a very popular treatment globally and it uses acute switch and the lasers on the face to target adult acne and this treatment first apply carbon lotion on the face then with quacy long pills, we melt this carbon so that it can penetrate the pores and then with this quasi-CW laser we target this pigment which is concentrated in the sebaceous gland, so that we can directly target the gland and reduce its sebaceous activity. So this treatment is known to give very good results in adult women without the need of long term uses of contraceptives. By using these sophisticated treatments, we can treat acne on time and minimising the damage caused by these acne. So what are waiting for if there acne we have solutions and we have solutions for everybody, these are safe US FDA approved and they do not have any long term or short term side effects. Thank you.