Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj ChabraYour feedback matters!
I had dry cough from last 1 month what should I do to overcome on that? I tried many things but it didn't worked.
I have tonsils from last 7 months according to ent doctors it is due to falling of mucus in my throat and their is no relief from antibiotics what to do.
I am suffering from cough and cold from 5 days there r excess green colour cough coming from stomach and pain in throat what to do for this excess sneezing.
Angina or angina pectoris is the pain, discomfort or tightness in the chest that occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle cells is not enough to meet its energy needs. It is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of the coronary heart disease.
What are the different types of angina?
1. Stable angina: It is the commonest form of angina. It can be triggered by stress or physical activity and usually only lasts a few minutes.
2. Unstable angina: It happens when you're resting or aren't very active. The pain is strong and long lasting, and may keep recurring. It may be a signal of an impending heart attack.
3. Variant angina: This might take place when you're asleep or at rest. This sudden tightening or narrowing of the heart's arteries causes a lot of pain.
How u know what your are experiencing is an angina pain?
You might be having angina pain if you suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Pain in your arm, neck, jaw and back
- Numbness or loss of feeling in your arms, shoulders or wrists
Immediate Relief from Angina
If previously advised by a certified doctor, patients can take antiplatelet medicines which are blood thinners and prevent unstable angina. Final treatments include angioplasty (repair of a blocked blood vessel through surgery), insertion of a coronary artery stent (a tube that is used to treat weakened arteries) or a heart bypass surgery for serious complications.
I am having very bad cough since 3 weeks now and bcoz of that I am having wheezing and breathing problem also. I went to doc he gave me sinarest. But it did not work .very much fed up can you pls suggest some good medicine.
My Daughter has cough and running nose and her first molar teeth coming out. She is cranking very often and drooling. Please suggest some medicine for cough and cold too. She is 14 month old.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.