Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pankaj Agarwal
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pankaj AgarwalYour feedback matters!
If any grown-up skin faces it, it is a condition which is regarded as undiagnosed till date by dermatologists, it is none other than Keratosis Pilaris. The building of keratin on the skin and blockage of hair follicles is termed as Keratosis Pilaris. Arms, butt, and legs are the areas where the formation of these scaly plugs is likely to be found. Though not dangerous, this kind of skin texture can offer a feeling of irritation. Estimation shows that almost forty percent of adults have a tendency of having Keratosis Pilaris.
Dry weather and eczema are conditions with which Keratosis Pilaris can be closely associated. As a matter of fact, this condition also does come along with genetic conditions. Hence, the next time you have ingrown hairs, consult a doctor before you begin to scour your skin.
Areas of the skin that are affected
- When feeling troubles due to some irritation on your skin, especially around your legs and arms, stop for a minute and think what it can be.
- Allergy on your skin, white bumps similar to whiteheads, raised lumps are some the visuals that you can see on your skin if you detect that you might have Keratosis Pilaris.
- Patches of rough or uneven skin are also few of the symptoms.
- Self-diagnosing is never recommended for which you need to see a dermatologist straight away so that you do not have to think for solutions for a condition that you do not have.
To be honest, Keratosis Pilaris is that condition that will linger if you are an adult for life. But for a child, the effects are less harmful as the skin disease seems to fade away by the time they reach thirty. Effectual treatment options have now materialized in this modern era due to such encroachment in medical science for treating the condition of Keratosis Pilaris in the best possible way. Few medical treatments available are as follows:
- Creams: Chances are when you visit a reputed dermatologist; the expert will recommend you to apply creams that include salicylic and alpha-hydroxy acid that obstructs the building of keratin scaly plug. The amlactic body lotion is one of the products that are highly sought-after ones that also make your skin smooth and soft.
- Topical Immunomodulators: Tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are few topical immunomodulators that can be utilised for treating Keratosis Pilaris.
- Oral medication: Isotretinoin pills are considered as a very effective oral medication for this skin condition. Acne scarring can be reduced to large extents with this.
Every individual is known to have different kinds of skin. Hence, not every tip will help you to eradicate the disease but will do help in controlling the spreading of the skin condition. Listen to what your body is trying to say to you, agree with what your doctor recommends, and you will have beautiful skin in no time. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!