Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Agarwal
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My face has become dull due to consumption of water added bleaching powder how can I brighten up my face?
Hi. I'm Michael. My forehead gets darker whenever I go out in sun. As of now I use melabest cream and the darkness on my forehead vanishes. Again if I stop using and go out still the darkness (black color) continues. Please suggest me how should I get rid of this permanently. Thank you in advance.
Hello Doc I am 43 years old man and still I have problems of acne and then black spots due to it. My skin is also very oily and I have whiteheads also. Kindly suggest what I should do to minimize this if not eradicate it totally. Thanks.
My problem is that since last 2-3 months it is paining a lot? Whenever I feel like passing motions, I go the toilet but it is very difficult for me to pass motions and I am scared because that portions pains a lot, what is it. There is no blood in stool, I am getting this on time as well. So what are the remedies? Please help. Drinking approx 2-3 ltrs water daily as well.
Sir I am 24 year old male i am having an oil tag on my face near eye how can I remove it please give me an advice.
Everyone desires to have a glowing skin and it is very important that the face is washed regularly and moisturized to keep it smooth. Many beauty treatments are available to make the skin look young and radiant, but some of them are also ineffective and do not reduce the effects of aging. Some treatments like use of chemical peels, photofacial treatment and microdermabrasion are useful in returning the glow of your skin.
Use of chemical peels
The use of chemical peels mainly involves the use of chemicals to remove the upper layer of the skin. The layer of the skin is peeled easily as additives or some wax is added in the chemical peels. The remaining cells are moisturized by the acidic solution and it also helps in the promotion of collagen production and gives your face an even complexion. Acne problem can be treated using chemical peels and these peels can be used even on hands and neck. Nevertheless, there are some side effects that are caused by chemical peels as well.
Side-effects caused by Chemical peels
1. Use of chemical peels on the face sometimes causes scarring, characteristically on the lower part of the face. The appearance of the scars can be reduced using steroid medications and antibiotics.
2. The common side effects that are caused by the use of chemical peels are itching, redness and swelling of the skin.
3. Sometimes the color of the skin gets a little more darkened by using chemical peels or even lighter than normal and this condition is permanent.
4. The herpes virus that causes cold sores is flared up by use of chemical peels.
5. Carbolic acid is used in deep chemical peels and it can damage the heart muscles and even cause irregular heartbeat.
6. Carbolic acid or phenol used in the peels can harm the liver and kidneys. Hence, to avoid its side-effects the peel must be used at an interval of 10 to 20 minutes.
Who should not use a chemical peel?
1. Chemical peels are not advised for people who have been taking acne medication for the past 6 months or for people having dark complexion.
2. People with freckles and pale complexion or red hair must not use chemical peels
3. You should not use chemical peels if you have a history of severe outbreaks of cold sores.
4. People having abnormal skin pigmentation or facial warts must also not use chemical peels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.