Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Agarwal
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am applying a cream on my face but there are still some spot which are not leaving the surface. Can you recommend me something useful?
Can a fissure fistula person can eat potatoes. khatta meethi goli parle poppins. Can he eat tobacco gutka?
Hlo sir, from last few years I have pigmentation on my face as no even skin, darken around nose and chin, and also have acne and white heads problem, I want to make my face clear ,suggest some natural way or any cream which have no bad effects ,and also my neck skin is darken than body skin, also suggest some way to improve.
I'm suffering with blackness of face due to tanning. Give me best suggestion for face without side effects.
I noticed dark black spots on my lips initially which very soon turned my lips dark and black. I have never smoked in my life. I was drinking a lot of coffee lately (2 weeks ago, nothing happened then) but stopped it completely now. I have started to take Vit B capsules as well (been two days only). But the color is not even fading away. I am scared of how long would it take to go away. I don't know what I did wrong. I have been using the same lip balm since years now. I do not know if I am allergic to anything or what caused this. Both my upper and lower lip are DRY, itchy (little) and CHAPPEDand BLACK. No matter how much lip balm I apply. Please help. Thanks!
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Skin pigmentation has become a common problem these days. May be it is our stressful life or busy schedules or the food what we are eating, whatever it is but somehow skin pigmentation is more or less affecting our personality. Try to do simple changes in your lifestyle and you can avoid this. Drink plenty of fluids esp. Water so that your body keeps hydrated. Sleep early; avoid junk food; avoid too much spicy and pungent food. Add yoga and meditation in your regular lifestyle; it will reduce stress which ultimately lead to healthy skin. Apply ghee or coconut oil on your face or hand atleast 15 min before stepping out in hot sun. Apply a mixture of mashed tomatoes, oatmeals n yogurt for 10-15 min. And then wash it off.