Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Palash GuptaYour feedback matters!
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
My mother is feeling a burning itching sensation in her thighs. More prevalent in left thigh. She was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has undergone mastectomy one month back. As there was a drain attached on the right side she was sleeping mostly on the left side. Can this be the cause of the burning sensation as I read somewhere? what can be reason and possible cure for this.
I am getting strain in legs if I stand for 20 mins and getting leg muscles pain if I work hard. What could be the reason.
Please help me. Mere kalse (thursday: 6/10/2016) ki raat se PEECHE KAMAR PR SE LEFT SIDE KA POORA HISSA BHUT DARD HO RHA HAI. AUR IS TIME TO JAISE ekdum dard saha nhi jaa rha hai.(plzz note: meri KAMAR, NEECHE KA POORA LEFT SIDE KA HISSA THAT MEANS LEFT LEG. Neeche tak poora dard ho rha. Sirf left portion may hi dard hai. Ekdum se ye dard utha) pllzz help me fast.
I am ajay from haryana fatehabad and I am suffering from back pain and my height is also small how can I increase my height please tell me.
I am suffering from severe back pain from last 2 days. Before that I done some sort of exercises. Give me an solution for this.
I constantly try to educate patients on proper posture, but because people (myself included) spend so much time driving and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Driving can mean different for different people. It may be a way of leisure for some or as an everyday activity to commute to office. Driving for long time has always accompanied with some or the other musculoskeletal problems. It become a leading cause of back pain to our fast pace life.The problem is treated but the root cause of it is never looked after or we just don't bother about it much..
Why we get the pain or associated problems when we drive for long time?
Poor posture while driving can produce a repetitive load to the tissues that causes sustained stress. Daily prolonged drives apply loads to the spine that can cause viscoelastic tissues to slowly deform and creep. Simply staying in the car seat with poor posture long enough will eventually ensure damage. Sustained load and resultant deformation/creep causes a progressive reduction in tissue strength.With your hands in the proper position on the steering wheel, the thoracic spine, scapula and shoulder joint have a better chance of remaining in neutral. usually, we hold steering wheel with one hand and lean to other side.due to leaning hip bone( iliac crest) and 12th rib approximate; this will contribute to shortness (tightness) of the quadratus lumborum or latissimus dorsi
If the pelvis is rotated, it will contribute to lumbar or SI pathology and overactivity of the TFL(muscle). If the knees are even slightly superior to the hips, then there will be hip flexors muscles over activity or shortness, and hip extensor inhibition or weakness. Prolonged sitting on the glutes can cause poor circulation and lack of oxygen to the tissue, contributing to inhibition.
A person driving with a clutch who has poor or limited ankle dorsiflexion (like after ankle fracture) can perpetuate overly active hip flexors because they will pull the foot off the clutch using the hip flexors, instead of dorsiflexion at the ankle.
1) Select a car that matches your height and suits your work.
2) Change posture as much as possible take frequent Microbreaks ,recommended atleast 15 minutes, every 2 hours
3) Place hand on steering wheels so that elbows are close to your side and not so high that you have to reach up for the wheel.
4) Place hands at 3 o’clock or 9 o’clock position this will reduce the amount of strain on shoulders and put hands in safer position.
5) It is advisable to keep two hands in steering wheel except while shifting gears. Change hand posture frequently to reduce fatigue and improve circulation.
6) Learn Microbreaks: An example of a "microbreak" for driving in the car is squeezing the shoulder blades together for 20-30 seconds and repeating 2-3 times. Repeating anterior and posterior pelvic tilts and lateral tilts for a minute or two is sometimes helpful. Other microbreaks for driving include cervical range of motion, and shoulder retraction with elevation and depression.
1) Avoid lifting after driving long hours because your muscles are tired your ligaments are stretched and disc are at risk of injury, give yourself some time to stretch and relax.
2) The death grip posture, the one arm cool dude” the Wrist resting at 12 o’clock position on steering wheel and fingers flop over the top, arm straight out in front and one arm propped on your window.
The longest journey begins with a right sitting posture, not with a turn of the ignition key !!!! dive safe
MY wife suffering from back pain and shoulder pain after delivery 6 month complete. What should i do to cure?
The knee is the largest joint of the body and is made up of upper and lower bones that are separated by two discs known as menisci. While minor knee pain may be experienced by many people, it should be handled with medical intervention when it becomes a serious and debilitating problem. Sudden injury or injury due to overuse as well as myriad conditions that affect the joints and muscles can bring about knee pain. Underlying conditions like osteoporosis or arthritis, which affect the bones and joints, can also cause knee pain. The symptoms include painful swelling and stiffness as well as severe discomfort.
Let us learn more about the causes of knee pain and the ways in which it can be managed:
- Injury: Exercise and sports injuries are one of the most common causes that can be the start of acute knee pain, as well as chronic condition. These kinds of injuries can affect the ligaments and cartilage which leads to severe pain. The pain can even affect the way one functions in one's daily life. Knee ligament injuries can also cause this kind of pain. These ligaments are bands of tissues that connect the thigh bone with the lower leg bones. Sprains and tears in the ACL or PCL are common in sports injuries, and may even require surgery in many cases. Knee Cartilage Tears can also take place in the hard yet flexible cartilage of the knee which can affect the meniscus around the knee. This condition may also require surgery.
- Arthritis: This condition can affect the knees specifically and is one of the most common types of arthritis. This is a chronic condition which gets progressively worse over time and may even require surgery. Stiffness and inflammation are common symptoms. Rheumatoid arthritis is also a degenerative auto-immune disease that can affect the knees and cause knee pain. Furthermore, post traumatic arthritis can also be experienced after an injury. Osteoarthritis is another common condition that leads to knee pain. It basically occurs due to wear and tear of the knees over a prolonged period and is usually experienced by patients over the age of 50.
- Managing Knee Pain: While pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs may be prescribed for most cases, along with the surgery in long run, it is also possible to manage knee pain with the help of better lifestyle choices like regular knee and muscle strengthening exercises as well as REST - rest, ice, compression and elevation. These methods can help in relieving inflammation and pain. But very severe cases will require medical intervention, so it is imperative to get in touch with your doctor if the condition does not improve. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.